Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
More Fake News From GP - No Surprise (Read 309 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: More Fake News From GP - No Surprise
Reply #30 - 02/22/18 at 14:25:39

You can call it bs, or whatever.....
I was not assigning any value to it.
I guess you can argue the past, at the cost of the moment, and deny the future, of possible repair.
That seems to be the way DC and politics work, but too, that seems to be the complaint, yet.......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 02/22/18 at 15:03:16

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/22/18 at 14:22:10:
you get that from your NRA newsletter?

there have been a bunch of different proposals from all over the left, for DECADES, sometimes they were willing to work with the republicans and they could have added things to address your concerns of "lack of due process"  

and I'm not sitting through all those videos of NRA propaganda, find a proposal he drew up, present that.

I googled "LaPierre says he's brought up the Background check "   and a bunch of stuff came up saying that what you say can't be true.

That was in yahoo news, I don't get a news letter.

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLTMkg1RLW0

WWW   IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 02/23/18 at 10:16:53

verslagen1 wrote on 02/22/18 at 15:03:16:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/22/18 at 14:22:10:
you get that from your NRA newsletter?

there have been a bunch of different proposals from all over the left, for DECADES, sometimes they were willing to work with the republicans and they could have added things to address your concerns of "lack of due process"  

and I'm not sitting through all those videos of NRA propaganda, find a proposal he drew up, present that.

I googled "LaPierre says he's brought up the Background check "   and a bunch of stuff came up saying that what you say can't be true.

That was in yahoo news, I don't get a news letter.

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLTMkg1RLW0

first, it's not fair to make me refute a 4 minute video put together by the spin masters that are the NRA. but, I'll give it a shot, this going to be LONG one so, I hope you actually read through it, and reply to IT, instead of just going to your talking points as you usually fall back on.

First, I find it highly questionable that the same organization the consistently rails against ANY regulations even delaying a purchase of ANY firearm is saying that they are for background checks. But I"ll take that with a grain of salt since that's what they are saying here, (personally I don't believe the NRA cares one way or another who sends them money, criminals or law abiding citizens, do they have background checks on their memberships???  

so, now to go LINE BY LINE through this video: (the green is the video)

here's what the media won't tell you the NRA has fought for 20 years to put the records of those adjudicated mentally incompetent into the National instant check system and until the politicians demand that they are submitted killers who are legally prohibited from owning firearms will walk into gun stores and pass every background check they take

it's not the media's job to spin for the NRA. that's like saying  the NRA hasn't told it's members that the media has donated this that and this to this charity or something. The media reports on IN THE MOMENT issues, not the agenda of an organization, sometimes commentators might mention that on a talking head show, but that up THAT INDIVIDUAL commentator, not the "media" as whole, oh, and Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and  EVERY conservative websites are all part of the MEDIA also.

I find it hard to buy that the NRA that has always been against any kind of "registry" to record gun buyers of any kind and this says no, they're okay with registration, of criminals, but you can't have one without the other...  Also, didn't they urge voting against putting people on the NO FLY list on the background check list?   saying that the no fly list is full of errors and shouldn't be used.. but why would they have any more faith in this list of criminals?

the NRA has a history of sabotaging any attempt to "list" Americans like this, so when you create a culture like the NRA has, antagonizing any debate, let alone action, on gun regulations...  

so I'm immediately skeptical of this

if they really wanted to make a difference the media would lead every newscast with a reminder that the names of millions of violent felons criminal gangbangers and adjudicated mentally incompetent and dangerous people are missing from the background check system but no one gets ratings by telling the truth

again, making a difference isn't the media's job. the media's job is ratings. oh, and WE are the ratings, if we responded by watching that media more to the media nagging us about this and that, then the media would do exactly that.

as an aside, hasn't Fox News raved about their ratings for the last 10 years or so.. so, yeah, not telling the truth seems like a good way to get ratings indeed.

there's a bit of double speak here with the word truth being used as a transitionary word.

no one gets ratings by telling the truth about how to stop mass killers so they don't report that 38 states admit less than 80% of their felony convictions to the system leaving more than 7 million felony convictions in the dark they don't tell you the truth

the truth about how to stop mass killers...   the hard truth is, which you all have said again and again in defense of not having gun regulations, the truth is that if someone is really deranged and really determined to kill masses of people, they'll find a way, trucks, bombs, poison, all kinds of things, so why have gun laws at all, since they don't work. <--this has been a often used line by pro-gun conservatives.

so, 50-38 = 12, 12 states report 100%?   is that what we are to assume? and 38 report "less than" 80% that's kinda vague...  and 80% isn't that bad, I'm surprised it's that high of a number, and which states are these? could they be conservative states? idk... but since he leaves that out, I'm assuming it didn't help his anti-liberal/democrat message so I'm going to assume that they were majority conservative states that don't report 100%.

they don't tell you the truth instead the only thing the average American has heard about background checks is the absolute fallacy that what we need is more the system is only as good as the records within it and the records only get submitted if the politicians demand it

"the absolute fallacy that what we need is more"
but.... aren't you arguing to strengthen the background check system by having a mandate that those 38 states report more??   so you don't want more...  but you want more records...   but not more background check systems...  no redundancy...  but more...

