Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Kickstand Switch Question (Read 312 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Kickstand Switch Question
Reply #30 - 11/17/17 at 09:17:39

batman wrote on 11/17/17 at 09:09:55:
Dave ,I might use the key too, if it was sitting where my speedo use to be ,instead of under my butt cheek.

or at least on the right side

WWW   IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #31 - 11/17/17 at 09:52:39

I do have one comment. I shut my bike down in gear only when buying gas because my bike crunches horribly if it is put in gear after a short stop, so I start it in gear at the gas station only. DAMFINO! Smiley

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #32 - 11/18/17 at 08:41:05

I'm very "old school" too!  So old school, that I once met Ben Franklin!

However, being old school where none of the bikes had any kill switches, kickstand switches or clutch lever switches.  I got used to getting on the bike, making sure it was in neutral and then hit the starter button (or in the older days, hit the kickstarter)!

However:  my question:  If one bypasses both the clutch safety AND the kickstand safety (which I intend to do on mine), why would one ever want to bypass the neutral safety, and thereby rendering the neutral light inoperable?

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #33 - 11/18/17 at 08:50:23

piedmontbuckeye wrote on 11/18/17 at 08:41:05:
However:  my question:  If one bypasses both the clutch safety AND the kickstand safety (which I intend to do on mine), why would one ever want to bypass the neutral safety, and thereby rendering the neutral light inoperable?

I don't believe anyone has suggested bypassing the neutral light when it is functioning properly.....the reason I posted the information on how it functions and how to bypass it - is that it could fail while you are a long way from home......and you may need to bypass it so you can get home!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #34 - 11/18/17 at 08:59:14

Dave wrote on 11/18/17 at 08:50:23:
piedmontbuckeye wrote on 11/18/17 at 08:41:05:

I don't believe anyone has suggested bypassing the neutral light when it is functioning properly.....the reason I posted the information on how it functions and how to bypass it - is that it could fail while you are a long way from home......and you may need to bypass it so you can get home!

I was just racking my brain as to why one would want to do it!  However I did appreciate your instructions on all of them (I even copied to my hard drive for my bike) as I always appreciate knowing how things are supposed to work, and how to bypass them to make them work the way they really should work!!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 15:33:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kickstand Switch Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.