Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
That's it, time for the thread locker (Read 64 times)
Majorfatboy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

That's it, time for the thread locker
07/17/18 at 13:34:00

I put a 22" Slipstreamer classic windscreen on My S40 no more than a few months ago. As a "removable" device, it uses four big-honkin' thumb screws to mount the windscreen's brackets to it's fork clamps. I check these thumb screws fairly regularly, as single cylinder bikes shake like all hell. The right screws are usually tight, but the left top screw tends to get a bit loose after a ride or two.

Well today, I had some lawn mowing to do. My mower is in the shed with the bike. So I pull the bike out of the way, leave it out, grab the weedeater, and actually not be a lazy screw-up for once. After the lawn was done, I put the mower away, grab the bike, and figure "Hey, let's wipe these spiderwebs off of the old girl, and do a check-over".
I get to the windscreen: "Top right thumb screw: Good. Bottom right? Good. Top left? lol, a bit loose, we'll just give that a twist. Bottom left... That's odd, I can't feel it-WHAT THE HELL!"

It would seem that during My last ride a few nights ago, which was a mere five-minute hop to the beach and back over The God-awful, cratered, busted, buckled, kidney-jarring, horror event that passes for paved roads where I live, I lost one of My big chromed thumb screws.

I'll slap a regular nut and washer on it for now, maybe I'll see if Slipstreamer would be willing to sell Me just a single thumbscrew later on when I've got the cash. The blue threadlocker is coming out now.

In the meantime, a friendly reminder to any new S40 riders: CHECK YOUR NUTS!  Shocked

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: That's it, time for the thread locker
Reply #1 - 07/17/18 at 16:32:45

Very good point, last weekend I was away with friends in a 1926 Oakland touring car, a rear axle nut came loose and we nearly lost a wheel, no lock washer. Yes check your nuts.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/18/18 at 08:11:00

Yup,.. I lost my front mudflap about a month ago...

Made a new one,... and it's got loctite on it now...  Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 07/18/18 at 15:08:58

My nuts are just fine, thank you.

Well, actually, the right one is kind of stuck in position. 

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 23:48:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › That's it, time for the thread locker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.