Send Topic Print
Which is it? (Read 244 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Which is it?
02/19/18 at 10:48:15

1. Election security is so sacrosanct that a foreign country hiring professional Twitter trolls to spew false info is an "act of war."

2. We shouldn't even ask voters for the same ID they need to buy a six pack because there's no evidence of voter fraud.

Pick one.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Which is it?
Reply #1 - 02/19/18 at 11:46:06

WebsterMark wrote on 02/19/18 at 10:48:15:
1. Election security is so sacrosanct that a foreign country hiring professional Twitter trolls to spew false info is an "act of war."

2. We shouldn't even ask voters for the same ID they need to buy a six pack because there's no evidence of voter fraud.

Pick one.

I'm fine with both, but if you are going to do the ID, the government needs to pay for it or at least have it able to be done at the polls, since people are going to vote there anyway. Don't make poor, fixed income elderly folk go to the "county seat" or whatever special place that's 30 miles out of their way when they can barely walk to their own mailbox.  Offer it online, send it to the voter via mail.  These people have ALREADY taken all the required steps to vote, now you're changing the rules, you take responsibility to make the adjustments for your rule changes

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 02/19/18 at 12:41:30

Hi Web  Wink

I think playing to the lowest form of reasoning of why we can’t, is a false argument, or paper lion.
The number of folks who might be inconvenienced by tightening our elections security is like saying we need high magazine rifles to fight tyranny, a very small consideration in scope of the bigger picture.

I am presently setting up all I need to do for my retirement.
It’s quick, efficient, and secure.
This technology and how to implement it is already known and available to our government, as I have experienced it firsthand.

Of course some will need additional consideration in order to participate, provide that small number a solution instead of doing nothing and blaming your lost on unmitigated factors that might not be proven.

Look, the investigation revealed social media shenanigans, but made no mention of hacking anyone’s computers, why?

Voting like almost every other political issue has leaked into our social fabric, and these swamp creatures are using it to their own discretion.

Sit back, observe the flip/flopping on arguments.
The hypocrisy.
It’s sadly funny, and very revealing.
Dupes, lemmings, and sheep, uttering stuff they don’t even know if it’s true or false.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/19/18 at 12:52:06

Maybe you're right ray, maybe I'm back.

I found that while away a few months,other than the network news and my local paper, I rarely run into the leftist I find on here. Rarely, and I travel the country regularly. Where are you leftist? Where to you work, where do you hang out? I'm beginning to this the real Russian bots are...... Bot.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/19/18 at 13:13:33

WebsterMark wrote on 02/19/18 at 12:52:06:
Maybe you're right ray, maybe I'm back.

I found that while away a few months,other than the network news and my local paper, I rarely run into the leftist I find on here. Rarely, and I travel the country regularly. Where are you leftist? Where to you work, where do you hang out? I'm beginning to this the real Russian bots are...... Bot.    

we aren't as "left" as you think, and you are probably always around like minded individuals like yourself so you're in the echo chamber and those kinds of environments often send signals to those of the opposing view to just stay quiet .

and I'm a hermit, I don't hang out anywhere

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/19/18 at 13:55:09

I never see leftist on here staying quiet, I never see that on the news, I never see that on twitter, I never see that anywhere but in the real world. the people I deal with, are vocal and right of center but the default entertainment, media position is left of center.

Where are the 65 million from the last election? Are they all in inner cities with a few leftist in schools and here and there? Where are you guys....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 02/19/18 at 13:58:57

I have a voter ID card... AZ updates the roles every couple of years... They send me a note or e-mail asking that I verify the address.
Done... It works, and it's already being done.
Also,.. here, you can vote by mail, and that leaves a paper trail.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/19/18 at 14:23:58

Web, labeling is part of the narrative, I believe, of those who desire to separate and conquer.
It absolves them of having to defend their accusations, as it carries the negative connotations it’s meant to evoke.

It’s lazy, disengenous, and a disservice.

Think of it this way, I can call a person an extreme conservative, and folks who are looking to dissuade a person have a built in list of charges they are guilty of by association.

Now if I use Muslim terrorist , to label a ISIS member, it has the effect of saying Muslim are terrorist.

Of course folks who do this, justify it, and my POV is lame.

