stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Just checking in...
12/04/17 at 10:06:45

Just checking in.  Been traveling quite a bit with work and haven't had much play time at the computer lately. It is still warm here in central AL, ~60-65 F mid-day. I took the S40 out for a 75 mile ride Saturday and the Ninja out Sunday for a trip to the auto parts store.  Both bikes cranked right up with no complaints and were happy to be out on the road.

It is fun to get out on the bikes after you have been off of them for a month or two.  The feeling of riding seems not so normal as when you are riding daily and you feel like you are doing something that is a bit foreign (in a good way) and exciting.  The S40, which is tuned just a tad rich for the hot summer weather here runs like a champ now that it is cold. That coupled with the upgraded front pulley, I was 'cruising' at 75mph on the back roads before I knew it and had to keep slowing myself down. Had it not been for me not wanting a ticket for an early Christmas present, I could have easily been cruising at 85mph with a good bit of throttle left.

I hope to keep riding through the winter on these warmer days (mostly on casual day Fridays and weekends when it is ~60+).  My apologies to those of you in the North that had to put your bikes into hibernation for the winter.  Embarrassed

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Just checking in...
Reply #1 - 12/04/17 at 18:51:05

NICE

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 12/04/17 at 21:58:07

Welcome back to the Real World Stew !  Grin

I'm in the middle of painting the Harley back to original   ... but the other two are doing just fine !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 12/04/17 at 23:11:20

I'm just in the middle ... don't know WHAT I'm doing, but I am in the middle somewhere.   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 12/05/17 at 05:02:20

I got a couple days of really nice riding here in Tucson - my friends back home of informed me that I have been missing some really unusually warm and pleasant riding days in KY.  I am pretty sure that once I return back to KY this Saturday, Dec. 9th....the riding days in  KY will likely be gone! Sad

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 05:40:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just checking in...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.