Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
True believers in Science (Read 167 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: True believers in Science
Reply #30 - 01/05/18 at 16:36:29

Eegore wrote on 01/05/18 at 16:29:09:
"If you're a minority, you have to file another form to get affirmative action.  That's where they'll scrutinize the 'boxes' more closely."

That's pretty much what I am thinking.  This is one application at one college and I don't see anything about that application having influence elsewhere.

That application doesn't change anything about how that individual is interpreted by the people around them as far as I can tell, but its new so we don't know what the effects might be.  I don't think it will change how people analyze one's gender or race.

Look, why can you not see the obvious?

IF.......you can be identified by checking your box, THEN, that makes you a GIRL.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 01/05/18 at 16:46:08

I am under the impression that the "girl" box for "identify as" is personal.  

Everyone else will see a man, your gender is male biologically, you are a male student, can participate in male sports, can be in male fraternities.  You can not be in female dorms, be in sororities, apply for female scholarships or play female sports.

Is the college saying they will categorize applicants based off of chosen identity?  You identify as female and can bunk in a female dorm?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 01/05/18 at 16:58:13

Eegore wrote on 01/05/18 at 16:46:08:
 I am under the impression that the "girl" box for "identify as" is personal.  

Everyone else will see a man, your gender is male biologically, you are a male student, can participate in male sports, can be in male fraternities.  You can not be in female dorms, be in sororities, apply for female scholarships or play female sports.

Is the college saying they will categorize applicants based off of chosen identity?  You identify as female and can bunk in a female dorm?

No, that is NOT what it is saying.....

I don't care how square your peg is, if the box has a lid on it, you ain't never going to get in to it......!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 01/05/18 at 22:04:32

What is it saying?

How are they using that information?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #34 - 01/05/18 at 22:11:44

That's a daggum good question.
How is that useful?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:30:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › True believers in Science

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.