Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Front Wheel Removal query (Read 46 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Front Wheel Removal query
07/15/18 at 19:14:24

I was wondering if it's necessary to remove the front callipers as per the Clymer Manual. At the moment I have the axle bolt unscrewed and the calliper still attached. Not sure of the best way to remove the axle, whether to put a something in the left side axle and punch the bolt out or if I should remove the calliper before attempting that.

thx

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Front Wheel Removal query
Reply #1 - 07/15/18 at 20:02:27

No ,You don't need to remove the caliper, but I always place a piece of plastic tubing between the pads right after removing the wheel in case the  brake lever gets bumped/squeezed , If the axle is fully unscrewed ,you shouldn't need to drive it out ,just pull the top of the wheel toward you or shake it, as it will be trying to lean away from you ,and pull the axle out. Be aware the axle spacers on each side are not the same.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Front Wheel Removal query
Reply #2 - 07/17/18 at 04:03:01

thx Batperson!

That worked, I guess I was a bit spooked by the weird way the axle screws into the fork. I had to put it back and drive it to the shop as I couldn't safely carry it on my other bike. Turned out to be a tiny nail in the tire that made an even tinier hold in the tube.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 11:57:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front Wheel Removal query

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.