Send Topic Print
Great looking bike (Read 115 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Great looking bike
12/02/17 at 15:37:40

I spotted this '83 Suzuki 650 cc Tempter on Craig's list and thought I would post the link since some people on this forum have expressed an interest in this model and the later versions.  
https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1983-suzuki-tempter-gr650/6409513524...
You'll probably have to copy and paste the link since it wraps the last two letters in the preview and changing font size doesn't seem to help.

fixed -v1
Note, that's the twin

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Great looking bike
Reply #1 - 12/02/17 at 17:52:40

Yeah, the list (YaBB) has address length limitations since it is relatively ancient freeware.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 12/02/17 at 20:32:34

Missed one of those last year. To my mind, this is a modern version of a '60s bonneville. Would really love one. Cool

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #3 - 12/02/17 at 20:43:20

Ok, newbie question: Would that be called a "standard"?

I've been educating myself about the old style bikes: standards, trackers, bobbers, cafe racers, scramblers etc, and I've been amusing myself by browsing photos of bikes labelled as such, and trying to pick when the label is correct, incorrect, or some kind of fusion - like the 'bobber' is saw with a cafe racer style tail!

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 12/02/17 at 20:45:33

standard. we meed more of these!

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #5 - 12/02/17 at 21:02:22

I was a teenager in the 80's and when I went looking for my first bike, a year ago, I had the image of a 'standard' in my mind. I didn't know it at the time. I found the Savage at the time because the restrictions for learners meant I couldn't ride above a 660. Now that I've learned a bit, and got a bit of experience, I'm really happy with the choice.

Besides, I've already spent way more on mods (not finished yet) than I would ever recover on resale! Luckily I love this bike.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #6 - 12/03/17 at 07:11:08

I had talked to this person about this bike, and he wants an exorbitant price for it.  He thinks it is some sort of a collector's bike.  I've refurbished 3 old Airhead BMW's and put tons of money into them only to find out that they were not collector's items either - though more collectible than this Suzuki.

It is pretty, clean, and nice style - that more normal sit up positioning.  My liking - but too expensive!!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/05/17 at 09:54:44

It may be a dealer who is listing that bike.  I've noticed that same white stone wall in the background of other bikes listed on CL for that area.  If the price were better I would consider buying it because I love the look.  But I am also thinking about the new Royal Enfield twin and I am getting to the age when something new that doesn't require any work is very appealing.  I still have an old BMW airhead that needs a rear crankshaft seal, fresh paint and some other repairs.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #8 - 12/05/17 at 12:04:53

From what I know (I used to live in Canton, and my son played football for Univ. of Akron) this guy is not a dealer.  He said he bought it for his wife, but she didn't use it.

I think he has delusions of grandeur!  At least $$$ because he thinks if is a collector's item.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #9 - 12/05/17 at 12:31:22

We discussed this bike in another thread.  I've been keeping an eye on it.  there aren't many GR650's out there and they are nice bikes.  The BIG issue is that they have starter gear problems and you can't get replacement parts for it.  I've seen some used GRs that were missing the starters because they got taken for other bikes.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 12:13:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Great looking bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.