Which is it? (Read 244 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Which is it?
Reply #30 - 02/20/18 at 11:46:41

Emotions are misleading, that is the point.
Often driven by a need, greed, fear, etc....

Should I vote for so n so, as they are talking issues that concern me, or do I listen to party fear mongering and vote herd mentality?

One is based on looking at, and discerning which candidate serves your best purpose.....
The other is to forfeit your own thinking to that of another based on assumed fear.

This last election sort of how this practice gave us a choice of the lessor of two fears.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 02/20/18 at 11:57:56

raydawg wrote on 02/20/18 at 11:46:41:
Emotions are misleading, that is the point.
Often driven by a need, greed, fear, etc....

Should I vote for so n so, as they are talking issues that concern me, or do I listen to party fear mongering and vote herd mentality?

The conservatives fell for the latter, that much is certain.

One is based on looking at, and discerning which candidate serves your best purpose.....
The other is to forfeit your own thinking to that of another based on assumed fear.

In the case of our current president, how could anyone believe a reality TV star?  He speaks like a 9 year old running for class president!  Anyone (with a semblance of intelligence) could see that it was all talk... (how's all the winning going?)
Was hillary my first choice?  Hell no - she wasn't even my 2nd or 3rd... but against our current president, she was a better alternative by far.

This last election sort of how this practice gave us a choice of the lessor of two fears.

You think that our current president is the "lessor of the two fears"?  Do you really???
SMH....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 02/20/18 at 12:17:53

As IF we would be seeing the economy roaring back with Hillary at the helm.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 02/20/18 at 14:03:39

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/20/18 at 12:17:53:
As IF we would be seeing the economy roaring back with Hillary at the helm.

we would, Obama made it stable, Trump is overheating it

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 02/20/18 at 14:12:44

Thanks, perfect example of taking what you want out of what I said, and driving it with your own narrative.....which is the same as opinion, or belief.

Many folks said the election was a choice of what they thought was the lessor of two evil, I ever said which, nor did they.
You could say they might have greatly desired another viable choice, which of whom might have won if the two party system and its accomplice would allow such choices to voters.

Not a one of you know, as fact, what the market would be at, or why it’s at its present level, if you did, you would be selling such insight....
You are here just blowing your own horns, yet... you get pizzed when the other guy blows his.

Anybody want to step up
And really raise the game, I’ll play, but until then it’s really a waste of time.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 02/20/18 at 14:18:20

raydawg wrote on 02/20/18 at 14:12:44:
Thanks, perfect example of taking what you want out of what I said, and driving it with your own narrative.....which is the same as opinion, or belief.

Many folks said the election was a choice of what they thought was the lessor of two evil, I ever said which, nor did they.

Well... now's your chance to say... which one do you think was the lesser of 2  evils?

You could say they might have greatly desired another viable choice, which of whom might have won if the two party system and its accomplice would allow such choices to voters.

Not a one of you know, as fact, what the market would be at, or why it’s at its present level, if you did, you would be selling such insight....

Correct, which is why I don't play that game.

You are here just blowing your own horns, yet... you get pizzed when the other guy blows his.

Anybody want to step up
And really raise the game, I’ll play, but until then it’s really a waste of time.

I'm like two steps up right now ray - you still have some unanswered questions.  I'm still waiting...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 02/20/18 at 15:54:22

Trump was physically more impressive than the other candidates. He had an aura of authority. (thats why he was able to push past those other men in that group photo during his first European trip. Remember? They could "smell" who the alpha was)

He mentioned the Wall idea and that appealed to the idea he'll keep the country safe. He wasn't afraid of anybody, he picked fights with the press who were used to being the final arbitrator and people loved that. As we say in sales, he looked and spoke "past the sale" and it was easy to see him as President. Hilary looks like a b!tch and weak. Bernie looks like a crazy old man, a weird college professor.

If Trump were a liberal and took every Democratic position, all the lefties on here would have flocked to him and give him pass after pass on his behavior.

