Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LED Tail Light License Plate Bracket (Read 165 times)
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LED Tail Light License Plate Bracket
01/07/18 at 03:22:19

Found this perfect LED Tail Light License Plate holder with integrated license plate lights that fits under the stock fender for a clean and simple look.

Here is the plate from amazon, its actually a side mount bracket but just toss the side mount and use the plate itself.........https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016Z0LWJQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie...

Essentially just use the stock bracket and cut the lower third piece off and drill holes as need in the middle section to accomodate the new bracket, and put spacers in between the fender and the 3 screw that secure the bracket to the fender to give the appropriate angle so that the led brake light will aim upwards and be somewhat flush with the fender.

Also some bonus pics of my led headlight

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: LED Tail Light License Plate Bracket
Reply #1 - 01/08/18 at 04:33:13

That tail light appears to match the shape of the fender really well.

You should get a buddy to follow you in bright sunshine and see how bright the brake light is when the sun is hitting it.  So many of the aftermarket LED lights just aren't as bright as the stock lights, and in daylight they are nearly invisible unless you are staring right at them - which is not something that soccer moms and texting teens are likely to do!  Your brake light and turn signals need to be really bright if they are going to help keep you safe.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/08/18 at 20:10:31

Thanks for the tip, I plan on installing a second set of running and brake leds on the sides of the plate bracket or the fenders to increase visibility, although my first impression is that it is very bright but I will have my dad ride behind to verify.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #3 - 01/09/18 at 00:50:01

That's a real tidy looking tail-light/licence plate setup!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/09/18 at 23:15:29

Thanks! Hope it will help someone in the future with options for tail lights, I spent time looking at the other members who had installed cat eye brake lights.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #5 - 01/10/18 at 17:47:59

ruckus430 wrote on 01/09/18 at 23:15:29:
Thanks! Hope it will help someone in the future with options for tail lights, I spent time looking at the other members who had installed cat eye brake lights.

I went with the cat eye. I started with a halogen light. It mounted well, but it always bugged me how far it stuck out. I switched to the LED version. It tucked right under the fender. It's also DOT rated!

The only issue left was the licence plate light. I used some licence plate bolts that had LED lights in them - pretty sure they wouldn't meet spec, but I don't usually ride at night anyway.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/10/18 at 21:46:36

I took a look through your previous posts but couldn't find a good view of your plate setup, would you linking me to an example? Im curious now

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #7 - 01/15/18 at 01:31:28

Here ya go:

IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/15/18 at 21:33:42

Thats a very clean setup IslandRoad, I would have copied you if I went with the cat eye nice work.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #9 - 01/15/18 at 23:43:26

Cheers Smiley

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #10 - 01/20/18 at 15:53:14

I like it a lot do you have an idea for a front LED light

« Last Edit: 01/21/18 at 03:29:48 by Dave »  

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/21/18 at 00:44:28

Heres a quick summary of what I did to fit a LED headlight into a VZ Marauder Headlamp housing that should bolt straight onto a suzuki savage.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1514882803

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:33:44

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › LED Tail Light License Plate Bracket

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.