Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Those Lucky Rich People! (Read 90 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Those Lucky Rich People!
Reply #15 - 01/19/18 at 16:44:03

Consumption taxes on the people who spend everything they bring in just to stay afloat
Versus
Consumption taxes on people who make millions..
Let me think...

NO..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 01/19/18 at 16:48:51

Yeah.....keep it as it is, working great  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 01/19/18 at 19:54:32

Remember that argument that was used to support Bamicare?
Doing what is logically unsupportable because what Is isn't Doing what YOU want doesn't make it smart.

Things JUST got changed.
Positive results are being seen Already.
So let's jump into something that absolutely Will screw the little guy.

Who can afford consumption taxes?
The guy who spends everything he earns just covering the bills?
Or the wall street guy?

Defend it, Ray.
This is the third time you've said this.
Let's hash it out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 01/19/18 at 20:38:12

You won’t like my answer  Cheesy

Ain’t no system that will be fair/perfect for everyone.
You are playing to the same game as the libs with identity politics, the poor and unable will be unjustly hurt, targeted, etc.
Well guess what, they ain’t fairing to well now.

I agree if you look at the Reagan tax policies is created growth and led to revenue increases, but spending increased as well.

I think with a consumer based tax policy it would eventually lower the price of goods, services, as that is the nature of a competitive market.
Look at “free healthcare” for the poor, it’s increased all prices throughout the market because it stifled competition.

Also, taxes would be gathered from visitors as well as illegal immigrants, and those working under the table, etc.

With less opportunity to hide your money, I believe it will rack in more overall.
It would also expose those on the dole, as they have to consume, even if it just puts ill begotten money back into the government.

Those who really are in dire need, and honestly need help, programs will be needed to assist them, but we can do that with much better accountability I believe.

It still allows for capitalism to power folks to a higher standard of living, maybe even more so, as transparency will be more visible.

No deductions or deductible or write offs, period.
That is the hole that all the loops retreat into.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #19 - 01/20/18 at 06:16:11

Most states have a sales tax.  A consumption tax for the feds would just add to the pain; however, if you exclude foods (not meals) that might help.  Used to be a luxury tax on furs, jewelry, Jaguars.

Europe used the Value Added Tax, which I think is a complex yet interesting thing.  

Just as businesses fled the frozen North for the mini taxed South, we need to look at the world and how taxes affect business competitiveness.
We produce food which the world needs, that's good.  Much of what we are now selling around the world is based on Brain Power, computing etc.
Medical Technologies....and the occasional Fix Or Repair Daily. Grin

Oh, and bain of the Sales tax, it is the bartering system folks use to avoid it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 01/20/18 at 07:50:36

are playing to the same game as the libs with identity politics, the poor and unable will be unjustly hurt, targeted, etc.

I wasn't playing games when I pointed out what a disaster Bamicare was gonna be. Not playing games now. It's pretty obvious that the people who have no savings and investments spend everything they make just to stay afloat.
People who have money for a yacht don't.
The way you describe your idea will screw the poor.
Exempt necessities and expenditures up to a certain value and you create a system that isn't horrible, maybe..
But if you tax BUYING products, you inhibit SALES, which damages business, costing jobs.

Applying logic is not a game.

And what exactly isn't working about the tax code today?
We don't know, it's changed..

But you've been pushing this idea for a while.
What are you seeing that you think this idea would make better and for whom?
You said
It's working so well now,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 06:27:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Those Lucky Rich People!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.