"if the politicians demand it"
but YOU lobby politicians, YOU'RE a lobbying group. if they aren't demanding it, maybe you're not lobbying for it, we KNOW how precious your rating is for politicians, you have massive influence, you say you've been wanting this for 20 years.. but have you been lobbying for it?  or did you find it confusing to your membership that you'd be for strengthening background checks while at the same time be against them even exisiting, while you lose membership to more extreme groups

what are the Oregon killer the WDBJ killer the Charleston Church killer the Santa Barbara killer the Maryland mall killer the LA Airport killer the DC Navy Yard killer the Aurora movie theater killer the Tucson killer the Virginia Tech killer and both Fort Hood killers have in common every single one of them passed a background check

yes, that is a tragedy, maybe we need better background checks, which you seem to agree with right now...  but in the past... I mean, pick a message

if you cast a net and the fish swim through the holes you don't need a bigger net you need tighter holes but when it comes to a background check system that's missing the names of millions of prohibited people the politicians don't want to fix it

yup, tighter holes, let's fix it, again though your past says you'll vote against any attempt to fix it.  

the best kept secret is that the Nationalistic check system wouldn't exist at all if it weren't for the NRA it's true back in the 90s President Clinton forced passage of a mandatory waiting period on every handgun purchase in America not a background check wait but NRA said as soon as the technology was available their wait had to be replaced by an instant background check

So, it's your fault that the system sucks then?   I imagine you determined what "technology" was acceptable or what was required to take off the mandatory waiting period?   Since your so concerned with it, why did you accept such lax reporting as part of the agreement to remove the waiting period? or were you just too eager to get rid of a regulation and get more guns flowing faster?  

or maybe the politicians deceived you and said the system was good but it really wasn't, but why did you let that go? again, you have massive lobbying power.  

looks like someone is trying to have it both ways here.

replaced by an instant background check done by the dealer at the point of sale NRA supported it NRA got the votes and NRA got it passed we demanded an honest system it was supposed to make sure good people can purchase firearms as quickly as possible a system that catches violent felons the adjudicated mentally incompetent and dangerous and every other prohibited person right at the

oh, by the dealer... so private sales, gun shows...  

"NRA supported it NRA got the votes and NRA got it passed we demanded an honest system"
see. you do have the power, so, why'd you get lax on getting what you want??  if you wanted a better, tighter net...  you have the power to get one, and all the opportunity in the world to get it too, Lord knows there have been too many events for you to spark this debate back up and get something done...  so, why didn't you get anything done?

" good people can purchase firearms as quickly as possible (in) a system that catches violent felons "
so, shovel the guns ASAP but catch all the bad people at the same speed...  mm hmmm, that's not asking for mistakes either, again trying to have it both ways, not giving the system the time it might need to be affective.

incompetent and dangerous and every other prohibited person right at the point of sale where they would be prosecuted federal felony but they aren't

So you want gun dealers to also be responsible for holding and detaining those caught by the background check?  would that be an expansion of the ATF?  

what has happened instead is one of the greatest failures in the history of American leadership in 2010 roughly 80,000 prohibited people committed a felony by trying to buy a gun just 44 were prosecuted for it does that sound like a good number to anybody so when you hear politicians who won't fix the broken system talk about expanding it don't buy it

so your answer is to not have a system???  since you don't trust them to fix it?

maybe that has something to do with your anti-regulation of any kind stance/image, you've rewarded a bunch of those politicians for doing nothing with an A rating...

and now the pivot:

demand what works put armed security in every school fix the broken mental health system enforce the federal gun laws against every criminal thug on the street prosecute dangerous people when they show up to buy a gun and for God's sake put every prohibited person into the system that's what common sense gun laws look like

how do you know any of that works?  we haven't really tried it. and still doesn't address things like Las Vegas or the night club....  

