VooDoo Muffler (Read 126 times)
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
VooDoo Muffler
11/28/17 at 11:13:18

Anyone had experieince with the VooDoo Slashcut muffler. I have seen a video online of the thing and how it sounds. Wondering about mounting and re-jet experiences with it. I like the look and the fact it is a bit shorter.

Voodoo_muffler.jpg
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: VooDoo Muffler
Reply #1 - 11/28/17 at 18:11:13

The pic doesn't tell us anything about how it's made ,or where we could look at some spec's. so I'd have to say ,if it doesn't have  glass for packing,and it has a proper baffle, not straight thru ,it should work fine, as for jetting how do we know? We don't know what muffler or jets your running now.(I can't see your bike from here!)More info is needed.

« Last Edit: 11/29/17 at 14:00:21 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #2 - 11/29/17 at 20:50:51

Batman I asked the questions as I know little about it. I contacted VooDoo and they said it has baffles, assume steel insert type. The video of how it sounds is it is a little loud and the comments by person were it probably needed some jet work.

I have a stock muffler and a original set-up on carb. I do have a jet set from Lancer, picked up a Dyna along way, didn't install it. Got it in spring, thought I would try it this summer, but had a health thing with surgery and couldn't ride all season, so passed on install. Once I was cleared to ride it was on road and making up for lost time.

As for bike and environs, I live at sea level at the Jersey shore. Everything is stock as of now. Have had it for a little over a year. This winter is planned for the tear down and mods.

Yesterday and today were beautiful days at the shore. Finished work early last evening and decided since it was 57 degrees to take a last ride home. Today it was 62 and sunny so a ride along the coast to work was nice. My shop is just outside of Asbury Park.

I'm Thinking I will probably order a VooDoo as they are reletively inexpensive and will give it a try. Don't know if this link will work for a video of one intalled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzpmqGxzdps.

Here's picture of bike in front of my house this morning.

Thanks for the reply.

IMG_1752.JPG
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/30/17 at 07:42:01

I'd like to replace the pipe I have on one of my bikes with this as they look similar but this one appears more stable and might secure to the stock muffler bracket.

My current one doesn't secure to anything so it is just tearing up the header.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/30/17 at 08:52:31

I'd be concerned about the puny bolts at the head. That's a Long Lever.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #5 - 11/30/17 at 09:25:37

SoC, well I'd guess you know that you will have to rejet. I can't tell from the pic if your header pipe is already bluing ,but I expect it is.You have Lancer's jet set ,depending on which muffler you use ,being at sea level ,you'll need to start with the spacer mod and I'd expect you'll end up using two of the number 4 washers (but you may want to start with three) main jet ,start with the 150 ,and progress to the 152.5 or 155 as needed. your pilot (stock is 52.5) and I'd leave that unless you have a flat spot right of idle ,in which you may have to use a 55.the difference in power will amaze you,but expect to see a drop in mpg.good luck!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
SoC
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #6 - 11/30/17 at 11:20:26

Batman, again thanks for the info. As for install, I definitely wouldn't install without having it bolted to the frame, it is way too much hanging on the header unsupported. My header is bluing, it was when I got the bike. I am happy with the way it runs, though a little extra power would be nice. MPG is not so important to me as I use it mostly as an around towner, T to T as some might say, but I don't do taverns.

The whole VooDoo thing is about a hundred bucks, if it doesn't work out not the end of world. I do have a Dyna to try if not happy with it.

Other thing with this is I also hope to be able to get my swing arm lift under the bike to work on rear when necessary. Mine doesn't clear the stock muffler nor would it clear with the Dyna.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:24:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › VooDoo Muffler

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.