Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Almost dumped my bike in the garage (Read 74 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Almost dumped my bike in the garage
03/17/18 at 20:31:18

I just finished changing the brake disc and pads. Not particularly difficult though a bit messy. As I was pushing the bike forward to roll off of the homemade stand, I was on the left side of the bike, I began to lose my balance and almost dumped it to the right and I would have ended up on top of it. That was close. I somehow managed to pull it back. I normally ask my son or a neighbor for  help at that point just to make sure I do not dump it. But my son is not here and at 10 pm I am not going to bother my neighbor.

Anyway, rode it up and down the block a couple of times and gave the brake a good dozen or so tries. Sure hope it grabs better after a few miles.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Almost dumped my bike in the garage
Reply #1 - 03/17/18 at 22:09:31

That's why I need to sell the 560# bike and keep the 360# bike  Wink

I gave the Harley a little cleaning today ... sort-of ... Chair sitting beside it and getting some of the warm weather we had today.  

Its almost warm enought to hang a for sale sign on it and park it out by the main road .

Glad you kept your up on the wheels today .  Smiley

« Last Edit: 03/21/18 at 21:56:13 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 03/18/18 at 03:38:51

Yep.......I have had a few "almost" versions of that same experience when pushing a bike around.

Loading a large bike on a trailer is always a scary event for me.  (Except when I had the 165 pound trials bike).  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 03/18/18 at 07:54:01

13 1/2 demerits for dumping your bike in your own garage; you barely squeaked by. 😁🏍

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #4 - 03/18/18 at 12:51:49

Yeah, I couldn't admit I dropped the bike in the garage...
I'd call the cops and report an aborted theft.  Cool

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 03/18/18 at 13:07:42

Yeah, it actually happened like Papa Bear said. Grin

Oh well. Front brake has now been bled and has nice clean bake fluid in it.  Clutch cable has been lubed and adjusted and wow I cannot believe the difference. I think I will order a petcock and when it comes in I'll take advantage to put in my DIY foam air filter and clean and rejet the carb.

I have a question. I have refrained from doing the carb rejet thus far even though I am running an HD muffler. I seem to have pretty good performance though I get alot of popping on decel. I wound it out yesterday and got to about 88 mph and feel I might have hit 90 if I would have kept it in 4th gear. I really do not know what mpg I am getting right now. My question is will rejetting and foam filter make any difference in performance or possibly just lower my mpg?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #6 - 03/18/18 at 13:39:46

Springman, I swapped to a Dyna muffler last summer - then I re-jetted. By my Newbie assessment, re-jetting gave the bike a little more pull. I'm still running the stock air-filter.

However, I was more interested in tuning out the lean carb setup the stock bike comes with. I enrichened the fuel mix passed the optimum spot, and then back a touch. Overall it just feels more ... tuned!

The biggest difference I noticed though, was the bike runs cooler.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #7 - 03/18/18 at 14:56:01

Thanks IslandRoad. I'll report back when I make the changes.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 03/18/18 at 17:26:44

for my take on it, most of those that have gone too far on the white spacer mod are the ones that loose the most mileage.

An unmodified dyna has about the same backpressure as a stock muff.

If you do a foam filter in the stock air box then there shouldn't be much change.

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 03/18/18 at 18:11:23

Thanks Versy. That is exactly what I was thinking of doing.

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 03/18/18 at 23:28:41

I dropped my gs in the garage. Pulled in, flicked the kickstand down and got off all in one nice smooth motion. Except that I missed the kickstand doh!

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:41:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Almost dumped my bike in the garage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.