Con-flict Of Interest (Read 27 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Con-flict Of Interest
02/23/18 at 12:38:35

So, what say you conservatives?

You think this is OK?  (oh yeah, he's "technically" been off the board for 2 years - but you honestly think he's playing fair?)

C'mon.....

“David Zatezalo, President Trump’s top official for mining safety, is set to decide over the next two weeks whether to settle a mining-safety lawsuit filed by an industry group that included Zatezalo at the time. The Mine Safety and Health Administration told TYT that MSHA lawyers have cleared Zatezalo to decide the matter.

The lawsuit was filed in March 2013 by the Kentucky Coal Association, opposing the Obama Administration’s use of a mine-safety rule known as POV, or Pattern of Violations. POV accelerates the penalty process for mining companies that repeatedly violate safety rules. Zatezalo, now the assistant secretary of mine health and safety, served on the Kentucky Coal Association board of directors through 2014.

As has been previously reported, through late 2014 Zatezalo was also chairman of Rhino Resource Partners, a mining company which twice ran afoul of POV during his tenure there. Rhino’s current CEO, Rick Boone, served as an executive under Zatezalo, and now sits on the Kentucky Coal Association executive committee.

The lawsuit filed by the Kentucky Coal Association was combined by a judge with other suits challenging the government’s use of the POV rule against repeat offenders. (Zatezalo also sat on the board of the Ohio Coal Association prior to its participation in the lawsuit.) The court has now given MSHA until March 9 to decide whether to settle the suit by rolling back its use of the POV rule.”

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Con-flict Of Interest
Reply #1 - 02/23/18 at 14:19:11

If a corporation cuts corners and people suffer, they need to fine And Jail the upper management who allowed it.
The injured parties and their families need to be Well compensated.

If that guy is affected by the ruling, certainly that's a glaring conflict of interest. Anyone who has stocks or related to someone who has stocks shouldn't be making decisions about slapping the company.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/23/18 at 14:29:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/23/18 at 14:19:11:
If a corporation cuts corners and people suffer, they need to fine And Jail the upper management who allowed it.
The injured parties and their families need to be Well compensated.

If that guy is affected by the ruling, certainly that's a glaring conflict of interest. Anyone who has stocks or related to someone who has stocks shouldn't be making decisions about slapping the company.

and yet...  here's Trump's boy!  

and sorry about the whataboutism I'm doing here:  what about Trump himself? with his business interests? his family's business interests? Kushner? Ivanka getting clearance in China for some product there.... ???

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/23/18 at 15:10:11

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 14:29:57:
and yet...  here's Trump's boy!  

and sorry about the whataboutism I'm doing here:  what about Trump himself? with his business interests? his family's business interests? Kushner? Ivanka getting clearance in China for some product there.... ???

As I've been saying from the start... could you imagine the fury from the conservatives if Obama had as many conflicts of interest and rampant nepotism in his administration?

Staggering hypocrisy and the dumb-a$$ democrats just let it slide....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 02/23/18 at 15:29:18

Wow,,
It's pointless.

How about you
Offer examples.
I don't know hoot about her and China.
Apparently it's horrible.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/23/18 at 17:23:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/23/18 at 15:29:18:
Wow,,
It's pointless.

How about you
Offer examples.
I don't know hoot about her and China.
Apparently it's horrible.

it's not horrible quit overacting. but it is apparent.

of course you don't know hoot about it cause your sources only give you one side, but you won't look elsewhere, oh no, cant' trust them "lefty" sites.

to not hijack this thread I'll start a new one, maybe, but not tonight, I"m done here with you all for tonight.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 06:50:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Con-flict Of Interest

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.