Front brake? (Read 78 times)
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Front brake?
04/05/18 at 14:47:20

I have a question. What are the preferred brake pads? My bike will need new ones soon. The stock Suzuki pads have done pretty well.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Front brake?
Reply #1 - 04/05/18 at 15:29:46

I prefer "X" brand organic used to be kevlar but they don't use that name anymore due to trade marks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Brake-Pads-Suzuki-LS650-LS-650-Savage-NP41A-87...

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 04/06/18 at 04:04:51

I like the EBC organic - part number FA106.  They stop well, don't wear too fast, are easy on the disc, and they don't squeal like the stock pads do.

(Be careful not to order the EBC FA106TT that are red, as they are really made for dirt bikes and muddy conditions, and they make for a very hard lever squeeze and mediocre stopping power).

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1359036098/5

« Last Edit: 04/07/18 at 04:36:24 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #3 - 04/06/18 at 17:35:11

Thanks for the reply's gentlemen. Clearly organic is the way to go.

I have a little while yet since there is some brake pad left. Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #4 - 04/07/18 at 08:46:19

Organics for me too.  Bike had the factory pads when I bought it with 2800 miles and they squealed like a psychotic pig with Tourette syndrome getting poked in they eye with an ice pick dipped in lime juice.

Put the organic EBC's on and got 6K on them.  Next sets got 4300 and 3300 miles.  Maybe I'm riding more aggressively?  I do lightly sand the rotor with each pad change to be sure I get any metal bits or contaminants off before the new pads touch them.

The last set was during a Summer of many trips through the Colorado Rockies so that could have contributed.  As easy and cheap as they are to replace, it's fine with me!

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/07/18 at 09:39:50

2800 miles and they squealed like a psychotic pig with Tourette syndrome getting poked in they eye with an ice pick dipped in lime juice.

The pig has Ample justification for squealing without Any kinda psyche issues. A perfectly sane, rational and socially well adjusted pig would be making all the noise it could manage.
Though you do create a word picture that anyone can understand. Very nice job.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 01:48:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front brake?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.