Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
good news if you live in oklahoma... (Read 57 times)
Chip 2010
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

good news if you live in oklahoma...
03/25/18 at 12:28:03

the value of suzuki ls650s is going up.  Or maybe it's always been high and is staying that way.    I went to the tag agency a few days ago to get my bikes plated for the first time in Oklahoma.  The first bike I took in was my 1300 VTX.  65.00- ok, I could handle that.  No big deal.  Brought my 08 s40 in next and was surprised when the woman asked me for 85.00.  I asked her "why would the s40 be 85 when the vtx was 65?".  She replied "because it's a more expensive and valuable bike".  So then I asked her "what crazy make believe world sold single cylinder suzuki S40s for more than honda 1300 Vtwins?"...  It didn't get any better from that point, and the price didn't go down.  But the good news is that In Oklahoma your savage/ls650/S40 might actually appreciate in value the longer you own and ride it!

IP Logged
JLC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Black Forest, Colorado
Re: good news if you live in oklahoma...
Reply #1 - 03/25/18 at 15:16:56

That's just the local DMV making money. When I got my 2007 Harley Sportster 883 titled and plated in August 2017, the DMV valued my Sportster at $6500.  There was no way my Harley was worth that much at the time, full retail price from a dealer according to KBB was $4025.

IP Logged
Chip 2010
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 03/25/18 at 15:57:01

oh, I know it is, but logically...   smh.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 03/26/18 at 03:10:13

The Kentucky DMV uses the NADA guide to determine the value of the car/truck/motorcycle.  When you buy something used it is kind of tough to get KY to adjust that value if you happened to get a good deal.

When I bought my Honda ST1100 I had the Craigslist ad that showed the asking price of $3,500, I had a hand written Purchase Agreement that showed the sale price of $3,500.....and the back of the Ohio Title showed the sale price at $3,500 and our signatures were notarized.  KY would not accept any of that.......I would have to go back and have the seller fill out the "Official" form - or I would have to pay their price and pay about $40 additional in taxes.  It wasn't worth the 2 hour round trip and trouble to go get the previous owner's notarized signature.

The Public Works Director owns a Chevy Colorado pickup - and his assessment keeps going up every year....evidently new trucks are so expensive that the used ones are selling very well.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 19:20:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › good news if you live in oklahoma...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.