and again, you could have fixed that if you wanted to, that would have been a small ask, and you say you've wanted it but have you really?  I'm just not sure I believe that.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 02/23/18 at 10:56:12

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 10:16:53:

here's what the media won't tell you the NRA has fought for 20 years to put the records of those adjudicated mentally incompetent into the National instant check system and until the politicians demand that they are submitted killers who are legally prohibited from owning firearms will walk into gun stores and pass every background check they take

it's not the media's job to spin for the NRA. that's like saying  the NRA hasn't told it's members that the media has donated this that and this to this charity or something. The media reports on IN THE MOMENT issues, not the agenda of an organization, sometimes commentators might mention that on a talking head show, but that up THAT INDIVIDUAL commentator, not the "media" as whole, oh, and Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and  EVERY conservative websites are all part of the MEDIA also.

I find it hard to buy that the NRA that has always been against any kind of "registry" to record gun buyers of any kind and this says no, they're okay with registration, of criminals, but you can't have one without the other...  Also, didn't they urge voting against putting people on the NO FLY list on the background check list?   saying that the no fly list is full of errors and shouldn't be used.. but why would they have any more faith in this list of criminals?

the NRA has a history of sabotaging any attempt to "list" Americans like this, so when you create a culture like the NRA has, antagonizing any debate, let alone action, on gun regulations...  

Long reply, thanks for viewing the propaganda piece.  I'll reply as I have time.
If the media/democrats were smart, they'd use this piece to bludgeon the republicans on every issue they agree with.
Adding the "no fly" list to NICS, no I don't agree with that.  Same as adding all SS recipients just because they have a financial issues.  Due process.  No fly list picks anyone with the same name as someone with a bad history.  And the TSA doesn't have the common sense to waive a toddler thru with a common name.  So form a review committee and give anyone that'll be denied their rights the opportunity to refute the claim.  We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.  These 2 rules assume the opposite.
Why would I have more faith in NICS than No fly list?  It is data from the courts, not some nameless agent with no responsibility for the errors they produce.

WWW   IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 02/23/18 at 11:03:06

verslagen1 wrote on 02/23/18 at 10:56:12:

Long reply, thanks for viewing the propaganda piece.  I'll reply as I have time.
If the media/democrats were smart, they'd use this piece to bludgeon the republicans on every issue they agree with.
Adding the "no fly" list to NICS, no I don't agree with that.  Same as adding all SS recipients just because they have a financial issues.  Due process.  No fly list picks anyone with the same name as someone with a bad history.  And the TSA doesn't have the common sense to waive a toddler thru with a common name.  So form a review committee and give anyone that'll be denied their rights the opportunity to refute the claim.  We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.  These 2 rules assume the opposite.
Why would I have more faith in NICS than No fly list?  It is data from the courts, not some nameless agent with no responsibility for the errors they produce.

that's fair

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #35 - 02/23/18 at 11:54:18

if they really wanted to make a difference the media would lead every newscast with a reminder that the names of millions of violent felons criminal gangbangers and adjudicated mentally incompetent and dangerous people are missing from the background check system but no one gets ratings by telling the truth

again, making a difference isn't the media's job. the media's job is ratings. oh, and WE are the ratings, if we responded by watching that media more to the media nagging us about this and that, then the media would do exactly that.

as an aside, hasn't Fox News raved about their ratings for the last 10 years or so.. so, yeah, not telling the truth seems like a good way to get ratings indeed.

there's a bit of double speak here with the word truth being used as a transitionary word.

Shocked  the media isn't responsible for making headlines?
Trumps every word and faux pas is plastered every day for the resistance to faun over and they're not responsible?
Used to be they made headline news to make a difference, expose corruption and yes that sold.

Imagine the smack down if the media would repeatedly used DR (the church guy) to batter those responsible for getting a weapon rather than just rail on guns in general.

They have an opportunity now, violent teenager buys an AR15 and shouldn't have been allowed.
But they'll rail on assault weapons and guns in general, focus!

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #36 - 02/23/18 at 13:26:02

no one gets ratings by telling the truth about how to stop mass killers so they don't report that 38 states admit less than 80% of their felony convictions to the system leaving more than 7 million felony convictions in the dark they don't tell you the truth

the truth about how to stop mass killers...   the hard truth is, which you all have said again and again in defense of not having gun regulations, the truth is that if someone is really deranged and really determined to kill masses of people, they'll find a way, trucks, bombs, poison, all kinds of things, so why have gun laws at all, since they don't work. <--this has been a often used line by pro-gun conservatives.

so, 50-38 = 12, 12 states report 100%?   is that what we are to assume? and 38 report "less than" 80% that's kinda vague...  and 80% isn't that bad, I'm surprised it's that high of a number, and which states are these? could they be conservative states? idk... but since he leaves that out, I'm assuming it didn't help his anti-liberal/democrat message so I'm going to assume that they were majority conservative states that don't report 100%.

