Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ryca exhaust adapter question (Read 64 times)
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Ryca exhaust adapter question
04/18/18 at 11:07:37

So I got tired of cleaning off my rear brake arm and bought the Ryca exhaust adapter to see if I can get my Dyna muff to blow soot elsewhere.

When I receievd it I was a bit disappointed in the fact that the chrome plate was not the greatest (obvious where they hadn't buffed it out at the seam).

I contacted Ryca and they were kind enough to either replace it, refund me or take 25 bux off the price. I choose the last option figuring I can cover it with a heat shield and be done.

I removed the existing muffler and header and cut down the header the required amount to slide the adapter on but now it appears as though I need to bump the inside diameter of the muffler (btw, I have a couple different types) to allow it to slide over the adapter...it just needs a little bump out to slide over the adapter...

Even then the rear muffler bracket seems slightly off...just bend it to suit the new angle?

What have others done to accomplish this?
Sand the inside of the muffler to clear (Like maybe a flap wheel)?
Take it to a muffler shop and have them do it (at what cost?).
I've even thought I might get one of those loaner pipe expanders at the local AutoZone to see if that would work but they have pretty mixed reviews.

Any input is welcome...thx

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Ryca exhaust adapter question
Reply #1 - 04/18/18 at 12:32:51

Flapper wheel , just do a little and check it till it fits snug. Flapper wheels can remove a lot real fast so go slow !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 04/18/18 at 17:22:42

If the muffler is used.....look and see if the slots are parallel - sometimes a previous clamping episode has squeezed the slots together.  You can open the slots back up a bit by inserting a screwdriver and prying/twisting.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #3 - 04/18/18 at 20:07:12

Then again ,you could have saved a lot of money by loosening the two bolts at the head , allowing you to swing/spin the entire exhaust  system out a bit at the bottom,(enough to clear the exhaust from hitting the brake arm) and spaced out the front guard and muffler mount to match.Or one might think about simply bending the brake arm in toward the center of the bike ,it is after all controlled by a flexible cable.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Bubba
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 04/19/18 at 07:02:36

Thanks for the input. I used the flapper wheel and also bent the tabs out a smidge...gently tapped the adapter into the muffler and then slathered the header end with exhaust sealant...no leaks!

Previously I had a DynaPower muffler on there and then went to a regular old Dyna takeoff.

I don't think any amount of wiggling the header/muffler/brake arm would have cleared before...my brake arm was always black until I cleaned it...then it would get black...then I'd clean it...you get the idea

I did notice that once the header end was cut down then the amount of play you can get w/o using the adapter allowed you to get a bit more wiggle room for adjusting the direction of the exhaust plume. I had the whole header loosened previously (w/o the adapter) but no amount of tinkering would get it to clear completely.

Thanks again for the advice!

'06 lt Blue, Dyna Power pipe, air screw 2 1/4 turns, 52.5 pilot w/ bleed holes, 150 Main, 2/3 spacer, Pirelli MT66 tires, Raptor petcock, 412-4006 Progressive shocks
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 14:19:26

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ryca exhaust adapter question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.