Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I learned something about myself....... (Read 45 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
I learned something about myself.......
02/16/18 at 09:15:55

ALL of us who come here have a commonality......
Lets call it a strong interest in "current events"
We make others money, by our actions of clicking on media sites, etc.

I saw something yesterday, that sort of "woke me up" to how I am indeed part of the problem of the news saturation.

Once was a day, maybe a couple hours of news, was all their was, and folks went on their way, living life, interaction with people, etc.

In short, we become what we think, and experience, daily.

I saw/read the Trump comment on mental health, the Florida shooting, etc....
It was nice, he should be more like that person.

I saw the press, quickly jump on a narrative that he didn't even mentions "guns".....

I remember when other weapons were used to kill, when Obama was president.....
He didn't use the word, Muslim, in describing the events perpetrator.

I was bugged, and thought it was a concerted effort to minimize reality.
I faulted him for it.

Yesterday, I see how I am being led, by others, by how they report things, their narrative.....

So I will continue to make them more, MONEY.

What do you call a person who benefits off the addictions of others, oh yeah, a pusher, or pimp, or slave owner, opportunist, etc......

Gump was right, about me.  

PS: Your back Web, period.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Re: I learned something about myself.......
Reply #1 - 02/16/18 at 09:33:12

good to hear you are starting to see the tactics.  they are used on both sides of the media to make you think what they want you to think so you believe them and buy into them and therefor consume more of their media so they can sell your viewership to their advertisers

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/16/18 at 10:31:59

Why, Lost, a stranger walking by might think you've become cynical..
I guess that's the price of looking at reality, huhh?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/16/18 at 10:52:35

PS: Your back Web, period.

Nope. I was stuck in a hotel yesterday and I'm home today with nothing to do. Going back underground now. I'm avoiding situations that offer no value and past couple days have been valuable but I'm sure it wouldn't last if I stuck around.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/16/18 at 11:21:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/16/18 at 10:31:59:
Why, Lost, a stranger walking by might think you've become cynical..
I guess that's the price of looking at reality, huhh?

you just finding that out?   and skepticism isn't cynicism.

I've always been aware of how the media works, you always argued one side, I argued the other since you never seemed to acknowledge it's validity

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 02/16/18 at 11:38:23

I'm sorry, im not quite following that.
But it's okay, don't stress about it. I'm just happy to have someone
From the other side
Who is willing to toss stuff back and forth.
You're looking less like the guy I have believed you were.
I hope I'm looking different to you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/16/18 at 12:20:34

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/16/18 at 09:33:12:
good to hear you are starting to see the tactics.  they are used on both sides of the media to make you think what they want you to think so you believe them and buy into them and therefor consume more of their media so they can sell your viewership to their advertisers

Yeah, took some time to GET IT, as it did to see how my thinking, and actions, in regards to my drinking, was guaranteeing the absolute opposite of what I wanted/desired, in my life.

I am not stupid, not by a wide margin.
I am tasked everyday at work, if I don’t understand the gravity of my performance in building a aircraft, it has the capacity to kill and impact the lives of thousands.

You do not entrust that responsibility to a stupid person.

So, of course I knew a “gun” was used in Florida, any person with average intelligence does not need to be enlightened to that fact, so why was that even used in critiquing Trump’s message to Florida and the nation?

Simple, to drive a narrative that they wanted, to evoke emotions, fan flames, and insure folks keep coming back and EMPOWERING “them”

In effect, they are pimping these dead kids to their own profits.

Same identical motivations, and reason, that the media pushed the stories that Obama wouldn’t call the terrorist Muslims.....
Any person with the ability to boil water, knew those who killed under their “own” beliefs of Islam, were Muslim.....
So why did I believe President Obama needed to affirm a “fact” that we already knew?

It’s obvious now, drive a wedge, sow dissent, reap the harvest.

On a side note, how this technology of today is used by some to advance a agenda, that is not based in reality or truth.
Fact is, it might be a red flag, that a person is skating on thin ice.

It’s Facebook.

I have seen people I know, post and share stuff on their page of things that are NOT..... true!
They embellish, exaggerate, or create a false narrative, of themselves, to give others a false impression about who they really are, or what is really happening in their lives.
When you live a fantasy, you might lose reality, because a weakened mind has lost the capacity to discern....
When self promotion, for whatever reason, becomes your paramount goal, anger, bitterness, and disillusionment is waiting outside your door, when it's not realized....

How it manifest itself, once it reaches a breaking point, we’ll, maybe Florida is a very strong clue......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/19/18 at 08:50:03

now Ray, try to remember all the NRA and pro conservative "news" you've heard about guns and gun control...

think they are trying to sell you something there too?

yeah they are.  and that messaging is refined through decades of marketing and polling exercises.  It's not about giving you freedom, it's about controlling what you think gives you freedom

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 02/19/18 at 09:44:28

You are wrong to assume I am a pro gun person, I am not.
I can tell you absolutely nothing about guns, or the NRA.

Sure the NRA is a lobbying group, they justify it's need, just like so many other groups, from sexual orientation, abortion, race, etc.....

They all have the same desire, to promote their own beliefs, and assuring their say in public policies, above those of others.

This is where I say freedom of speech is either 100%, or its not freedom of speech....

When you put constraints upon expression, like with political correctness, because its offensive, etc, you have taken the genie out of the bottle, so to speak, and her tirades are now free to visit on whoever has her in temporal control.....

This control is BOUGHT with money, and its power is used to stymie any oppressing views.
Look how entertainment has crossed over into political partisanship, and sports, just to name a couple....  

I have stated many times our constitution is a foundation, a framework....
And like a house, it supports what is built upon it.

Often times things change, after its original design, and remodeling or additions, to the house, are needed to accommodate all those who call it home, under the same roof.  

Restricting certain rights granted, at certain times, when these rights were needed in relationship to their historical significance, is smart and prudent.....
It would be folly to take a horse and buggy on the freeway, as a mode of transportation, as the risk to all is greater than the benefit of traveling with a better green footprint.

I think, as example, the 14th and 2nd are ripe for review.

Both grant rights that are no longer historically relevant, as they were at the time they were established.  

Sure, we need to insure a child born here now, of its citizenship, but it needs to be amended to a child born of a citizen.

And we have so many more tools to use against the threat of tyranny by our government, that the threat of a bullet, to these who would try to disrupt our system of governing, is like trying to fight Darth Vader with a BB gun, folly.

But not until you stop with the demagoguery, and disingenuous arguments, can we clear a path to repair, remodeling.....

For as you state, they all just want to sell us their product, as that is where THEIR power resides, and they are not about to give up their horse and buggy, when it serves THEIR NEEDS.

Fools argue.
Leaders, resolve.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 22:35:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I learned something about myself.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.