Here's the focus part... Is it true that (insert name here) FL doesn't report violent students to NICS?  Why not?  Does FL report all felons to NICS as a rule?  WHY NOT!?!

And yes a car can mow down a mass of people before they realize what's happening.  So why don't you ban trucks, cars, and wheelbarrows.   Roll Eyes
Doesn't justify not restricting guns.  That's the simple answer, if they fight you on that they're just being ridiculous.

Why do they give you a vague number on reporting?  Because they don't even know if it 80%, they're just hoping it's 80%.  It's voluntary, probably because of all privacy rights and how they're interpreted differently.  Until it's mandatory and audited, we'll never know for sure.

WWW   IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #37 - 02/23/18 at 13:33:37

"...  the spin masters that are the NRA.  ..."

When One, HATE’S, the NRA, and all gun owners.
Not going to change any minds.
    Just go Golfing.

The anti-freedom ultra-Liberals believe,
            a,  ’gun’,  is  BAD !
And someone that has a, ‘gun’,  Is  BAD also.  
Because they always say:  
  (To exclude themselves from the, ‘Bad’, gun owners.
   Just before they want  totally restrictive, anti-freedom,  laws)

“Well I have a  Gun so it’s perfectly OK to ban Guns”

(The  blue is what LOST  wrote)

“…I find it hard to buy that the NRA that has always been against any kind of “registry" to record gun buyers of any kind
and this says no,
they’re okay with registration, of criminals,
but you can't have one without the other …”

Sound a lot like you are saying. I, MUST, be a, Criminal, because I have a GUN.
because you can’t have one with out the other?

“…Fox News raved about their ratings for the last 10 years or so.. so, yeah, not telling the truth seems like a good way to get ratings indeed.   …”
Just like  CNN ?   Mentioning only one, and crying about them,
and NOT saying, FOX and CNN, BOTH, do the same things.
 Your opinion is a observation of, ONE  view !
Which Clearly is:  
You have enough, ‘Guns’.
You only need these kind of ‘Guns’.
  Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

“… the truth about how to stop mass killers…   …”
The part about, Enforce the firearm laws, ALREADY on the Books, means, Nothing ?

“…but YOU lobby politicians, YOU’RE a lobbying group….”
Let’s see, a Law was made, that, Abortion is, ‘Legal’.
And the person, that wanted one, Paid for it.
 So, exactly  WHEN, did Planned Parenthood,
   Get YOUR, tax dollars, to Perform Abortions ????
Ya think that had anything to do with Ultra-Liberals, ‘Lobbing’ ?

“…maybe we need better background checks …”
“… tighter holes, let’s fix it,…”

Gee, isn’t that what the NRA is  SAYING  !!!!!!!

Reminds me of the phrase:
 “Mind is made up, never mind the Facts”
When you say:
  “…you’ll vote against any attempt to fix it….”

Next is the part, you, and the other, ‘GUN’,  hating people, simply REFUSE to believe.
Which is the, ‘Background Check’, WAS, the NRA’s idea.
Which Originally, Clinton,wanted a,  ‘Waiting Period’, with  NO   BACKGROUND  Check.
Then the NRA pushed for the ‘INSTANT’ Check.
When you said:
“…why did you accept such lax reporting…”
    WHO, want’s it ‘both’ ways ?????????????

(Just a note, ‘Gun shows’, which you ‘allude’ to are exempt.
 is that like HRC, saying:
Anybody can get a gun from anywhere, just like a tea cup on  fley-bay)

When you say: “…not giving the system the time it might need to be affective….”
I don’t know the time frame,
but when was the firearm purchased,  and when was the school shooting ?
So exactly how much ’time’ do you, think is needed ?

Now when someone can,  LIE,  on the 4473 Form,
    ( in one year, 80,000  People, LIED, and only 44 were Prosecuted)
That is the fault of a ‘Gun’ owner or the NRA,  HOW ?????????

“… how do you know any of that works?  we haven’t really tried it….”
The does ‘it’ work?
    What cities have the HIGHEST, Crime Rates?
  The ones with the HIGHEST,  Gun Banning Laws.

What Schools have the LOWEST,  Crime rate ?
 The one where, caring people are Armed at.
 (Like the Grade/Hi/Collage schools, that ALL  the Federal Elected Peoples children go to.

