Send Topic Print
Never mind....... (Read 208 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Never mind.......
Reply #30 - 08/14/18 at 02:49:59

But coal is better than the environmental disaster of nuclear

Completely incorrect, you need to brush up on LFTR reactors.

https://youtu.be/uK367T7h6ZY

We could have been using it already.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #31 - 08/14/18 at 03:46:46

Nuclear power is very, very clean - unless you have an accident. Plus there is the waste to worry about for just about ever. Personally, I hope they find less dangerous ways to extract energy. Still, given only one of two choices; living next door to a coal power plant or a nuclear power plant, I'd definitely go with the latter.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 08/14/18 at 05:48:15

As long as we are willing to pay someone else to create enough energy to support our personal usage then we will have these problems.

I don't think there's a single national or global solution, each region needs to examine and use the best power they can.  For instance wind and solar work where most my property is as there's a lot of wind and its sunny most the year now.  My personal property puts power into the grid.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 08/14/18 at 11:27:51

That being true doesn't make either not a source of pollution.
It's all gotta get made. Copper and plastic and batteries, everything required energy to create. And factories to be built and the manufacturing process for everything that that system is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #34 - 08/14/18 at 22:33:44

faffi wrote on 08/14/18 at 03:46:46:
Nuclear power is very, very clean - unless you have an accident.

That does not make any sense at all. It depends on the technology. The only nuclear power that is both safe and very low waste is LFTR reactors. Other nuclear reactor produce dangerous waste whether or not they have an accident. https://youtu.be/bbyr7jZOllI

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 08/15/18 at 15:13:33

Construct a space elevator and the primary function for it would be to get waste to a space station. A launching system can be developed to send waste into the sun. Difficult? Yes. Expensive? Hell yes. But if it was done, the biggest drawback to expanding nuclear energy would be removed.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #36 - 08/16/18 at 08:21:43

eau de sauvage wrote on 08/14/18 at 02:49:59:
We could have been using it already.

How many Thorium Reactors are in Australia ?

The idea developed in the 60’s, yet just a decade later, the  Oak Ridge National Laboratory closed in the 70’s.  The only new plant is now just coming on line, ( I think it is in the Netherlands). some 40+ years later.  And it is totally experimental ! The idea could be very good, but we just don’t know it yet.
All the screaming about it, are from people who get, ‘FUNDED”, to find out, because they just don’t know. But they want the, ‘FUNDING’, from Your Pocket so, they, can drive a Mercedes, while you drive a Ford Focus.  Instead of using the, 'FUNDING', they get to actually, 'FUND'  the quest for knowledge, a great deal of it is paying for a car, (etc.etc.etc), for there own personal enjoyment.

In using this Thorium Reactor idea. It still has the problem of NOT, using a renewable source, and the by product is Still dangerous.
Also, it may seem like the design is simple, it is actually more complicated than the known design, which that information is shared freely.

After the experiments at this new Thorium Reactors are done, their will be information on it will/will not work better than something else.

And don’t forget, any, ‘Reactor’, using any fuel,  if started now, will take 16-18 years to be up and running.
Where will Photovoltaic be in 20 Years ?  Where will LED’s be in 20 years?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:28:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Never mind.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.