Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How do you measure energy...???? (Read 192 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: How do you measure energy...????
Reply #30 - 03/07/18 at 07:31:24

Dave wrote on 03/07/18 at 04:56:45:
IslandRoad wrote on 03/06/18 at 11:03:19:
I think you're talking about Thermodynamics - and knowing how to spell it is about as much as I know  Cool

Thermodynamics was my most challenging course in college....it seemed really abstract.  Pretty weird I made an "A" in Heat Transfer and barely passed Thermo - on the surface they seem pretty similar.....but the concepts of Enthalpy and Entropy still have me baffled.

I am however satisfied that with a few simple mechanical changes....I can get a 30HP Savage up closer to 40 HP! Smiley

ah, a man who knows the key to life  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 03/07/18 at 09:39:11

eau de sauvage wrote on 03/06/18 at 20:07:17:
Realistically the human species will perish on Earth, don't take Star Trek too seriously.

I don't know about that.  There are still things we're learning about our universe that could lead to inter-dimensional and FTL travel.

Realistically, it's not going to happen within our lifetimes - but you never know.
Wink

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #32 - 03/10/18 at 21:52:32

Atomic rockets ? think about how we got to the moon. Did we have rockets firing all the way? No! we slingshot around the earth to pick up speed and coast until we got there. How much more speed could you build but by circling  bodies of greater mass like our sun or the stars ? what is there to slow you down in the  vacuum of space. The biggest problem would be our bodies ability to withstand the G forces involved.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #33 - 03/11/18 at 09:56:33

batman wrote on 03/10/18 at 21:52:32:
Atomic rockets ? think about how we got to the moon. Did we have rockets firing all the way? No! we slingshot around the earth to pick up speed and coast until we got there. How much more speed could you build but by circling  bodies of greater mass like our sun or the stars ? what is there to slow you down in the  vacuum of space. The biggest problem would be our bodies ability to withstand the G forces involved.

We “revert” back to seed, reverse aging, and upon arrival of destination, through preprogrammed technology, reassemble ourself.
All of who we are can be found in our seed.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #34 - 03/11/18 at 10:56:17

raydawg wrote on 03/11/18 at 09:56:33:

We “revert” back to seed, reverse aging, and upon arrival of destination, through preprogrammed technology, reassemble ourself.

Where are you going to get "The Spark of Life" to restart your seed ?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #35 - 03/11/18 at 11:10:13

Raydawg , the problem with this planet is humans, we are well on our way to destroying it . I would hate to thing that we would ever have the technology to export mankind anywhere else in the universe.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 03/12/18 at 11:41:57

We need a technology that allows us to not pollute by using the Other technologies.
As horrible as plastic is, I worry about the nuclear messes. How many deaths are caused by cancer that is caused by it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #37 - 03/12/18 at 11:52:56

LANCER wrote on 03/11/18 at 10:56:17:
raydawg wrote on 03/11/18 at 09:56:33:

Where are you going to get "The Spark of Life" to restart your seed ?

The spark of CREATED life  Wink

Yes, I believe what we will find at the end of this journey is that we are created/designed.
Now, we can argue other by who?  Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #38 - 03/12/18 at 22:13:26

This has gone into the religion relm of the TT.

I can move this there for you or split it.

or you can return to the original topic.

WWW   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #39 - 03/13/18 at 11:56:51

The  most common sources of energy in the universe would be gravity , magnetism and solar energy. how we could use them separately or in combination is sometime I'm not smart enough to know, but magnetism is interesting from the point that if you place two magnets together with like poles facing they repel from each other . What is the amount of energy you added to cause this movement? zero! now imagine one to be a planet  (iron core-low gravity) and the other to be a spaceship , that harnessed solar/atomic / or yet unknown source of power,  to induce a magnetic field in it's hull.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #40 - 03/13/18 at 15:39:06

verslagen1 wrote on 03/12/18 at 22:13:26:
This has gone into the religion relm of the TT.

I can move this there for you or split it.

or you can return to the original topic.

THAT'S IT..... you split an atom  Grin

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #41 - 03/13/18 at 17:24:33

batman wrote on 03/13/18 at 11:56:51:
The  most common sources of energy in the universe would be gravity , magnetism and solar energy. how we could use them separately or in combination is sometime I'm not smart enough to know, but magnetism is interesting from the point that if you place two magnets together with like poles facing they repel from each other . What is the amount of energy you added to cause this movement? zero! now imagine one to be a planet  (iron core-low gravity) and the other to be a spaceship , that harnessed solar/atomic / or yet unknown source of power,  to induce a magnetic field in it's hull.

I think you added ALOT of energy when you forced the poles together - like compressing a spring.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #42 - 03/13/18 at 18:54:46

Islandroad , Your right ! I hadn't considered that. But I still magnetism could be used as a propellant , think  Railgun. The Navy has tested one that launches a projectile at Mach-5. On an other note sometime in 2018 there is to be a probe launched that will circle the sun, it is said to achieve a speed of 120 miles/per second , or 432,000 mph.(the fastest man made object in history).

« Last Edit: 03/14/18 at 06:34:38 by batman »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:28:58

General CategoryThe Cafe › How do you measure energy...????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.