Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Rosy you're alright, you wear my ring" (Read 25 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

"Rosy you're alright, you wear my ring"
05/30/18 at 05:30:18

Someone's gotta start a thread about the Roseanne cancellation, might as well be me.

I've read over and over "The Roseanne" demographic is why Trump won. Mostly Democratic, this group went for Trump in those key states and swung the election.

True? Maybe. Seems logical to me. Fits what I observed before the election. Traditionally Dem voters siding with someone who previously was classified as a liberal New Yorker.

I watched the new Roseanne. It wasn't Last Man Standing, which Ive only read about and never watched. Roseanne on this show had a cross-dressing tranny-to-be grandson, single liberal daughter, environmentalist treee hugging son in law....  All these were presented as acceptable, normal lifestyles. Illegal immigration was "tackled" but again in a non-judgmental way.

It was not a conservative show. It was a show, strictly  from a political point of view, about a family who didn't feel connected to Hilary and the Democrats. Trump's in your face attitude. especially towards the dominant liberal media, fit in better. Ironically, millionaire born, billionaire now Manhatten Trump fits better with the Roseanne demographics than middleclass, Illinois Hilary.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: "Rosy you're alright, you wear my ring"
Reply #1 - 05/30/18 at 06:31:30

It is an interesting demographic, that the lower middle class 20-30htou a year population has gone Republican, given it is the business owners who are the backbone of the Repub party.  I think you are right, that the show portrayed all the stereotypes that Trump has bullied in his political power building - but I am not sure about the non judgemental part.  Rosy was the core and spokesperson and she seemed to bully the others - she is right and they are wrong; the other characters are almost all simply ill thought out responses to her.  And her love as portrayed was, to me, simply manipulative efforts of a control freak; not the all forgiving righteous love of the God (ess).  Did enjoy the show though.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: "Rosy you're alright, you wear my ring"
Reply #2 - 05/30/18 at 08:43:31

Never watched either one.
Trump bullied as he marched to POWAH..

GOD the pain..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 03:28:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › "Rosy you're alright, you wear my ring"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.