Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New S40 owner, new problem, main fuse is blowing (Read 68 times)
mikeh
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New S40 owner, new problem, main fuse is blowing
05/17/18 at 16:55:31

Well, went to start the bike and nothing. No lights, nothing. I checked the fuse block and the bottom fuse was blown. Went to put in a new fuse and pop, it blows as soon as you touch the fuse to the block. Put a volt meter between the connections and I have 12.8 volts, turn the key to on and I have 13.2 volts. The only thing I can think of leading up to this was I had the rear wheel up, trying to figure out the noise the bike is making , which seems to be the slack in the front pulley, and I used the kill switch to stop the bike as I was balancing it and could not get to the key. Anyone experience this problem. And should there be slack in the front pulley?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: New S40 owner, new problem, main fuse is blowi
Reply #1 - 05/18/18 at 11:31:26

first ,there should be no slack BETWEEN the pulley and the shaft( the shaft will wiggle a small amount) , if you have movement between the pulley and shaft you should remove the pulley and check that the teeth on the pulley and the main shaft are square ,and not worn to a point. If they show wear you have a problem ,if not the nut holding the pulley should be torqued to 100-130Nm or 73-94ft/lbs before bending over one side of the washer that keeps the nut from backing off.
 second, the key should never be turned on for any length of time without the bike running, If you used the kill switch to stop the bike and then turned the switch back on,  the key being on would send power to the ignition module which can overheat and destroy it  ,you could unplug the module and try a new fuse to check if that 's your (expensive to replace ) problem. If the fuse blows your problem is a dead short ,and elsewhere.(and you got lucky). In the future if you need to check anything electrical, with the key on, unplug the module to protect it from damage.

« Last Edit: 05/18/18 at 17:34:01 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #2 - 05/18/18 at 23:23:01

@batman, just for my own reference where exactly is the plug to unplug for the ignition module.

thx

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 05/19/18 at 07:54:48

It's behind the left side cover , the module is the small black box ,and the plug is a six wire, and directly  inserted into it .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 04:15:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New S40 owner, new problem, main fuse is blowing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.