About That Dossier... (Read 85 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

About That Dossier...
01/09/18 at 16:51:43

This is interesting to say the least.

http://apnews.com/26db6880b21f482c837dcc3922ee1410/Author-of-Trump-dossier-ha...

Transcript here:
http://apne.ws/Ri08w8H

Some folks on here say (paraphrasing) that I'm hung up on the actions of the president and hate him because he's not my guy.

Wrong.  Could not be more wrong.

I hate what this president has done before, what he's done during and what he will do after he's out of office.  This dossier is just one component of how much of a terrible person he is - and what a terrible president he is.

I challenge anyone on here to find equally darning (albeit circumstantial) evidence on any other president in modern history.  Yeah, Clinton diddled his intern and was accused of raping one woman years before he got in office.  But at the same time, he (at the very least) showed respect, however hypocritical, to the office and to the Country.  You cannot say that about our current president.  You simply can't.  More than 10 women have come forward to allege that our president sexually assaulted them.  He was caught on tape admitting that he's done it.  But it goes so much farther than that.

For just one moment think about how and why our current president has been under investigation since the day he took office.  Was any other president in modern times investigated like this?  No.

I know, the righties will say that "he's a threat to the establishment".  If that's the case, then why are all of his policies directly in line with the republican establishment?  Show me just one that's not.

The plain and simple truth is - he's as bad as he's been made out to be.  In this point in history, nothing is secret.  The walls are closing in on him slowly but surely.  

Look at where we are now as a society - JFK would have never made the ballot.  Neither would Nixon or Bill Clinton.  Heck, Eisenhower would have to have run as a democrat!

Our president seems to think that nothing he says/tweets has consequence.  Well, maybe not in the 1980's - but today, he's being hung out to dry.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: About That Dossier...
Reply #1 - 01/09/18 at 18:13:54

What part of the dossier has been verified?
Only that the one guy had a meeting.
With whom and for what purpose is still not known.
Would anyone trust it if the bubs hired someone to get dirt on Hillary?
Hillary AND the F.B.I. were involved in having it created and using it against Trump.
He won anyway.
How you can say with such certainty that people who are held in high regard today wouldn't make the ballot today is not something I understand.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 01/11/18 at 06:44:52

The dossier, rather than being the nail in Trump's coffin, as so many folks fervently wish, may instead turn out to be the coup de gras for Comey, McCabe and a bunch of other high mucky mucks in the FBI. In fact if it turns out to be the case that the dossier was used as the justification for the FISA warrant that led to the Trump Tower spying, it's probably going to sink the Mueller investigation too.

Probably not going to help Sessions job prospects going forward, or John McCain's credibility either.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 01/11/18 at 11:07:31

oldNslow wrote on 01/11/18 at 06:44:52:
The dossier, rather than being the nail in Trump's coffin, as so many folks fervently wish, may instead turn out to be the coup de gras for Comey, McCabe and a bunch of other high mucky mucks in the FBI. In fact if it turns out to be the case that the dossier was used as the justification for the FISA warrant that led to the Trump Tower spying, it's probably going to sink the Mueller investigation too.

Probably not going to help Sessions job prospects going forward, or John McCain's credibility either.

From the NEW YORKER:  

This week marks one year since BuzzFeed’s publication of the controversial “Russia dossier,” the document compiled by the former British spy Christopher Steele that claimed the Russian government had been “cultivating, supporting, and assisting” Donald Trump for years, and that the Kremlin was holding incriminating material about Trump, including a sex tape from a Moscow hotel room.

In the past twelve months, we’ve learned a good deal more about the Steele dossier, including that it was commissioned by the Washington-based intelligence firm Fusion GPS, which received funding from the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign. Some of the allegations in the dossier, including the one about the sex tape, haven’t been corroborated, and Trump has described it as a “Crooked Hillary pile of garbage.” (In publishing the dossier, BuzzFeed noted that the allegations it contained were unverified and that it contained errors.)

