IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Making a bobber
Reply #16 - 01/30/18 at 11:59:20

That muffler looks to be in great shape ,look thru it and you should see no light if the stock baffle is in place (a good thing) it will increase performance ,but you 'll need to rejet the carb .

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Northwood
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denmark
Reply #17 - 01/30/18 at 14:56:33

batman wrote on 01/30/18 at 11:59:20:
That muffler looks to be in great shape ,look thru it and you should see no light if the stock baffle is in place (a good thing) it will increase performance ,but you 'll need to rejet the carb .

Its stock. Still with baffle AND catalyst.
I have to rejet anyway. My jets are 130/47.5.
They are pretty small and Verslagen think they are maybe EU measure different from US measure, but he dont know the conversion rates.
Im confused Cheesy
The down pipe is yellow with a bit of blue right at the exhaust port, indicating the jets arent way off.
But that will have to wait untill I get it all back together.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 01/30/18 at 15:32:33

Versaglen  ,Is correct in that the carbs and jet sizes on your side of the pond don't begin to look anything like ours ,which makes it hard to advise . However ,the color of your header pipe is what I would call normal (slightly lean factory setting) a slight golden color. but the fact that you aren't very high above sea level ,( I didn't see mountains when I was there),and the Dyna muffler having less back pressure you'll be running much leaner .The part of your pipe that is golden now will darken to blue if you don't go to larger jets ,and/ or the white spacer mod, and will be an indication that your motor is running hotter, which could cause damage over time ( burnt valves, etc.)

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #19 - 01/30/18 at 17:47:48

I don't think that was his bike in the pic.  He was looking for advice on bobber mods and said  "I am aiming for something like the one attached".  

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Northwood
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Denmark
Reply #20 - 01/31/18 at 02:28:39

batman wrote on 01/30/18 at 15:32:33:
Versaglen  ,Is correct in that the carbs and jet sizes on your side of the pond don't begin to look anything like ours ,which makes it hard to advise . However ,the color of your header pipe is what I would call normal (slightly lean factory setting) a slight golden color. but the fact that you aren't very high above sea level ,( I didn't see mountains when I was there),and the Dyna muffler having less back pressure you'll be running much leaner .The part of your pipe that is golden now will darken to blue if you don't go to larger jets ,and/ or the white spacer mod, and will be an indication that your motor is running hotter, which could cause damage over time ( burnt valves, etc.)

This difference in measure makes it very hard to order new jets. Hopefully the dealer knows what kind he sells.

@Tocsik.
Im sure batman is refering to my description of the downpipe installed on my my bike Wink

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #21 - 01/31/18 at 06:40:57

Yes ,I was referring to your pipe ,not the bike pictured.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:26:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Making a bobber

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.