Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wow, some good economic news! (Read 48 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wow, some good economic news!
01/24/18 at 06:10:57

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/21/news/companies/walmart-bonuses/index.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2017/02/07/gm-factory-workers-take-ho...

Oh wait... this was in 2016!!

Gee, from reading all the "great" news from our president's tax cut, I thought the economy was terrible before he got into office....

Hey - just keeping it real everyone.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wow, some good economic news!
Reply #1 - 01/24/18 at 09:28:56

That's good news alright.
Are you saying that the tax cuts aren't making things better?
You have
One Example of a company doing what?
They paid bonuses to the employees.
Wow, and darn good bonuses at that.
From profits.
The companies that I've been showing what they are doing...
Handing out cash from a savings.
GROWING companies, based on the fact that they are not suffering from confiscatory taxes.
That's what is real.
You don't want to see what Trump is doing FOR Americans.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 01/24/18 at 09:50:13

Let see punkin.....

I will now show you how it really is.

Class in session.

If I have a nickle, and someone gives me another nickle, my wealth has just doubled.

However, doubled as it has, it still lacks the necessities needed once put into context of reality.

Now, those nickles have acquired growth, but the doubling takes longer, since the gap is so much larger to bridge, and the workforce ( the elements needed to build it) smaller.

Now my 20 thousand nickles doubled every week......

Because the workforce now has the capacity to ramp up construction, for it is no longer constrained by regulations that slow its progress....

Now these nickles do have the capacity to erect real change in my life, in any context, not just some lame arse graph that won't buy a nickles worth of crap....

Class dismissed.  Kiss  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/24/18 at 11:18:25

raydawg wrote on 01/24/18 at 09:50:13:
Let see punkin.....

I will now show you how it really is.

Class in session.

If I have a nickle, and someone gives me another nickle, my wealth has just doubled.

However, doubled as it has, it still lacks the necessities needed once put into context of reality.

Now, those nickles have acquired growth, but the doubling takes longer, since the gap is so much larger to bridge, and the workforce ( the elements needed to build it) smaller.

Now my 20 thousand nickles doubled every week......

Because the workforce now has the capacity to ramp up construction, for it is no longer constrained by regulations that slow its progress.... (what regulations slowed that progress?  Got any data on that?)

Now these nickles do have the capacity to erect real change in my life, in any context, not just some lame arse graph that won't buy a nickles worth of crap....

Class dismissed.  Kiss  

LOL - class dismissed?  What class - ray, we all know you have no class....lol

But you seem touchy...truth hurt maybe?  That, and you completely missed the point (as usual).

Here - read this again, ok "punkin"?

Gee, from reading all the "great" news from our president's tax cut, I thought the economy was terrible before he got into office....

Hey - just keeping it real everyone.

The point I make ray is that the economy was doing great EVEN BEFORE our president's tax cuts.

LOL - and you talk about the influence of the media and how terrible it is??

Ha!  You're being led around by the nose from fox "news".
Grin

Oh, hey ray - did you hear?  Since our president took office, water is now WET!!!

LMAO!

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/24/18 at 11:19:06

As soon as someone rolls out the pet names, you know they have nothing.

Too easy Drill Instructor!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 01/24/18 at 11:50:33

More decorum, never takes me on. Wow,, such an intellect.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/24/18 at 15:11:37

just as an aside to all this, AT&T, handed out bonuses because of the Trump tax cuts, then cut like 20,000 jobs, Wal-mart handed out bonuses and increased their minimum wage, praised the Trump tax cuts, and then closed like 20 Sam Club stores....  

if you look at the job/employment numbers, well, there's nothing showing a great jump in job creation, it's all along the same trend line

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

it's way too early to tell exactly what effect this tax cut is going to have, and I hope it works and people get raises and better jobs and more jobs, I do, but it hasn't even been a MONTH yet. cool your jets

here's the Obama numbers:
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

"
The economy gained a net 11.5 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.

Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.1 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.

After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.

The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

The federal debt owed to the public rose 128 percent. Deficits were rising as Obama departed.

Home prices rose 20 percent. But the home ownership rate hit the lowest point in half a century.

Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico.

Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.
Production of handguns rose 192 percent, to a record level.

The murder rate dropped to the lowest on record in 2014, then rose and finished at about the same rate as when Obama took office.
"

let's hope Trump doesn't screw it all up

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 01/24/18 at 15:15:06

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 01/24/18 at 15:11:37:
just as an aside to all this, AT&T, handed out bonuses because of the Trump tax cuts, then cut like 20,000 jobs, Wal-mart handed out bonuses and increased their minimum wage, praised the Trump tax cuts, and then closed like 20 Sam Club stores....  

if you look at the job/employment numbers, well, there's nothing showing a great jump in job creation, it's all along the same trend line

it's way too early to tell exactly what effect this tax cut is going to have, and I hope it works and people get raises and better jobs and more jobs, I do, but it hasn't even been a MONTH yet. cool your jets

"
The economy gained a net 11.5 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.

Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.1 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.

After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.

The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

The federal debt owed to the public rose 128 percent. Deficits were rising as Obama departed.

Home prices rose 20 percent. But the home ownership rate hit the lowest point in half a century.

Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico.

Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.

The murder rate dropped to the lowest on record in 2014, then rose and finished at about the same rate as when Obama took office.
"

Exactly.  The analogy I used was along the lines of "our current president walked into a fully furnished apartment - Obama got shotgun shack."

Time will tell.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/24/18 at 15:34:22

T And T Garage wrote on 01/24/18 at 15:15:06:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 01/24/18 at 15:11:37:

"

"

Exactly.  The analogy I used was along the lines of "our current president walked into a fully furnished apartment - Obama got shotgun shack."

Time will tell.

Trump has always been born on third  and thinks he hit a home run.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 01/24/18 at 18:54:35

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 01/24/18 at 15:34:22:
Trump has always been born on third  and thinks he hit a home run.

LOL - yep!!

He took 200MM from his dad and turned it into....nothing more than what someone like me could have done on the stock market.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 08:55:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wow, some good economic news!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.