The truth is, once you reach a certain point in an evaluation process and you have multiple candidates who all display minimum qualifications, the rest is emotional. Replace the word candidate with motorcycle, new car, new washer & dryer and thats  how you buy stuff.....and that's how you vote.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 02/20/18 at 16:02:16

WebsterMark wrote on 02/20/18 at 15:54:22:
Trump was physically more impressive than the other candidates. He had an aura of authority. (thats why he was able to push past those other men in that group photo during his first European trip. Remember? They could "smell" who the alpha was)

He mentioned the Wall idea and that appealed to the idea he'll keep the country safe. He wasn't afraid of anybody, he picked fights with the press who were used to being the final arbitrator and people loved that. As we say in sales, he looked and spoke "past the sale" and it was easy to see him as President. Hilary looks like a b!tch and weak. Bernie looks like a crazy old man, a weird college professor.

If Trump were a liberal and took every Democratic position, all the lefties on here would have flocked to him and give him pass after pass on his behavior.

The truth is, once you reach a certain point in an evaluation process and you have multiple candidates who all display minimum qualifications, the rest is emotional. Replace the word candidate with motorcycle, new car, new washer & dryer and thats  how you buy stuff.....and that's how you vote.

no, I'd still think he's and a$$hole and wouldn't have voted for him.  

you're just one of those jealous "alpha" males that wish you were Trump

sad

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #38 - 02/20/18 at 16:41:17

I can't argue with you Mark.
But, ya know, when he was a democrat, they loved him and took his money. He was a fine guy. While he was handing out cash.
I never would have thought about what you said, but I'm not a salesman, at All.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 02/20/18 at 16:45:05

sad

That was kinda unnecessary and harsh dude...

I make a ridiculously good living off people like you think they’re the one out of a hundred......

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 02/20/18 at 18:22:42

WebsterMark wrote on 02/20/18 at 16:45:05:

sad

That was kinda unnecessary and harsh dude...

I make a ridiculously good living off people like you think they’re the one out of a hundred......

yeah, no you don't

truth hurts huh?

let me clarify

I'm sure you make ridiculously good living off of people who think they are one out of a hundred, but that's not me.  

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 02/20/18 at 19:08:13

Grin Grin

Grin Grin Grin

No, we wouldn't.  You're a liar.

Glad to know you voted for the guy that you thought was better looking, stronger and what... rich?
Quality... LOL

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 02/20/18 at 19:08:50

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/20/18 at 16:02:16:

sad

+100

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 02/21/18 at 04:50:08

Hey, keep telling yourself that. Spread the word. I want you both, I want all of you, to believe you're the outlier, the smart one, the unique one. The one who thinks everything through before making a careful, informed decision. You're the one not influenced by all the hidden signals that are directed at you day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute.....
and if I were to cross your path in business for some reason, you'd study my product, my offerings and likely give me a purchase order thinking all the while you were the one who in charge, you studied and understood the product, the cost, the benefits......  but I know why you really paid me.

And that's the way things work. Most of the time, that technique serves us very well. We're pretty good at perceiving frauds. And my product's not a fraud, its the best in my industry. But, you buy from me, from the perception I give you of my company ..........and you vote for a candidate in the same way.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 02/21/18 at 06:03:17

WebsterMark wrote on 02/21/18 at 04:50:08:
Hey, keep telling yourself that. Spread the word. I want you both, I want all of you, to believe you're the outlier, the smart one, the unique one. The one who thinks everything through before making a careful, informed decision. You're the one not influenced by all the hidden signals that are directed at you day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute.....and if I were to cross your path in business for some reason, you'd study my product, my offerings and likely give me a purchase order thinking all the while you were the one who in charge, you studied and understood the product, the cost, the benefits......  but I know why you really paid me.

LMAO - talk about fooling yourself!  I chew up salesmen on a daily basis!  I find it especially fun to lead on the cockiest ones right up until they think they have a sale and them drop them on the curb.  I get a nice lunch or two first, obviously... Yeah, you sales men are sooo in charge...LOL

And that's the way things work. Most of the time, that technique serves us very well. We're pretty good at perceiving frauds. And my product's not a fraud, its the best in my industry. But, you buy from me, from the perception I give you of my company ..........and you vote for a candidate in the same way.

See above - enjoy deluding yourself.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 01:37:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Which is it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.