Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please recommend quality large mirrors. (Read 48 times)
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Please recommend quality large mirrors.
06/28/18 at 20:53:23

I purchased a set of large mirrors from Ebay to replace stock ones for safety reasons, but they are vibrating quite a bit and its difficult to make out what I'm seeing in the mirrors. Is there a set of quality ones?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Please recommend quality large mirrors.
Reply #1 - 06/29/18 at 04:56:04

You said large morrors but did not mention the length of the stem.  If it is a long stemmed mirror and the stem is a narrow piece then that will definitely cause vibration issues.  A large mirror on a short stem will work better.  The larger the stem the more solid the mount.
But there is another issue, the type and length of your risers and also the length of your bars, and also whether your bars are hollow or filled with BB’s or lead.  A “filed” bar will do much better for vibration.

Spending more dollars on quality mirrors can make a big difference too.

IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Re: Please recommend quality large mirrors.
Reply #2 - 06/29/18 at 06:46:18

On any bike I've owned, I only use 1 mirror mounted on the left side ( the Wild One only used one )  On a rectangle type you can attach a strip of wheel weights to the back and paint the back black. Most of the cheaper mirrors have no name stamped on, so it's hard to pick what brand. A clamp on type usually has a rubber insulator , or you can make one with a piece of inner tube. Sometimes it' just luck. Lancer gave very good advice .

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 01:38:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Please recommend quality large mirrors.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.