Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spring Daytona Bike Week (Read 62 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Spring Daytona Bike Week
01/10/18 at 03:59:14

Spring Daytona Bike Week  trip --- please answer the ROLL CALL

23500 SW Kanner Highway Indiantown, Florida
Date: 3/9/18 - 3/15/18

Go here to answer the roll call.     http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=cafe;action=modify;message=128;...

MM
Oldfeller
Ed L
Bad Wolf

If we don't know about you, we cannot help make tent spot reservations for you.     If you don't answer the roll call, understand we are making no plans that include you coming.  

Sorry, Daytona Bike Week is INCREDIBLY overcrowded and we are already fighting to get spots even this early .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Spring Daytona Bike Week
Reply #1 - 01/10/18 at 06:50:05

Oldferrller,
I will love to ride with you guys around South and Central Fla., but I won't be camping with you at Dupuis, I live just 34 miles from there and prefer my own bed to sleeping on the ground.
I can show you some sights around here, have you ever been to a polo match? I'll check the schedule. Two things to see are right down the road from the campground, a cemetery with a mass grave from a storm, and Port Mayaca bridge, unreal view!
Bring some 22's and shooting glasses as we are not too far from my gun club, you can't camp with a gun but you can have ammo, and I've got a some fun T/C barrels for our steel range.
There some places with ''local flavor'' you might like to see.(biker hang-outs) The roads are mostly in good shape, compared to frost damage up north, but no Dragons down here.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #2 - 01/10/18 at 13:59:08

Going to try to be a day tripper for any rides that come north and I'll see if I can head down just to visit for a day.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #3 - 01/12/18 at 07:21:00

I went to Daytona Bike week once, and never again.  I just hated the over-crowding of everything.  We had to stay up in St. Augustine and drive down.  It was, even then, terribly hot, sticky, and there were literally hundreds of bikes stolen (per the police).  They were stop checking every van leaving the area, and the parking lots simply had hundreds of bikes in them parked every which way.  No Thanks!!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Srotag

Have  Thumper  
  Will  Travel

Wherever it is warm and sunny
Reply #4 - 01/14/18 at 16:51:34

Will be up at Flagler Beach...hope to ride every day.  The crowds are part of the event...vendors at the Speedway, and on the bay. HD place has lost acres of their parking to a RV dealership...that will be a mess, but two floors of iron is pretty cool.

Sitting in traffic can be avoided in most cases.  The loop gives you miles of canopy and water/oceanfront riding.   Looking forward to it.  A Savage ride would be a hoot.  Cool

2005 S40 Ridin' on the back of our motorhome...Where we go, so goes Thumper Smiley Smiley
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 01/14/18 at 19:32:50

I try to ride down Main Street during the week just because. Cabbage Patch is only 5 miles south of where I live and it gets a quick visit for the mandatory italian sausage with the works. I keep away from the cole slaw wrestling, seen it once and that was more than enough Cheesy
 If you have the time the factory tents over at the speedway have demo rides all week, just show up with a helmet/gear and a motorcycle licence.
 There are two big motorcycle flea markets, one at the Fair Ground on 44 and the other at the flea market on the corner of 415 and 92 just west of the speedway. Mostly rusty Harley parts with very little metric stuff but a lot of fun to walk through.
 Count me in for a group ride. Srotag, do you want to get together for a loop ride during the week? I'm pretty much free all week and Flagler is just up the road.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Srotag

Have  Thumper  
  Will  Travel

Wherever it is warm and sunny
Reply #6 - 01/15/18 at 16:04:17

Sounds good...

Those guys at Indiantown are about two tanks away.  Grin  Grin

2005 S40 Ridin' on the back of our motorhome...Where we go, so goes Thumper Smiley Smiley
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 01/16/18 at 07:00:08

Two tanks down and two back makes it a little more than a day trip for me. When Bike Week gets closer lets figure out a good day to get together.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 19:32:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Spring Daytona Bike Week

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.