Dynabeads (Read 74 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Dynabeads
01/11/18 at 02:42:46

http://www.motorcycle.com/ask-mo-anything/what-are-tire-balancing-beads.html

Check out the part about the filtered valve core and how to check pressure if you don't have them.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dynabeads
Reply #1 - 01/11/18 at 20:50:57

I've got old-low millage tires on my truck .   They used to have a wondering balance points .... so .... I put two ounces of these beads in each of them and guess what ... it was just like the bottle in the demo .    They rebalance themselves every time I take off ...  
I put them in my tubeless bike tires last time (Sportster) , they work great .   They are so tinny I think they might work through an inner tube so I only use them in the tubeless tires .  
In the tube type tires I use that green snot looking stuff , it seem to balance tires the same way these beads do - and seal them.    

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #2 - 01/12/18 at 07:29:34

My son used the beads in his tube-type wheels on his BMW K100 and he seemed to like them.  I still have my doubts!!

But, they were very hard to install through the very small valve stem hole.  Took some time and patience.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 01/12/18 at 08:54:58

Twenty years ago I was at a bike shop and saw a product that claimed to seal and balance motorcycle tires .   It was expensive , but I had experienced a flat on the rear of my 500/4 Honda going downhill with a sharp curve at the bottom ridding double -  just a couple months earlier so I thought it might be worth it.    
I haven't had a flat on a motorcycle since !  Wink  (knock on wood  Roll Eyes)

Now I buy it in gallon jugs and use it in all my non car tires.   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 01/12/18 at 09:24:18

They are in the rear tube on mine...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 01/12/18 at 15:09:01

Put them in my front tire two months ago and they work fine.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #6 - 01/16/18 at 07:03:34

MMRanch wrote on 01/12/18 at 08:54:58:
Twenty years ago I was at a bike shop and saw a product that claimed to seal and balance motorcycle tires .   It was expensive , but I had experienced a flat on the rear of my 500/4 Honda going downhill with a sharp curve at the bottom ridding double -  just a couple months earlier so I thought it might be worth it.    
I haven't had a flat on a motorcycle since !  Wink  (knock on wood  Roll Eyes)

Now I buy it in gallon jugs and use it in all my non car tires.   Smiley

What is it called, and where can I get it?  Will if affect future flats (on car) where it would affect the repairing?  Also, will it affect future tire changes.

I understand from some tire places that the inside (goo) is something they dislike.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 01/16/18 at 07:52:12

OH YEA !   They did-like it for two reasons ...

First , its messy when the tire is wore out and all over the rim so much so that the rim has to be hosed off between tires .

Second , any flat tire repairs don't happen , there-for cutting into the tire repair Dollar !

I was out bush-hogging small (2-3") Locus trees when we first bought this place .    When I came out from lunch one of the front tires was flat , so off it came and to Co-op it went.   I expected a patch bill from the tire guy , but instead got a new tube bill .   When I asked the feller about it he says "I quit counting holes at 14 !  
The next morning after an afternoon of more bush-hogging , both front tires were flat .    I had the co-op tire guy mount the tires tubeless and  put 6oz's of snot in each of them in place of patching or tubing and didn't have another flat for years ! .

That "Snot" comes in two kinds , "Tube" and "Tubeless" , I believe the only difference is the size of the particles that do the hole-plugging ??? .

You can't use it in the new "Sensor" tires .   Wal-mart sells it , and Tractor Supply too.  

Smiley

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:21:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dynabeads

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.