Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cheaper front suspension upgrade? (Read 337 times)
kojones

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Finland
Re: Cheaper front suspension upgrade?
Reply #15 - 06/11/18 at 23:30:58

I still haven’t found a pothole that would bottom out the suspension, the forks feel excellent. The roads in Finland are in quite bad condition this year, but I feel very confident on the twisties. My friends don’t  Grin

On loose gravel the front feels a bit light, I think that dropping the forks two inches would help with this, more weight to the front. But I don’t want to change to clip-ons or reduce the travel, so I think I’ll just have to get used to it.

IP Logged
kojones

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Finland
Reply #16 - 07/01/18 at 13:36:25

I realised that the springs can be cut to achieve a higher spring rate. When these Kawasaki springs are cut to Racetech spring length of 377 mm their rate will be 0,73 kg/mm. And with the Savages limited travel they can be cut even more.

Sold my Savage and bought an airhead BMW, going to use these same springs and fork valves in it.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/02/18 at 05:58:50

kojones wrote on 06/11/18 at 23:30:58:
I still haven’t found a pothole that would bottom out the suspension, the forks feel excellent. The roads in Finland are in quite bad condition this year, but I feel very confident on the twisties. My friends don’t  Grin

On loose gravel the front feels a bit light, I think that dropping the forks two inches would help with this, more weight to the front. But I don’t want to change to clip-ons or reduce the travel, so I think I’ll just have to get used to it.
-------------------------------------------------

Sorry to hear you sold the Savage have fun with the BMW.

As for lowering forks without reducing travel...  There other ways to do that...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:32:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Cheaper front suspension upgrade?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.