Honestly too smart.... (Read 129 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Honestly too smart....
08/02/18 at 09:04:51

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Honestly too smart....
Reply #1 - 08/02/18 at 09:12:52

I would say, most probably so.

Because it is so clear,
(as was also stated on this form by a Moderator),
that a person, of one group, who shows,
ANY,
regard, respect, for a person of another group.

That person is, eaten alive, by their OWN group !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/02/18 at 09:27:48

I don't think so.  On it's surface, it's a well written op-ed.  

If anything, it might garner her more business.

However, I think she's mistaken in saying that "He is the most qualified conservative for the job".  There are far more qualified candidates than Kavanaugh.  That's not just my opinion, but many others on the left and right.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/02/18 at 09:28:19

Yes, we Liberals are terrible,... (especially the one that's a moderator)
Trumpeteers would never do that... They never turn on their own for speaking truth...
Jeff Flake, Steve Schmidt, Corker, Bush 1, Bush 2, Jeb, Graham, Kasich, McCain,

Seriously?...  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 08/02/18 at 09:50:19

Serowbot wrote on 08/02/18 at 09:28:19:
Yes, we Liberals are terrible,... (especially the one that's a moderator) Trumpeteers would never do that... They never turn on their own for speaking truth...Jeff Flake, Steve Schmidt, Corker, Bush 1, Bush 2, Jeb, Graham, Kasich, McCain, Seriously?...  Huh

I believe their is a difference between:

A group of people, saying about one who says they are a part of the same group, “That person is a bad person because of this and that, and they also have stated they do not believe in the fundamentals of the group they are in”.

To a person, who says/practices, the fundamentals of the group they are in, yet are devoured by their own group, by stating a positive note about someone who is not a part of their group.
(OH for the panty in a bunch people, that group is: ‘liberal Democrat and feminist’,  as stated by the, liberal Democrat feminist herself, who I believe, is about to be devoured by other,  liberal Democrat and feminists)

“…They never turn on their own for speaking truth…”
Wait, does this mean, you, believe that Kavanaugh is the best for the job ?
You say: “…speaking truth…”.

Or is this like, you believe JFK was boinking MM ?
Wait,  is it you don’t believe JFK was boinking MM ?
Not sure, can you clarify, what you believe in?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 08/02/18 at 09:59:39

I don't care whether JFK liked M&M's or not,... I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy...

If you want to disown people that don't believe in the fundamentals of your party,.. start with tRump...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 08/02/18 at 10:09:30

Serowbot wrote on 08/02/18 at 09:59:39:
I don't care whether JFK liked M&M's or not,

Didn’t ask you what kind of candy JFK likes,   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

I’m just pointing out your hypocrisy…

Really ?, read that post, again !

If you want to disown people that don’t believe in the fundamentals of your party,.. start with tRump...  

So that would be exactly how/what, you said/did, concerning H.R.C.?
It that the exact way ‘it’ should be done ?
The exact way, you did it ?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 08/02/18 at 10:19:14

T And T Garage wrote on 08/02/18 at 09:27:48:

However, I think she's mistaken in saying that "He is the most qualified conservative for the job".  There are far more qualified candidates than Kavanaugh.  That's not just my opinion, but many others on the left and right.

I don’t recall her saying that....
I will look again.
She talked about the litmus test of Row vs. Wade and how 41, I think the number was, republicans voted to affirm Ruth based on her overall qualifications....
That sureis missing in today’s environment.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/02/18 at 10:22:48

raydawg wrote on 08/02/18 at 10:19:14:

I will look again.
She talked about the litmus test of Row vs. Wade and how 41, I think the number was, republicans voted to affirm Ruth based on her overall qualifications....

"He is the most qualified conservative for the job" is a direct quote from the article.

She is of course entitled to her opinion, but I personally feel she misses the mark on his qualifications.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 08/02/18 at 11:21:39

T And T Garage wrote on 08/02/18 at 10:22:48:
raydawg wrote on 08/02/18 at 10:19:14:

I will look again.

"He is the most qualified conservative for the job" is a direct quote from the article.

She is of course entitled to her opinion, but I personally feel she misses the mark on his qualifications.

Interesting.....
Yeah, I read right through that.
Upon your observation/link, I don’tread it, and maybe that is why I didn’t assign it the same value (?) as you...
But I see the remark more like this: “Being appointed by Republicans, he shares a lot of their political views/beliefs, and is amply qualified as such.”

You want to explain your take?

BTW, not sure, but it seems republican nominated judges have swung more votes than democrat nominated ones.
I think however, that is changing a bit, and when Ruth is gone, even more so.

