Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fuses (Read 40 times)
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Fuses
04/27/18 at 19:52:56

I have a 2002 Savage. 12,000 miles. Bone stock! Only upgrade is the petcock. I grew up on a farm and am used to fixing broken stuff. Electrical background. Don't want to just tear it apart to find the fuse holder. I've got the seat off already and fuse location is not readily recognizable to me.

Bike been setting all winter. Put new battery in this spring and I have no lights whatever. No headlight, neutral light, no tail light; notta- nothing! Doesn't matter what position the key is in. Battery is new and fully charged; battery contacts all clean.
I would think it would be one of the fuses; they should be under the seat. However, I cannot locate the fuse holder.

What does the fuse holder look like on these bike? Blade fuse and holder? Relay type. Glass cylinder fuses? Manual doesn't say from what I could see.
Gus

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: Fuses
Reply #1 - 04/27/18 at 20:43:28

I too would like to know where the fuse is. I can say though that there is a spare blade fuse under the tool cover. So it's a blade fuse.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #2 - 04/27/18 at 20:44:53

The fuse holder is located on the right side of the bike under the seat, outside of the frame tubes in a little rubber housing. Two fuses, 20 amps each. You will find them if you keep looking.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #3 - 04/27/18 at 20:53:41

I just pulled the seat on my bike. It is where I said, it is a white plastic plug held in place by a piece of rubber. Two fuses inside.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #4 - 04/27/18 at 22:04:03

If the fuses are good , you might try checking the battery ground wire at the motor . It is under a bolt head about two inches above the oil sight glass window and about two inches in toward the center of the motor, make sure it's clean and tight. the bike uses two of the newer blade type ,both 20 amp.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #5 - 04/28/18 at 06:01:26

I seen that little black rubber housing last night. It was about dark so didn't investigate further.
Also ill have to check the engine ground.too. Just because I can.
Thanks guys,
Gus

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 00:34:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fuses

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.