However, we have also learned that the F.B.I. took Steele’s work seriously enough to interview him before the 2016 election. After the election, according to the Washington Post, the Bureau agreed to pay Steele to do some more research, but that agreement was cancelled after BuzzFeed published the dossier. There have also been unconfirmed reports that the Bureau used the dossier to obtain secret warrants to tap the phone of Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign manager. And, last January, James Comey, while he was still the F.B.I. director, informed President-elect Trump about the contents of the dossier.

Oh, so they know of errors, lets call them, uh....lies, UNtruths, perhaps, like in fiction????

Why would the FBI pay someone else to do their job?

Yeah, about that dossier.
Do you have any idea what its cost productivity to our country?

Makes great tabloid titillation, however.... for robots to read  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 01/11/18 at 11:20:14

just a wee bit more......

We also know Christopher Steele, a former British spy, gathered information for the dossier from a hodgepodge of rumors from Russian sources that, according to Simpson’s own testimony, were never substantiated by the firm. Steele called the collection of rumors “raw” and “unverified.”

Simpson told Congress, in his prevaricating and often defensive testimony, that Steele allegedly went to the FBI because he believed the Kremlin had the goods on Trump. The Russians, he claimed, were blackmailing the candidate with evidence of sordid sexual escapades. More significant, the Trump team had colluded with the Russians in hacking emails of Democrats during the campaign and were working on a quid pro quo basis. It was like calling 911 when witnessing a potential crime, Steele noted.

Well, almost immediately, one of the most repeated and significant claims backing this testimony had to be walked back.

Simpson told Congress “an internal campaign source,” a “whistle-blower” within the Trump organization, had corroborated some of the information in the dossier for the FBI. This was a bombshell (if true) because it meant that there was a legitimate source substantiating those assertions. So even the dossier’s most shocking tales could be treated seriously by the FBI and used as a pretext to investigate Trump’s organization in the middle of a political campaign.

Soon after the transcript was released, however, NBC News’ Ken Dilanian‏, who has a close relationship with Fusion, reported that sources in the firm were correcting Steele, who’d mischaracterized ( fabricate maybe?)a meeting with a Trump source. No, there was no “walk-in” from the Trump campaign, as Steele had maintained in his testimony.

Whats next, the easter bunny told the fake news that there is no santa clause?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/11/18 at 14:17:12

oldNslow wrote on 01/11/18 at 06:44:52:

You really should read some of the transcript from the interview - it's fascinating.  Before this dossier even came out, the FBI had evidence to get the warrant.  To a great degree, there weren't any real surprises.

Think about it.  Why do you think our president never released his taxes?  Why did his son eric admit that the russians have funded most of the family's endeavors over the last decade?

For the record, I don't honestly think this will be the "nail in the coffin" - but it's yet another straw on the old camel's back...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 01/11/18 at 14:45:36

Give me facts and I will help drive the nail....
Until then all it does is sell more media hype, etc.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 01/11/18 at 15:06:15

Quote:
You really should read some of the transcript from the interview - it's fascinating.  Before this dossier even came out, the FBI had evidence to get the warrant.  To a great degree, there weren't any real surprises.

I have read it. I still  believe the dossier itself is largely a work of fiction. Whether there was evidence to justify a FISA warrant without the dossier is immaterial if in fact the dossier is what actually was used as the justification. If that happened, and it looks as though it might have, that's a pretty big problem IMO.

Quote:
 Why did his son eric admit that the russians have funded most of the family's endeavors over the last decade?

Because Trump wasn't the President( or even a candidate) for the last decade. There is nothing illegal or unethical about a private citizen engaging in business with foreign businesses or even, in most cases, foreign governments. Happens all the time. And of course people borrow money from whomever is willing to lend it to them.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/11/18 at 15:57:00

oldNslow wrote on 01/11/18 at 15:06:15:
Quote:

I have read it. I still  believe the dossier itself is largely a work of fiction. Whether there was evidence to justify a FISA warrant without the dossier is immaterial if in fact the dossier is what actually was used as the justification. If that happened, and it looks as though it might have, that's a pretty big problem IMO.

