Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Look what I found....... (Read 61 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Look what I found.......
12/18/17 at 10:22:03

I hope you read this, I think it offers a real, viable perspective on a issue that needs a lot of light shined upon it....

I will post the closing paragraph:

Years of applying a narrow political and partisan lens to the condition of black America has steered dialogue away from truths that open a wider range of possibilities.  Though understandable and natural—when one considers the dynamics that encourage discriminated-against minorities to take the electoral route—the legacy of unsolved problems requires a new paradigm.

As uncomfortable as the Trump presidency may seem at times, it may offer a surprising opportunity for Americans to peacefully end their racial divide—a problem that clearly will not be solved by the conventional two-party polarization.

I will tell you this person paints the possibilities of economics, being the ticket.  

Here is the link: https://americanaffairsjournal.org/2017/11/black-america-donald-trump/

Read it, or not, its on you.........

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Look what I found.......
Reply #1 - 12/18/17 at 10:28:40

Your link can't be reached.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/18/17 at 10:34:42

verslagen1 wrote on 12/18/17 at 10:28:40:
Your link can't be reached.

I just tried it, works.....

Maybe copy and paste to your browser?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/19/17 at 10:03:06

Anybody try the link?

It’s working for me.

Such a diffferent perspective, I thought others might find it as enlightening as I did.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 12/19/17 at 10:23:45

I read some of it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 12/19/17 at 10:24:32

Good article.  Thanks for the link.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 12/19/17 at 11:01:27

Trippah wrote on 12/19/17 at 10:24:32:
Good article.  Thanks for the link.

Glad you liked it......

I don't think he is pushing so much for drug entrepreneurship, as much as using it as a template to show a bigger picture of changing ideas, methodology, and social ideologies, would you agree?

He gives a great reference to the "black market" in Russia, how a once illicit activity should no longer hold sway over current conditions.
Reasoning is sound, but perception lingers.
I would even venture to say with regard to when prohibition was relaxed, it still suffers from some stigma.
But to be fair, that might be more because of what some folks do with the product, like drinking and driving, an accident, and booze is blamed, when in reality it was not the booze, no, but the person acting irresponsible and using the product as not intended.....
Much like a gun and murder.

Jog, I thought this observation would invite a dialogue from you, re: money (capital).....

Ultimately, there are five sources of capital—natural resources, savings (including what we receive and inherit from parents), markets, government, and crime. If private sources of capital are foreclosed, then government and crime become the only options. And to some extent, blacks turned to crime because it allowed them to acquire capital. For much of American history, blacks were completely dispossessed of whatever they had, not only financial capital but even social and family capital. They were not able to own natural resources, and they did not have any access to financial markets. So perhaps it is not a surprise that, when they could, they turned to government. Seen through this lens, the Civil Rights Movement can be described as an effort by disenfranchised blacks to unlock capital from an entrenched establishment. The United States is unique in the sense that it eventually allowed discriminated groups to emerge and acquire access to capital relatively peacefully. The Civil Rights Movement gave blacks access to financial markets, as well as to the government (though some government programs inadvertently weakened families and communities).

When events are viewed from this angle, the course of development over the last thirty years becomes clear. The big debate in the black community is really over the following: whether and to what extent, at this stage, the black community should continue to rely on the government as a source of capital, or should move to private sources of capital, which are more flexible and provide more opportunities. Unfortunately, time has stood still. If anything, the progression today appears to be toward greater reliance on government. How can this trend be reversed?  

Would love to hear more thoughts on this informative and provocative essay.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 12/19/17 at 12:15:20

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or drivingc them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer.

And that's not bad where Opportunity exists. Now, we've created a situation where populations are high and opportunities are few. We've legislated opportunity away and imported needy,
Cloward and Piven were right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 12/19/17 at 12:24:15

This is a observation the author suggest as well.
It’s a fact you have generations that have never felt the satisfaction of providing for themselves and ending the cycle.

This is why his premise is through economics might provide a real sustainable life change to the black community.

Did you read the article?

Ps: it might also contribute to the robust market, that folks are sensing that real change is upon us......

Making America great by not what you give them, but what opportunities you can present to them....
Dude, that is healthy thinking!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 12/19/17 at 13:40:44

not to dampen the euphoria too much, this trickledown voodoo economics didn't work last time.  Corporate America just took the money and went to greener/cheaper pastures.  I certainly agree, financial help, to either the poor or rich should be time limited.

We have to find sustainable work near the pockets of poverty so we can get people back to working.

p.s.  I long ago suggested that everyone should pay income tax, even a token 5% so everyone would understand why people don't want to subsidize poverty..(or the wealthy for that matter).  This is why I am for small government.  Only when market forces do not do the job ( e.g. health care) should the gvnt step in, and then only briefly.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 12/19/17 at 13:48:35

Why did these businesses bolt to greener pastures?

I also believe education is paramount, but days of old, where you learned to become a sustainable entity upon yourself.....
Not how to put on a condom or any other of this social engineering.
Let folks choose their own preferences on social issues.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 11:27:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Look what I found.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.