“…you could have fixed that if you wanted to,
 that would have been a small ask,
    and you say you’ve wanted it but have you really?
          I'm just not sure I believe that…”

And you NEVER  WILL,
Regardless of what anybody shows you, or the FACTS.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 02/23/18 at 13:45:46

verslagen1 wrote on 02/23/18 at 13:26:02:

Here's the focus part... Is it true that (insert name here) FL doesn't report violent students to NICS?  Why not?  Does FL report all felons to NICS as a rule?  WHY NOT!?!

cause they aren't required to, the law the NRA was so happy passing doesn't require them, it doesn't add that additional regulation on them to do that.

And yes a car can mow down a mass of people before they realize what's happening.  So why don't you ban trucks, cars, and wheelbarrows.   Roll Eyes
Doesn't justify not restricting guns.  That's the simple answer, if they fight you on that they're just being ridiculous.

but we do regulate trucks and cars via licensing and required insurance, who's talking ban here??   this is background checks  

Why do they give you a vague number on reporting?  Because they don't even know if it 80%, they're just hoping it's 80%.  It's voluntary, probably because of all privacy rights and how they're interpreted differently.  Until it's mandatory and audited, we'll never know for sure.

so they don't know??  so it could be 100% then.  and again, the NRA helped pass that law and they didn't put a requirement to report it in there, and I guess, to relate to another thread, do we get rid of the 4th amendment then?  

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 02/23/18 at 14:24:22

First MNSPRING, I'm not against gun ownership, I'm not anti gun, I'm not suggesting any ban of any gun.

MnSpring wrote on 02/23/18 at 13:33:37:
"...  the spin masters that are the NRA.  ..."

When One, HATE’S, the NRA, and all gun owners.
Not going to change any minds.
    Just go Golfing.

I don't hate anyone. and I could flip that around, when one hates liberals... as you do, just go golfing and leave this forum alone

The anti-freedom ultra-Liberals believe,
            a,  ’gun’,  is  BAD !
And someone that has a, ‘gun’,  Is  BAD also.  
Because they always say:  
  (To exclude themselves from the, ‘Bad’, gun owners.
   Just before they want  totally restrictive, anti-freedom,  laws)

“Well I have a  Gun so it’s perfectly OK to ban Guns”

that's NOT ME, so quit throwing your extreme straw-man BS out, talk to ME first before you put me into some fringe group I'M NOT IN

(The  blue is what LOST  wrote)

“…I find it hard to buy that the NRA that has always been against any kind of “registry" to record gun buyers of any kind
and this says no,
they’re okay with registration, of criminals,
but you can't have one without the other …”

Sound a lot like you are saying. I, MUST, be a, Criminal, because I have a GUN.
because you can’t have one with out the other?

no, let me clarify, I believe thats what the NRA is affriad of though, if your'e on the same registry as criminals then you get put in as them but I am fully aware that the VAST VAST VAST Majority of gun owners, especially those with concealed carry are great upstanding citizens,  but thanks for twisting what I said, the problem you are going to have though is efficiency systems that want one list instead of 10,0000

“…Fox News raved about their ratings for the last 10 years or so.. so, yeah, not telling the truth seems like a good way to get ratings indeed.   …”
Just like  CNN ?   Mentioning only one, and crying about them,
and NOT saying, FOX and CNN, BOTH, do the same things.
 Your opinion is a observation of, ONE  view !

addressing this first before MN conflates it with whatever his agenda of spinning on me is.    yes I only mentioned one,
as you'd only mention one when you are debating the other side. and I actually haven't heard CNN boast about it's ratings, not like the "non mainstream but watched by more than anyone else" Fox News did, Occasionally CCN will defend it's ratings against Trump smearing them

Which Clearly is:  
You have enough, ‘Guns’.
You only need these kind of ‘Guns’.
  Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

not my view at all, but thanks for the assumption, (making an ass out of u and mption, now you owe 'mption' an appology)

“… the truth about how to stop mass killers…   …”
The part about, Enforce the firearm laws, ALREADY on the Books, means, Nothing ?

well the laws are being enforced, the problem, at least according to the NRA is that those laws don't require reporting 100%
so you want to add a NEW law then, to force reporting, correct?

