Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What does this mean to you? (Read 37 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
What does this mean to you?
01/09/18 at 00:26:39

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

I've talked about the Commerce Clause several times. I couldn't understand how it was possible to read the Constitution and come to such an asinine conclusion. Now I see when they screwed up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: What does this mean to you?
Reply #1 - 01/09/18 at 15:41:09

No
Deep Thinkers
Who want to share what They think the Commerce Clause SHOULD do?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 01/10/18 at 09:18:58

You cannot deny that the farmer/rancher willfully disobeyed the governments orders.
The reasoning for the orders is beyond me.  They claim it's price protection.  They could have cooked up any number of reasons against someone and they could've just as easily ignored it as well.  He had the wherewithal to take it to the supreme court speaks of different reasons then those stated.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 01/10/18 at 09:44:19

An unconstitutional law has no right to be enforced. The farmer is denied the right to raise his own feed? Why not deny his right to raise his own food?
The government took a stance that the Commerce Clause gave them powers that aren't in the Commerce Clause in the Constitution.
The reason for that clause was to give the government a Referee position to keep one state from enacting tariffs against their neighbors.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 01/10/18 at 10:32:07

This is as one of our members pronounce regularly an Andy Roony moment... what's the rest of the story?
The government doesn't want you to do something and we'll cook up anything that we want to keep you from doing it.
As I said, this guy has the wherewithal to take it to the highest court in the land speaks to the underlying problem.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 01/10/18 at 10:52:21

Well, sadly, The Rest of the Story could well have been that he didn't believe that the court, being made up primarily of judges appointed By the President who was pushing that agenda didn't give him confidence in a truly honest outcome.

It was a government strong arm to force him to Buy what he could produce for himself.
In what free society does that make sense?
If he can be stopped from raising feed for his cattle because Not purchasing it was seen as
Inhibiting Trade
Why not stop him from raising food for the family?
Why not force him to hire a mechanic every time the tractor acts up?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 01/10/18 at 11:04:46

The Commerce Clause refers to Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 of the U.S. Constitution, which gives Congress the power “to regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes.”.

Since amended.. and not to our benefit.

Because they choose to be heavy handed, insurance companies must be located In the state where they sell their policies. That drives costs.

I don't see any way to read it that gives the government power to stop me from creating what I need. I see power to control legislation in one state that affects trade with the others, but no control over an individual who is producing For himself, not selling into the market, so he can save money.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:31:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What does this mean to you?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.