Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Net Neutrality Explained - Genius!! (Read 314 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Net Neutrality Explained - Genius!!
Reply #45 - 01/31/18 at 11:24:03

Again

"Remove, legislate, demand, tell, in any way,
the, ‘exact way’, a person can make money."

Nobody said that.  NN does not do this so your arguments are about things that don't exist.  Its not about a person getting access like your walk out of the cardboard box comment, its about paying for equal access.

In all actuality allowing corporations to control our flow of information is the very thing you don't want the government to do.

I don't think you have a full grasp of what NN actually is.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 01/31/18 at 11:25:28

And yet, seeing the need for a clear and concise explanation, TT chooses to walk away rather than share his infinite wisdom.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #47 - 01/31/18 at 12:28:43

Just some of the statements made by,
supporters’, of more regulation.

“… Another issue is the potential for an ISP provider to eventually limit data so if I have Comcast I can not access MSNBC unless I drive out of town.  Of course a competitor could come in, build the infrastructure and in some amount of years provide the same level of service.  …”

“…Its about ISP providers controlling your content through speed. …”

“…If I want to use Spotify instead of Pandora then Spotify needs to invest in paying my ISP more instead of investing in offering me a better product. …”

“…doesn’t charge data to use their applications, but they do on non-network sites and they slow them down. …”

“…I’d like to see better more free market solutions, that’s a much much harder fight …”

“…I’d prefer to have some legal protections…"

“…showing some of the physical infrastructure that is manipulated by ISP’s….,”

“…lif your comcast delivery had its way, why wouldn’t they throttle sites they weren’t making as much profit off of….”

“…if the big ISPs are in love with it, chances are it’s not good…”

If a  ISP charges 100.00 to the net.
They offer sites 1,2,3, fast, and sites 4,5,6 slow.
But I want sites 4,5,6 fast, the SAME as sites 1,2,3,

What to do.
Chose another ISP ?
 Or make a law to,  ’Spread the Wealth’ ?

Some complain, that some places can ONLY get ONE, ISP ?
Where exactly is that.?
Just because one has a hard wire, from a company going to their house, it does NOT mean that they, Have to use that company that owns that wire.

My Opinion is:
NN will sort it self out.
It does Not need, ‘Government Regulations',
to TELL, it exactly, what to do.

But their is always, those that believe;
 “I am from the Government, and I am here to Help you”.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 01/31/18 at 13:27:53

Eegore wrote on 01/31/18 at 11:24:03:
Again

"Remove, legislate, demand, tell, in any way,
the, ‘exact way’, a person can make money."

Nobody said that.  NN does not do this so your arguments are about things that don't exist.  Its not about a person getting access like your walk out of the cardboard box comment, its about paying for equal access.

In all actuality allowing corporations to control our flow of information is the very thing you don't want the government to do.

I don't think you have a full grasp of what NN actually is.

Some people are too thick headed to ever understand.  I guess they refuse to watch a simple video.  Nice try though Eegore.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 01/31/18 at 14:17:10

"It does Not need, ‘Government Regulations',
to TELL, it exactly, what to do."

Nobody is doing that.  NN is not telling an ISP exactly what to do but I understand that you think it is.

I still think if the government was controlling our internet data in the same way cell providers do, and that ISPs will, then it would be a different story.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #50 - 01/31/18 at 18:27:36

Where exactly is that.?
Just because one has a hard wire, from a company going to their house, it does NOT mean that they, Have to use that company that owns that wire.

When I started supporting the end of NN I pointed out that we have one isp.
If we get screwed worse, we just do.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 02/01/18 at 08:17:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/31/18 at 18:27:36:
Where exactly is that.?

When I started supporting the end of NN I pointed out that we have one isp.
If we get screwed worse, we just do.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/06/50-million-us-homes-ha...

a neat map:

http://www.businessinsider.com/internet-isps-competition-net-neutrality-ajit-...

Quote:
Read any speech Pai has given in the last year and you’ll see he always talks about expanding access to broadband. “Closing the digital divide” comes up like clockwork. Most of his plan to do that, though, doesn’t involve increasing the number of ISPs competing in a given area.

Quote:
Could Pai's net-neutrality plan lead ISPs to invest in more robust internet, and even offer it at cheaper prices? Possibly. But most of these companies have been sitting on piles of money for a long time, and they haven’t been very eager to spend the hundreds of millions needed to build out their private infrastructure into more places.

