Send Topic Print
P.C. Correct (Read 93 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: P.C. Correct
Reply #15 - 01/23/18 at 15:25:52

I'd include my thoughts on the race of the perpetrator in my report. I know when a voice is CLEARLY one of a specific race and when it's iffy.
People who are afraid of what they know are a strange lot. You avoided the questions and pretend that without a scientific study, nothing is known.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 01/23/18 at 15:51:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/23/18 at 15:25:52:
I'd include my thoughts on the race of the perpetrator in my report. I know when a voice is CLEARLY one of a specific race and when it's iffy.
People who are afraid of what they know are a strange lot. You avoided the questions and pretend that without a scientific study, nothing is known.

eyewitness testimony is scientifically known to be notoriously flawed, but here you are defending it like it's the gospel. and we are talking about "ear" witness here, not even eyes

I just asked if you had any actual documented proof of what you thought, you provided none.

then you positioned yourself to be superior to me by having this skill and questioned my own skills, why, I don't know, how are my skills relevant to your skills?

I've heard many voices from many bodies I wouldn't expect, so to report in a police record that this voice belongs to this or that, no, I don't think I'd do that based on voice alone. I would hedge it greatly if at all.

and since you claim "People who are afraid of what they know are a strange lot."  I'll claim people who are over confident with no evidence are dangerous.

also, this is just an interesting side tidbit provided by a comedian, Tom Segura, I saw on Netflix:  there is a disorder that happens after one gets hit in the head, or some head trauma called foreign accent syndrome.  Which is a speech disorder that causes a sudden change to speech so that a native speaker is perceived to speak with a “foreign” accent. So an American would start speaking with a French accent all the sudden, etc...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/23/18 at 18:08:33

Okay, officer, he spoke to me, but, I'm not able to say he was probably any particular race. I will ignore the heavy southern accent and the choice of words. I would not want to include clues that might help you find the guy.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 01/24/18 at 08:34:43

MnSpring wrote on 01/23/18 at 11:19:34:
Eegore wrote on 01/23/18 at 11:03:44:
 Who omitted information?  The news, the victim, the reporter or the police?  

Again, I believe the Point is,  
 ‘Why’,  not  ‘Who’.

Well my assessment is "Why" is dependent on "Who" did it.

"If" the Police omitted information from a victim statement then the reason is different than if a victim did it.  

I would say the most accurate is that you don't know and that your assessment is mostly speculation.

If you know who omitted information I'd be willing to discuss why.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:07:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › P.C. Correct

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.