I think you will always find folks have more in common than that which separate us.
Opportunist just take advantage of it to promote themselves.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/19/18 at 14:34:55

raydawg wrote on 02/19/18 at 14:23:58:
Web, labeling is part of the narrative, I believe, of those who desire to separate and conquer.
It absolves them of having to defend their accusations, as it carries the negative connotations it’s meant to evoke.

It’s lazy, disengenous, and a disservice.

Think of it this way, I can call a person an extreme conservative, and folks who are looking to dissuade a person have a built in list of charges they are guilty of by association.

Now if I use Muslim terrorist , to label a ISIS member, it has the effect of saying Muslim are terrorist.

Of course folks who do this, justify it, and my POV is lame.

I think you will always find folks have more in common than that which separate us.
Opportunist just take advantage of it to promote themselves.

+1

also, since the left is in the media, the right have all those chances to respond to those leftist things without actually responding to someone face to face. so you can see the right responding to faceless media types all the time, and after hearing some of the most disgusting disturbing responses, those of us who are center left, just say, nah, nevermind.  

also, a lot of the left are very very very casually political, not really deep involved and ingrained in them to pick every political fight, they just do their job, love their family and go on, but when it comes time to vote, because of how the right often portray themselves or are portrayed in the media, the left often seems like a "nicer" option, notice I put nice in quotes because that's a very subjective word and I'm sure you're going to go off about how abortion isn't nice and how stealing people's money through taxes isnt' nice and antifa and and and blah blah blah...   but look at how you all rail against those things, there just doesn't seem to be much compassion on the right, the compassionate conservative died with George W. Bush.  YOU KILLED HIM, not us on the left.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 02/19/18 at 14:43:35

I think I could type the same and exchange left for right.....  

My view is the leftist are the dangerous ones in the world...

And I call BS on the labeling thing. Nothing wrong with labeling a group as a whole in some cases, if not the majority of cases.  

Did not Jesus call the Pharisees a 'brood of vipers' despite the fact there was at least one among them who wasn't?

No it doesn't. It correctly identifies ISIS members are Muslims, but not all Muslims are ISIS or terrorist. Any reasonable person understands this. Trump understands that.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 02/19/18 at 14:54:02

WebsterMark wrote on 02/19/18 at 14:43:35:

And I call BS on the labeling thing. Nothing wrong with labeling a group as a whole in some cases, if not the majority of cases.  

Did not Jesus call the Pharisees a 'brood of vipers' despite the fact there was at least one among them who wasn't?

No it doesn't. It correctly identifies ISIS members are Muslims, but not all Muslims are ISIS or terrorist. Any reasonable person understands this. Trump understands that.

Can Trump talk about the  tragedy in Florida without having to say “gun violence”?

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/19/18 at 14:54:59

WebsterMark wrote on 02/19/18 at 14:43:35:

and this is the language issue...   Conservative and liberals seem to have completely separate context for defining language in their own views.  

also, you completely miss-identify leftists--- you seem to use that word in place of authoritarian, or dictatorship or that kind of idea.  and that kind of idea exists on the right as well, just look at Trump and his authoritarian tendencies.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/19/18 at 14:55:49

Can Trump talk about the  tragedy in Florida without having to say “gun violence”?

I'm not following you. Plus, I didn't hear what he said, I was busy.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 02/19/18 at 15:04:37

Serowbot wrote on 02/19/18 at 13:58:57:
I have a voter ID card... AZ updates the roles every couple of years... They send me a note or e-mail asking that I verify the address.
Done... It works, and it's already being done.
Also,.. here, you can vote by mail, and that leaves a paper trail.

I think my bigger point here is we're going to go through a process in which Twitter, Facebook etc... make all these changes to their programs because the Russians ran ads on social media sites.

Maybe it would have just been easier for the Russians to fly people to the US and have them vote with no ID....  they were spending a million dollars a month. That buys a lot of airline tickets! Better yet, fly them to Mexico and let them walk across the border, stay in Sanctuary Cities,  get Trump elected, live here until the midterms, and guarantee he keeps house and senate.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 02/19/18 at 15:29:09

raydawg wrote on 02/19/18 at 14:23:58:

I disagree, no it doesn't.
When you say muslim terrorist, you identify their motivations and targets.
Same as the labels conservative and liberal.  You bring to mind a stereotype that assumes certain interests and qualities.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 01:57:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Which is it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.