Send Topic Print
Rebuilding 87 engine (Read 43 times)
Krusher
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rebuilding 87 engine
01/15/18 at 16:11:38

Looking for any and all info for performance parts. Manly suppliers. Know I want a Big Bore Kit. cam and clutch. I'll do the headwork. If a pipe helps that much than I'll need one of those also. And of course carb kit for the project.

Thanks for any info

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Rebuilding 87 engine
Reply #1 - 01/15/18 at 16:58:55

Go to the Marketplace section, and you will find the folks that can help you.

You may not need a big bore if your cylinder is in good shape.....Lancer has 94mm Wiseco pistons custom made, and they only need a honing to make a nice cross hatch for the rings to seat if the cylinder is good.  The extra compression makes for a nice power increase (at the expense of using premium fuel). Lancer also provides the performance cams and carb kits.

If you are tearing the engine down to the point the cylinder is removed, you might as well get a new Nitrided cam chain from Lancer and start from scratch.  Later on you can get the extended tensioner from Verslagen.

You definitely want the head plug from Verslagen.  They don't leak like the stock ones do.

The stock clutch works fine as long as you don't use oil with Friction Modifiers.  The forum recommends Rotella T4 if you want conventional oil, T6 if you want synthetic.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Rebuilding 87 engine
Reply #2 - 01/15/18 at 19:14:58

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1