Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
More fun Shop Time For Meeee!ˇ!ˇ Bore Kit anyone? (Read 46 times)
skysto
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

More fun Shop Time For Meeee!ˇ!ˇ Bore Kit anyone?
07/01/18 at 21:19:28

So bought a decent bike with some miles on it, recently did the head plug fix thanks to this awesome forum, I was tightening and torquing down everything to spec, but the two long bolts that go down to the bore just kept spinning...started bike, oil went everywhere. I happened to have a 1/4” bolt of the same length in the shop dropped it down the hole with some sealant and tightened it down, we’ll see what it does tomorrow when the sealant cures, I just want to get it through the summer. I’m thinking the best fix will be to swap out the bore this winter so I can have some fresh thread holes. I found one 666cc bore kit for 300, any others out there that anyone has tried and could recommend?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: More fun Shop Time For Meeee!ˇ!ˇ Bore Kit anyo
Reply #1 - 07/02/18 at 03:43:31

The damaged threads in the cylinder can be repaired with a helicoil, and this results in the threads being stronger as they are now hardened steel rather than aluminum.

The 666cc bore kit is 95mm, and requires the cylinder to be bored.  Does the $300 price include a bored cylinder?

If your cylinder is in good shape, you can get the stock 94mm size Wiseco piston and use it without the cost of a cylinder bore.  The difference in horsepower is likely very small......the change in engine size from 652 to 666 cc is only 2%.....if your engine is 30 HP with the 94mm the 95mm will bump it up to around 30.6 HP.  (NOTE:  The biggest HP bump comes from the higher compression.....and both the 94 and 95mm Wiseco will get you that increase).

I have bumped the listing for the 94mm Wiseco to the top of the Marketplace section.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 10:15:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › More fun Shop Time For Meeee!ˇ!ˇ Bore Kit anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.