Send Topic Print
Cams (Read 66 times)
sparktfxr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cams
11/26/17 at 00:39:01

Can someone explain a discrepancy in valve lift specs..have done a few mods to my bike (2014 LS) with the helpfull info from this forum such as the cam chain tensioner, carb jetting & have spent a bit of time experimenting with different header pipes & mufflers/baffles & have fitted the larger Kawasaki drive pulley. I also have a 96mm wiseco piston to go in next winter (I live in the southern part of Australia) so while the motor is apart hope to upgrade the cam. Lancers stage 3 cam sounds like the way to go .. specs for it are .273 (6.93mm) lift in & ex ..& on the same blog the stock camshaft lift is given as .254 in / .244 ex (6.45mm & 6.19mm respectively)
My Clymer manual states the stock camshaft lift is 0.33in (8.5mm) for both in/ex       Am I just missing something here.. or are there different ways of measureing valve lift? If there are, am I correct in assuming that the percentage difference between the measurements equates to about 0.48mm extra lift with the performance cam or about 9mm total lift compared to 8.5mm stock

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Cams
Reply #1 - 11/26/17 at 03:19:29

The discrepancy may be that one set of data is based on the lift at the cam, while the other is the lift at the valve.  The rocker arm is not the same length on both sides - so it pushes the valve down more than the cam end of it moves.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
sparktfxr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Cams
Reply #2 - 11/28/17 at 13:50:27

Yeah..that makes sense...thanks

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home