According to the FCC's latest Internet Access Services report (which is accurate as of 2015), just 24% of developed areas in America had at least two ISPs that offered official broadband speeds.FCC

oh and JOG, I'm not sure "Just because one has a hard wire, from a company going to their house, it does NOT mean that they, Have to use that company that owns that wire."  is true.  because this:

"One way to do this is a process known as “local loop unbundling.” This involves regulating ISPs to lease or open up the “last mile” of their infrastructure to other ISPs, who’d then sell internet service plans over the wires that are already in place. The immense barriers to entry for any would-be ISP would disappear.

This would be a radical change, one that’d effectively tell Comcast and Charter and Verizon that the infrastructure they helped pay for no longer belongs to them alone. But it could result in a floodgate of competition, potentially bringing far more choice between price and speeds in all parts of the country."  

from the Business Insider article

Also for some reason, I'm confused, sometimes it seems like you support net neutrality, at least it's anti corruption/consolidation of power aspects but in this post you say you support the END of Net Neutrality....  

given your super conservative bent, I imagine you buying their BS about NN hook, line and sinker.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 02/01/18 at 08:21:02

Eegore wrote on 01/31/18 at 14:17:10:
"It does Not need, ‘Government Regulations',
to TELL, it exactly, what to do."

Nobody is doing that.  NN is not telling an ISP exactly what to do but I understand that you think it is.

I still think if the government was controlling our internet data in the same way cell providers do, and that ISPs will, then it would be a different story.

if the government was controlling our internet data in the same way cell providers do, both JOG and MNSprings would be screaming from the mountain tops about corruption and evil government overstepping it's rolls.  But because it's unelected corporations that do it, they are fine with it.....

Undecided

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #53 - 02/01/18 at 10:22:38

You act like I have a Clue about how phone data are dealt with, outside the fact that the nsa sniffs all of our data.

If there's a correlation, please explain.

I don't think I've said anything supporting anyone limiting access or speed and said I'm in favor of it.
One day, hopefully, the libertarian position I continue pushing will be seen for what it is.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 02/01/18 at 14:17:08

Cell providers no matter how much you pay can adjust your access speed as they see fit.

If I have Verizon I can access their apps free of data usage and charges for data, if I use anyone else's I am charged.  So if I want to use my phone as a GPS to drive somewhere I can not use the best app for my needs unless I want data/roaming/usage charges.  They can increase my phone bill for using Amazon over eBay.

This is exactly what NN kept ISP's from doing to all internet access.

However I could change providers week to week to accommodate my data usage at the cost of activation and cancellation fees.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #55 - 02/01/18 at 14:38:58

I had some numbers run for my location:

"Some complain, that some places can ONLY get ONE, ISP ?
Where exactly is that.?
Just because one has a hard wire, from a company going to their house, it does NOT mean that they, Have to use that company that owns that wire."

Where my business is - Yes, the wire that connects into the building DOES apply to one ISP provider, we can not use it for anything other than Comcast.  I can try to pay Centurylink, the only other ISP here to bring in lines however they can not offer the speeds we use for work data transfer.  They said maybe in a few years they would have "larger lines" but to pay for them it would be in the 10's of thousands.

I can get satellite internet and I asked for a quote for our typical activity, I sent 1 years worth of usage statistics to the company.  The quote for satellite internet is $4,100 - $4,800 monthly.  This quote came with a lengthy explanation of how this type of service is typically used briefly, for emergencies and not at the amounts we use.  Also I would have to lease or buy what amounts to a military grade dish.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #56 - 02/01/18 at 15:45:24

WHAT ????
 $4,000.00 a  Month ????
 You either have H.R.C. doing your negotiation,
 (So she can put $3,950.00 in her, 'foundation')
 or your company, you did the quote for,
 Is one, HUGE, company.

Geostationary Communication Satellites,
The only down fall,
the dish Has to be outside,
And in a  VERY,  Heavy  storm,
 That would be, VERY  heavy,
You may loose connection.
 Normal clouds, no problem.

Can you see the sky?
Can you mount a dish to a building, or a pole in the ground?
You can get on the internet, at  50.00 or less bucks a month.

Just do the research, you will find out.

“…the wire that connects into the building
DOES apply to one ISP provider,
we can not use it for anything other than Comcast…”

Perhaps, you did not understand.
the part that was in front of: “… use that company that owns that wire.”…
Which was: “…it does NOT mean that they, Have to…”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #57 - 02/01/18 at 16:03:47

Internet, telephone and cable, bundled by the telephone company.
I CAN'T drop the landline and keep other things. If I drop internet I "Save " about ten bucks. They have it sewn up.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 02/03/18 at 12:11:30

I can assure you I can not get internet that provides the speeds we use for about $50.00 a month where I live.

I can get very slow service at that price and never get our work done on time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 14:17:59

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Net Neutrality Explained - Genius!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.