DNA (Read 52 times)
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
DNA
05/20/18 at 06:45:36

Paper this Sunday am had an interesting article on DNA, privacy and the Californication serial killer.  As the data bases grow and more and more connect the familial dots happen;think of the legal implications.
(1) All the girls who get pregnant can (or perhaps as a condition for child support HAVE to submit a DNA sample of them and their child) which the law can then trace back to the guy.  Then, without trial, he can be made to provide up to half his income as child support.
(2)  DNA at a robbery scene collected is "proved" to be yours, yet you were not at that store at that time, but the day before but can't prove it.
(3) and from another article, the real humans unmixed with Neaderthal DNA come from southern Africa; so the white supremacist are arguing Neaderthal is better than human.  Gotta love the life. Grin

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: DNA
Reply #1 - 05/22/18 at 16:39:05

"Then, without trial, he can be made to provide up to half his income as child support"

Is it saying that due to DNA that the father is having his right to trial suspended?  If so that's a huge hit on Constitutional rights.

"DNA at a robbery scene collected is "proved" to be yours, yet you were not at that store at that time, but the day before but can't prove it"

Is it saying that the defense now has the burden of proof instead of the prosecution?  As it stands now the prosecution would have to create a direct nexus and motive towards the accused as a store would have many DNA samples collected.  It sounds like DNA would essentially reverse the US legal system.

"

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 05/22/18 at 19:19:23

Quote:
 "Then, without trial, he can be made to provide up to half his income as child support"

That would sure suck for some poor schlub who sold a load to a sperm bank for beer and weed money.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 05/23/18 at 05:20:30

Well, presumably the sperm bank would have records (perhaps even video Grin) of his donation.  But yes, you have to wonder if "science" will rewrite our legal system.  

OH, in a side note, it was presented at a seminar that a baby was started in a "plastic bag" so in theory we may well, within the decade, have children created, and brought to full birth without causing all that inconvenient pregnancy bother.  Imagine, your fav actress can now have her baby without having to lose any acting time. Huh

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 05/23/18 at 07:12:47

I read a news story a year or so ago about a guy who ran a sperm bank someplace who got busted because he had a bunch of phony donor profiles in his database. When a customer picked one of those bogus donors she wound up getting the sperm bank owner's little swimmers.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 05/23/18 at 07:15:16

n a side note, it was presented at a seminar that a baby was started in a "plastic bag" so in theory we may well, within the decade, have children created, and brought to full birth without causing all that inconvenient pregnancy bother.

And how long until someone creates a child that way using harvested eggs and sperm to build a soldier?
That's a disturbing bit of news.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #6 - 05/23/18 at 09:42:50

Yes, but hen they will be genetically engineered soldiers I suspect, or at least bred for certain attributes.  hmmm.

Or as " real" versus "clones" as in the Island, which by the way, was a good read - the movie almost as good.

The future will come and I hope we do well with it. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 05/23/18 at 10:57:04

“…creates a child that way using harvested eggs and sperm to build a soldier…”

I don’t think so,  by the time, that this society is so advanced to be able to do that.

Robots, with A.I, will be built.

And they will be called,  ‘Cylons’

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 05/23/18 at 11:10:24

Siri/Alexis,  Please look up, ‘Cylons’.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 19:31:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › DNA

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.