Send Topic Print
I'm Back!!! (Read 81 times)
sgtsampay
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

I'm Back!!!
12/01/17 at 14:38:29

Hello all! I'm back after about 5 years. I know most of you all don't remember me from years 2011-2012 but anyways here is a run down on what happened.

I left in 2012 because I started a new career which caused me to travel alot and I had to leave home for about half a year. When I came back I meet a young lady and started seriously dating, taking up all of my spare time. Later one, once we married she had me sell the ole S40 after one motorcycle ride. Well, three years later she left me and once again I became single.

One year later, I was given a 1982 Suzuki GS850G which needed alot of work but for me for free. So who can complain about getting a free bike. After about two months of solid working on the bike whenever I had free time. I did get it running and running well. Its a great bike to drive around and very different experience vs. any other bike I have ridden. Now it does indeed have some drawbacks which I do not like. For one its 35 years old and parts are not super easy or cheap to gather. Its also always needing something tweaked or worked on due to old age. Also its about 650 pounds wet and very top heavy vs. anything I have ever ridden and not very fun for city driving which is what i do most of the time. Finally, it has 35k miles on it now and I would really like to have something for my daily driver which is newer, and less mileage at least. So here we go.

Today I picked up a 2005 black Suzuki S40 from facebook marketplace for $800 dollars, drive it home about 8 miles. It has about 7.7k miles on it and overall not in bad shape. She runs very well for a stock bike and seems to be in decent shape. Its not perfect but for $800 I really don't think I'm in to much of a hole here.

Now I choose to get a S40 once again because of three main factors: they are very cheap to fine and repair, very lightweight, and very simple to work on and mod.

In conclusion, I plan to gather parts for this bike over the winter and transform it into a slightly modded bike. I really want to change the carb, front brake pads, fuel petcock, muffler to a dyna once again, and mabye change up the paint scheme a little so it looks kinda like the new S40 in a all blacked out trim. For starters though I need to track down to covers, the battery crome cover and the left side cover as those are missing. Well, enjoy all!

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/sgtsampay/library/Suzuki%20GS850G

« Last Edit: 12/01/17 at 18:01:51 by sgtsampay »  
  IP Logged
renzo ramone
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston
Re: I'm Back!!!
Reply #1 - 12/01/17 at 17:43:32

welcome back!

$800 for a running S40 sounds fantastic!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #2 - 12/01/17 at 18:41:04

Sounds like you got a great deal ,Welcome back!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/02/17 at 09:00:38

I too, owned a GS850 years ago.  It had a windjammer fairing & bags.  I took it on a few regional trips with my girl friend. (now my wife)  Smooth powerful bike.  Developed a head gasket weep later on.  I became bored with riding it:  I enjoy a more visceral experience.

IP Logged
sgtsampay
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/03/17 at 17:45:30

Haha, yes it’s a very nice bike. Great for long road trips but it can be boring. It just does everything well with no issues. Like a old fashioned Gold wing..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:36:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I'm Back!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.