“…but YOU lobby politicians, YOU’RE a lobbying group….”
Let’s see, a Law was made, that, Abortion is, ‘Legal’.
And the person, that wanted one, Paid for it.
 So, exactly  WHEN, did Planned Parenthood,
   Get YOUR, tax dollars, to Perform Abortions ????
Ya think that had anything to do with Ultra-Liberals, ‘Lobbing’ ?

so, now you're throwing Planned Parenthood in here as another WHATABOUTISM...  figures, hope one day you figure out how to argue honestly, don't worry, I'll school you on it.    

oh and Planned Parenthood has NEVER gotten ANY tax dollars for abortion, that's against the law.   and there actually isn't a law saying that abortion is legal, there's a law, backed by the constitution, that says what happens between a doctor and their patient is PRIVATE and that they, being grown ups, can make the best decisions for themselves.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T DRAG THIS INTO A DEBATE ON ABORTION, STAY ON TOPIC

“…maybe we need better background checks …”
“… tighter holes, let’s fix it,…”

Gee, isn’t that what the NRA is  SAYING  !!!!!!!

BUT IT'S NOT WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

Reminds me of the phrase:
 “Mind is made up, never mind the Facts”
When you say:
  “…you’ll vote against any attempt to fix it….”

actually I think I can get the facts to back that up, when's the last time any changes AT ALL have been made to the gun laws??  

Next is the part, you, and the other, ‘GUN’,  hating people, simply REFUSE to believe.

AGAIN, DESPITE YOUR ASININE ASSUMPTIONS, I'M NOT A GUN HATER

Which is the, ‘Background Check’, WAS, the NRA’s idea.
Which Originally, Clinton,wanted a,  ‘Waiting Period’, with  NO   BACKGROUND  Check.
Then the NRA pushed for the ‘INSTANT’ Check.
When you said:
“…why did you accept such lax reporting…”
    WHO, want’s it ‘both’ ways ?????????????

seriously, anyone follow that?   let me try here:   (bangs head against wall for 5 minutes to scramble my brain to decipher MN speak)  

ok for F's sake.    the Clinton law was: The law required a five-day waiting period after purchasing a handgun, and the dealer had to report the sale to the local chief law enforcement officer to run a check on the buyer.

so the WHOLE POINT OF THE 5 DAY WAITING PERIOD WAS A BACKGROUND CHECK. that was CLINTON, not the NRA, the NRA just wanted it to be faster, immediately, as Wayne LaPeirre said.    that was their contribution, that the background check keep up with technology

(Just a note, ‘Gun shows’, which you ‘allude’ to are exempt.
 is that like HRC, saying:
Anybody can get a gun from anywhere, just like a tea cup on  fley-bay)

what, private sellers can't sell at gun shows? and there is no law about private sellers selling to anyone without a background check, I could sell my handgun to my friend and not worry about a background check

When you say: “…not giving the system the time it might need to be affective….”
I don’t know the time frame,
but when was the firearm purchased,  and when was the school shooting ?
So exactly how much ’time’ do you, think is needed ?

I don't know, but that's a reasonable question isn't it?

Now when someone can,  LIE,  on the 4473 Form,

that would be the fault of the gun owner, but why wasn't it caught?

“… how do you know any of that works?  we haven’t really tried it….”
The does ‘it’ work?
    What cities have the HIGHEST, Crime Rates?
  The ones with the HIGHEST,  Gun Banning Laws.

ANOTHER WHATABOUTISM
that's not what we're talking about, that was about SCHOOLS AND SCHOOL SAFETY, not cities and their gun violence.

What Schools have the LOWEST,  Crime rate ?
 The one where, caring people are Armed at.

but there WERE armed guards at this last school....  

(Like the Grade/Hi/Collage schools, that ALL  the Federal Elected Peoples children go to.

“…you could have fixed that if you wanted to,
 that would have been a small ask,
    and you say you’ve wanted it but have you really?
          I'm just not sure I believe that…”

And you NEVER  WILL,
Regardless of what anybody shows you, or the FACTS.

you really don't know me, you assume I'm the worst of the worst in your eyes, how about YOU TALK TO ME, instead of assuming who I am.  I'm just judging the NRA on their past behavior, where they have blocked even having a conversation about this.  

OH AND FOR THE REST OF THIS

I'M DONE WITH THE LONG A$$ REPLIES, BREAK IT DOWN.  

I've proven that I think through things, I broke down a 4 minute video for forum consumption for F's Sake.  accuse me of being blind or not seeing "facts" again and I'll ignore you forever.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #40 - 02/23/18 at 14:28:06

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 13:45:46:

cause they aren't required to, the law the NRA was so happy passing doesn't require them, it doesn't add that additional regulation on them to do that.

but we do regulate trucks and cars via licensing and required insurance, who's talking ban here??   this is background checks  

so they don't know??  so it could be 100% then.  and again, the NRA helped pass that law and they didn't put a requirement to report it in there, and I guess, to relate to another thread, do we get rid of the 4th amendment then?  

