Rev Limiter (Read 88 times)
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Rev Limiter
03/25/18 at 01:56:11

I saw a post regarding rev limiters on the stock ignition?  There did not seem to be a conclusive resolution.  Is there a rev limiter incorporated into the stock ignition.  What RPM is it set to?

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Rev Limiter
Reply #1 - 03/25/18 at 04:08:48

There is no rev limiter that functions.....although one might be built into the system and used on another application - if it does exist you won't get to those rpm with the Savage engine.

Generally the Savage engine runs out of power as the RPM climbs - the engine just stops pulling and it is time to shift gears.  You can easily feel the power falling off when you get up around 6,000 rpm....a modified engine might pull a few more rpm - but it still is not an engine that makes power much above 6,500 rpm.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #2 - 03/25/18 at 12:35:00

I guess the rev limiter is that exhaust port you were discussing in my drag strip post.  I was curious about the rev limiter because I don't want this thing hurt when I put it on a dyno.  I guess it should be safe to shut down when we reach 6500.  Thanks for the info.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 03/25/18 at 15:22:41

No rev limiter per se.   The key seems to be the head work.. I use 7k as a redline, but I had a brain fade recently and saw the wrong side of 8K on the tac for a fraction of a second  in 2nd gear with out ill effect .....  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #4 - 03/26/18 at 01:26:02

old.indian wrote on 03/25/18 at 15:22:41:
No rev limiter per se.   The key seems to be the head work.. I use 7k as a redline, but I had a brain fade recently and saw the wrong side of 8K on the tac for a fraction of a second  in 2nd gear with out ill effect .....  

Shocked

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/26/18 at 22:41:51

When I hear
Rev Limiter
I always think
Rod poking out
That's gonna limit them

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 05:24:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rev Limiter

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.