Actually, the FBI did not use the dossier as sole means of getting the warrant.  FISA courts don't just pass them out for no reason.

Time will tell.

Quote:
 Why did his son eric admit that the russians have funded most of the family's endeavors over the last decade?

Because Trump wasn't the President( or even a candidate) for the last decade. There is nothing illegal or unethical about a private citizen engaging in business with foreign businesses or even, in most cases, foreign governments. Happens all the time. People borrow money from whomever is willing to lend it to them.

That's not the question.  Our president's company doing business with russian interests on its face is not illegal.  However, the question of money laundering is an intriguing one.  That, and if he was being financed by them - how could that not have an influence on him?

And again, the big question is why doesn't he release his taxes?

C'mon - if Obama had refused to release his taxes or birth certificate, the right's heads would have exploded and they'd be calling for impeachment louder than some dems are now - you have to agree with that.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 01/11/18 at 15:58:07

raydawg wrote on 01/11/18 at 14:45:36:
Give me facts and I will help drive the nail....
Until then all it does is sell more media hype, etc.

Well, the facts are being flushed out into the open on a daily basis.  Read the interview transcript.

This is far from over.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 01/11/18 at 16:49:37

Quote:
 Time will tell.

Well, I certainly agree with you about that.

I just think that what it will tell is going to make a lot of the denizens of the so-called swamp very unhappy.

As far as the tax returns go, I doubt that there is anything incriminating in them. If there were they would already have been accidentally leaked by someone in the IRS. There are plenty of folks in that outfit that hate Trump's guts.

He won't release them because he doesn't care for a lot the people who are clamoring for their release, and he genuinely enjoys pis*ing those people off.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 01/11/18 at 17:11:14

oldNslow wrote on 01/11/18 at 16:49:37:
Quote:
 Time will tell.

I just think that what it will tell is going to make a lot of the denizens of the so-called swamp very unhappy.

As far as the tax returns go, I doubt that there is anything incriminating in them. If there were they would already have been accidentally leaked by someone in the IRS. There are plenty of folks in that outfit that hate Trump's guts.

He won't release them because he doesn't care for a lot the people who are clamoring for their release, and he genuinely enjoys pis*ing those people off.

Because he won’t do what others request makes him what.... guilty if their charges?

If a so called link exsist in his tax returns then it’s nit collusion because it’s declared in the document.

If I ask TT to prove he is not gay by posting a picture here, of him having sex with a woman....
If he diesn’t, then that proves he is gay....
Is that how it works?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 01/12/18 at 08:06:14

Quote:
 Time will tell.

So... you would have been ok with Obama not releasing his birth certificate or his taxes?

Sorry o&s - I call shenanigans on that.....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/12/18 at 08:10:11

raydawg wrote on 01/11/18 at 17:11:14:
Quote:
 Time will tell.

Because he won’t do what others request makes him what.... guilty if their charges?

No - but you have to ask yourself "why won't he release them?"  Again, would you have been ok with Obama not releasing his birth certificate or his taxes?  C'mon...

If a so called link exsist in his tax returns then it’s nit collusion because it’s declared in the document.

If I ask TT to prove he is not gay by posting a picture here, of him having sex with a woman....
If he diesn’t, then that proves he is gay....
Is that how it works?

No ray, that's not how it works.  Sexuality and criminality are NOT the same.  I love how you always seem to to go to the whole "gay thing"....

Besides, why the hell would you want to see my fat a$$ giving it to my beautiful wife anyway?  Odd.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 01/12/18 at 09:06:08

Quote:
o... you would have been ok with Obama not releasing his birth certificate or his taxes?

Sorry o&s - I call shenanigans on that.....

You can call it whatever you want, and I don't presume to speak for anyone else, but I never, ever, gave a da*m about Obama's tax returns or his birth certificate.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 05:07:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › About That Dossier...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.