Focus, don't hijack your own thread.
You find something wrong... fix it.  If you have to have a fix-all, they're going to start chasing butterflies instead.

Background checks, mandatory court input, all courts, auditing.

The rest is divisionistic BS... focus.

I hope I'm being reasonable.

WWW   IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 02/23/18 at 14:39:45

verslagen1 wrote on 02/23/18 at 14:28:06:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 13:45:46:

Focus, don't hijack your own thread.
You find something wrong... fix it.  If you have to have a fix-all, they're going to start chasing butterflies instead.

Background checks, mandatory court input, all courts, auditing.

The rest is divisionistic BS... focus.

I hope I'm being reasonable.

you are being reasonable, it's just sad that only the Republican dare offer any fixes, if any democrat does it they get torn to pieces by the NRA and others claiming they want to ban your guns or confiscate them, I mean we all know that the first step to confiscation is a registry...  

and I'm not offering any solutions, the NRA is the one saying they know best... not me, I'm just calling them out on their BS.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #42 - 02/23/18 at 15:48:43

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 14:24:22:
First MNSPRING, I'm not against gun ownership, I'm not anti gun, I'm not suggesting any ban of any gun. ..."

Perhaps you and someone else, talk so alike, and say so many of the same things, it may seem the two of you are of one mind.

Lost: “… Planned Parenthood has NEVER gotten ANY tax dollars for abortion, …”

P.P, gets  MONEY, from YOUR, Taxes.
The overwhelming majority of federal funding to Planned Parenthood comes from Medicaid
 (Oh, where does the money for, Medicaid, come from ?)

Lost: “… DON’T DRAG THIS INTO A DEBATE ON ABORTION, STAY ON TOPIC…”
                        LOLOOOLOO !
  Was talking about lobbyists, (or didn’t you get that ?)

Lost: “…Clinton law was: The law required a five-day waiting period after purchasing a handgun, and the dealer had to report the sale to the local chief law enforcement officer to run a check on the buyer….”
 I See, you must have had a  Gun Store then,  You had a  FFL  License then,  (How many years did you have a FFL ?), You did the Paperwork then,  You knew what the Laws were and how they were enforced, you KNEW, what the, ‘check’, was by the LEO?   WOW,  didn’t know that !!!!    LOLOLOLOLOL

This one is really great !
Lost: “…maybe we need better background checks …”
Lost: “… tighter holes, let’s fix it,…”
 MN:  Gee, isn’t that what the NRA is  SAYING  !!!!!!!
Lost:  BUT IT’S NOT WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

So now, you say the NRA, is to do the checks, not the FBI ?

MN:  Now when someone can,  LIE,  on the 4473 Form,
Lost: that would be the fault of the gun owner, but why wasn’t it caught?
        YEA,  WHY  ??????????????
       Why Wasn’t he/she 'caught’  ?    
 Gee, ya  Think, The People,  IN CHARGE, Ignored them ???????
 And again, it's the NRA's  Fault, WHY ???

Let’s see,  Hospitals and Clinics were,  ’Suppose’, to communicate with each other.
Over 10 Years ago.  (Digitally)
             They  STILL   Don’t !!!!!!!!!
Yet, ANY, Hospital or Clinic,  can  INSTANTLY, (Digitally), communicate with,  ANY, Pharmacy, so you get drugs.

(Not changing the Subject, making a point.)

When the Communication gets, someone MONEY,
 Like  Hospital/Clinic,  communicating with Pharmacy,
  It’s gets  DONE.

When Hospitals and Clinics, do NOT communicate with each other.
It is MONEY also.  Only  Money, to do a test, which was done, by the, ‘other’ place, which the, ‘other’, place, can NOT communicate with.

Reporting, to a central place, about a Mental Health problem,
      is, Not, Mandatory by the LAW MAKERS.
                   NOT  the NRA.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #43 - 02/23/18 at 17:18:27

okay, breathing, in and out, counting to 10....

F IT

MnSpring wrote on 02/23/18 at 15:48:43:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 14:24:22:
First MNSPRING, I'm not against gun ownership, I'm not anti gun, I'm not suggesting any ban of any gun. ..."

Perhaps you and someone else, talk so alike, and say so many of the same things, it may seem the two of you are of one mind.

