Send Topic Print
OEM Parts (Read 82 times)
Ossk8r
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

OEM Parts
05/12/18 at 17:43:30

Long time reader , short time rider and first question .
Looking for a reputable source for online OEM Parts.

Read this site for about a year before purchasing my first bike a 2009 S40 having a blast riding ! Thanks to all on this site the information has been so helpful.

IP Logged
AlexW

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Durham, NC
Re: OEM Parts
Reply #1 - 05/12/18 at 18:06:46

Are you in the US? There's a bunch of places that are all essentially the same (even down to having the same interface and store layout). Bikebandit is fine, Babbitts Online is fine, on any of them you'll enter your model year and model, then it'll give you a set of exploded parts diagrams. Click through to find the parts in the section. They all have slightly different pricing and shipping costs.

In my experience, Bikebandit and Babbitts ship fastest (I think they keep things actually in stock), other places I've found slightly lower prices but waited a week for them to ship, making me suspect they order things in from Suzuki as they're ordered, so you have to wait for them to receive them and then reship them to you.

The diagrams will also give you the part numbers. If you only need one or two smallish things, it's worth putting the parts #s into ebay and seeing what you find. You can often find manufacturer-packaged stock parts on there with free or cheaper shipping. If the photos show sealed, Suzuki-branded packaging, it's usually legit.

Also check the marketplace here when you need things. Sometimes, someone will happen to be selling a used but functional option of the part you need probably a lot cheaper than a new replacement.  

Oh, lastly, if you're placing an order with one of the stock suppliers and you're closing in on the free shipping threshold (usually $100), there'll always be some extras that you'll need some time that you can use to tip you over. I like to have spares of some of the common and/or weird gaskets on-hand just in case I need them in a hurry (clutch-cover gasket, oil filter o-rings, that kind of thing). I'm sure others will have suggestions of other spares it worth picking up if you're ever in that "if I spend $8 more, I get free shipping and save $12" situation.

Oh, and happy riding! This bike is a real fun one to take apart. You'll have a blast.

2012 (orange) • Dyna muffler/Oldfeller air filter • 152.5/52.5, ~2/3 spacer removed • Raptor petcock; Progressive 12" shocks.
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #2 - 05/12/18 at 19:03:09

Bike bandit also gives discounts to AMA members.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 05/12/18 at 19:51:09

suzukipartsmonster.com

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 05/12/18 at 19:53:32

Yeah what he said

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
sandmanred

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/13/18 at 05:21:56

I found Partzilla to be the cheapest but the slowest to ship.  I usually use BikeBandit or Rockymountainatvmc

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 05/13/18 at 08:33:09

Most of the big places don't keep the parts in their inventory - when you place your order they order it from the OEM parts warehouse.  They may stock filters and oil products - but bike specific parts are not in stock.

Tires are shipped from the closest warehouse to you - and every now and then the rear tire won't be shipped from the same place as the front tire.  (I once had a 5 year old front tire shipped to me......the seller immediately had a fresher one sent to me from a different warehouse as soon as I contacted them to complain.....the warehouse folks don't check dates on tires, and they are perfectly happy to sell you an old tire in their warehouse).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #7 - 05/13/18 at 17:13:27

Ron Ayers.  is another site. the exploded views are handy if you'can't remember how the parts go back together, like axle spacers on the front and rear wheels ,for example.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 06:18:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › OEM Parts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.