Note: I wonder how much they do agree, on other matters that don’t bring the political and media fanfare?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 08/02/18 at 11:30:53

raydawg wrote on 08/02/18 at 11:21:39:
Interesting.....
Yeah, I read right through that.
Upon your observation/link, I don’tread it, and maybe that is why I didn’t assign it the same value (?) as you...
But I see the remark more like this: “Being appointed by Republicans, he shares a lot of their political views/beliefs, and is amply qualified as such.”

Well, to me, there really is nothing to infer about the statement ""He is the most qualified conservative for the job" .

You want to explain your take?

I'm saying that there are better conservative choices out there - plain and simple.

BTW, not sure, but it seems republican nominated judges have swung more votes than democrat nominated ones.
I think however, that is changing a bit, and when Ruth is gone, even more so.

Note: I wonder how much they do agree, on other matters that don’t bring the political and media fanfare?

I personally think it's a shame there has to be a partisan component at all on the Supreme Court.  This Country should be run by laws, not a left wing or right wing ideology.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 08/02/18 at 11:52:12

Dude, can’t you back up your statement?
Who is better, why?
If not, or you decline, why make it in the first place, jeez...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 08/02/18 at 12:33:33

raydawg wrote on 08/02/18 at 11:52:12:
Dude, can’t you back up your statement?
Who is better, why?
If not, or you decline, why make it in the first place, jeez...

You have to ask the right question ray.

Not to open old wounds, but Merrick Garland was far more conservative than many dems would have liked... but I know he would never have been a choice.

As to who would have been better?  Amul Thapar for one.  He may be conservative leaning, but in my opinion, seems to make his decisions base purely on the law.  
Joan Larsen for another.  She would have the least experience per se, but she's been a law professor and clerked for Scalia.  
Federico Moreno as another.  Appointed by HW Bush to Florida's Southern US District Court, he also seems to follow the law and precedent.

Of course, these are just my opinions.  I have little doubt that Kavanaugh will be on the bench.  I just hope the hearings hold him to task.  There are a couple of questionable rulings in his past.  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/02/18 at 14:04:44

Let's face it, none of us are involved in the day to day workings of legal rulings and opinions. We don't know crap about any of these people other than what someone writes about them which confirms what we wanted to hear in the first place.

As to who would have been better?  Amul Thapar for one.  He may be conservative leaning, but in my opinion, seems to make his decisions base purely on the law.  
Joan Larsen for another.  She would have the least experience per se, but she's been a law professor and clerked for Scalia.  
Federico Moreno as another.  Appointed by HW Bush to Florida's Southern US District Court, he also seems to follow the law and precedent.

Of course, these are just my opinions.  I have little doubt that Kavanaugh will be on the bench.  I just hope the hearings hold him to task.  There are a couple of questionable rulings in his past.

Are you tying to tell us you've studied the legal rulings of those three judges, before Kavanagh was appointed, in such detail you can state opinions such as Moreno for example 'seems to follow the law and precedent'?

Without looking up cases or opinions online, what rulings and opinions  have these three made in the past that impressed you? It seems to me if I was going to say Moreno 'seems to follow the law and precedent' I would have to know many cases she was involved in and read them in great detail.

Because I'm reminded when Senator Leahy was doing an interview and basically said he didn't think, from reading his previous opinions, that Clarence Thomas had the 'depth' to be on the Supreme Court. Surprisingly, the reported asked for specific opinions that Thomas authored that Leahy found lacking. Of course he couldn't name anything, it was obvious he had never read a Thomas opinion in his life.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 08/02/18 at 14:23:59

WebsterMark wrote on 08/02/18 at 14:04:44:
Let's face it, none of us are involved in the day to day workings of legal rulings and opinions. We don't know crap about any of these people other than what someone writes about them which confirms what we wanted to hear in the first place.

Are you tying to tell us you've studied the legal rulings of those three judges, before Kavanagh was appointed, in such detail you can state opinions such as Moreno for example 'seems to follow the law and precedent'?

Well mark, they were all posted when Kennedy decided to step down.  Why is that so hard to believe?

Without looking up cases or opinions online, what rulings and opinions  have these three made in the past that impressed you? It seems to me if I was going to say Moreno 'seems to follow the law and precedent' I would have to know many cases she was involved in and read them in great detail.

You would, I wouldn't.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federico_A._Moreno
you may scoff at the source, but that's on you, not me.

Because I'm reminded when Senator Leahy was doing an interview and basically said he didn't think, from reading his previous opinions, that Clarence Thomas had the 'depth' to be on the Supreme Court. Surprisingly, the reported asked for specific opinions that Thomas authored that Leahy found lacking. Of course he couldn't name anything, it was obvious he had never read a Thomas opinion in his life.

Well mark, I'm not a senator, so I guess that's a good thing.  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:39:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Honestly too smart....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.