Lost: “… Planned Parenthood has NEVER gotten ANY tax dollars for abortion, …”

P.P, gets  MONEY, from YOUR, Taxes.
The overwhelming majority of federal funding to Planned Parenthood comes from Medicaid
 (Oh, where does the money for, Medicaid, come from ?)

Lost: “… DON’T DRAG THIS INTO A DEBATE ON ABORTION, STAY ON TOPIC…”
                        LOLOOOLOO !
  Was talking about lobbyists, (or didn’t you get that ?)

okay, I'm letting this go, because you don't understand so forget it, I'm not wasting my time, oh but Planned Parenthood isn't JUST a lobbyist group, they actually provide care, not just newsletters

Lost: “…Clinton law was: The law required a five-day waiting period after purchasing a handgun, and the dealer had to report the sale to the local chief law enforcement officer to run a check on the buyer….”
 I See, you must have had a  Gun Store then,  You had a  FFL  License then,  (How many years did you have a FFL ?), You did the Paperwork then,  You knew what the Laws were and how they were enforced, you KNEW, what the, ‘check’, was by the LEO?   WOW,  didn’t know that !!!!    LOLOLOLOLOL

dude, it was google search for the law, that's the wording of the LAW. the point remains, a background check WASN'T the NRA's idea, they just wanted it faster to be less cumbersome on the gun buying process, aka, they were against it.  

This one is really great !
Lost: “…maybe we need better background checks …”
Lost: “… tighter holes, let’s fix it,…”
 MN:  Gee, isn’t that what the NRA is  SAYING  !!!!!!!
Lost:  BUT IT’S NOT WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

So now, you say the NRA, is to do the checks, not the FBI ?

no idiot, the NRA is a lobbying group, they AREN"T LOBBYING (doing) for background checks, for increased bettering of background checks, show me when they have done that? they consistently prevent law-makers from even talking about it.

MN:  Now when someone can,  LIE,  on the 4473 Form,
Lost: that would be the fault of the gun owner, but why wasn’t it caught?
        YEA,  WHY  ??????????????
       Why Wasn’t he/she 'caught’  ?    
 Gee, ya  Think, The People,  IN CHARGE, Ignored them ???????
 And again, it's the NRA's  Fault, WHY ???

I never said it was the NRA's fault, ANYWHERE ABOVE ABOUT ANYTHING, I said they say one thing and do another, when it's politically favorable they say, "we're for background checks" after years and years of shutting down any conversation about improving gun control, after years of saying all you need is the 2nd amendment to carry, after years of praising and rewarding politicians that refuse to do ANYTHING about anything related to guns

you seem to think it's some grand conspiracy "the people in charge ignored them..."   maybe those people are NRA sympathizers and don't want to rob a human being one of their human, inalienable rights as many NRA members believe of the 2nd amendment

Let’s see,  Hospitals and Clinics were,  ’Suppose’, to communicate with each other.
Over 10 Years ago.  (Digitally)
             They  STILL   Don’t !!!!!!!!!
Yet, ANY, Hospital or Clinic,  can  INSTANTLY, (Digitally), communicate with,  ANY, Pharmacy, so you get drugs.

(Not changing the Subject, making a point.)

When the Communication gets, someone MONEY,
 Like  Hospital/Clinic,  communicating with Pharmacy,
  It’s gets  DONE.

When Hospitals and Clinics, do NOT communicate with each other.
It is MONEY also.  Only  Money, to do a test, which was done, by the, ‘other’ place, which the, ‘other’, place, can NOT communicate with.

NOT  the NRA.

you know there are actually laws about hospitals communicating with pharmacies and all that right? that communication is regulated.

and seriously, I don't know what you mean here:
                   NOT  the NRA.

I'm going to try to decipher this....  

lord help me

so, I'd write this, as:
"There is no law that requires reporting of mental health to a central location.  
That's not the NRA's responsibility. "  

is that what you were trying to say with your beatnick poetry crap? I seriously hate talking to you because of how you type in generic read what you want into it Trump style f*ckery

yes, you are correct, there is no central government agency or database to record and report the mental health conditions of Americans.   but the NRA is against any kind of registry, right? or am I wrong? I mean the barely let background checks happen. if they could the'd get rid of that too.

I'm sure you'll disagree with everything I said anyway so I"m not wasting my time anymore, I wish this forum had an ignore button.  

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #44 - 02/23/18 at 17:37:56

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/23/18 at 17:18:27:
"... I wish this forum had an ignore button.  

What  ?

YOU,  haven't FOUND it Yet ?

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 16:39:22

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › More Fake News From GP - No Surprise

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.