Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
At least they admit it
11/08/17 at 12:54:27

Read the last paragraph..

Australia Admits Big Gun Control FAILURE; Will Change Direction
November 8, 2017 By C.E. Dyer

Despite strict gun laws and a failed buyback program, Australia still has an estimated 260,000 illegal firearms in the country. Australia’s Justice Minister has all but admitted defeat and has called for an amnesty program that would enable people to turn in their illegal firearms without “fear of prosecution.” Aside from being prosecuted for wanting to arm themselves, of course.

Reuters reported:

Australia on Friday announced a gun amnesty for next year after a criminal intelligence report estimated there were 260,000 illegal firearms in the country.

Australia introduced tight curbs on gun ownership after the massacre of 35 people by a lone gunman in and around a cafe at a former prison colony in Tasmania in 1996.

Justice Minister Michael Keenan outlined the “amnesty plan” in the wake of the failed buyback program to reporters in Melbourne:

The amnesty will provide an opportunity for those individuals who, for whatever reason are in possession of an unregistered firearm, to hand it in without fear of being prosecuted.

While Australia has some of the strongest firearm controls in the world, illicit firearms remain the weapon of choice for criminals.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: At least they admit it
Reply #1 - 11/08/17 at 14:01:11

Since 1996, Australia has had 8 people killed in 3 mass shootings...
How is that a failure?...
We beat them just this week...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 11/08/17 at 14:18:06

How does that make the statement incorrect?
How many people are victims of crime that has a gun in it?

Our laws were circumvented.
The air force screwed up.
A psychopath who Should have been in prison for the skull fracture on a n infant,
Etc, etc,
Our RIGHT to keep and bear is a cornerstone of America.
Australia is admitting that they screwed up.
Criminals have guns.
See?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/08/17 at 14:38:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/08/17 at 14:18:06:
What statement?.. all you did was cut-n-paste...
Look it up,.. you won't like the answer...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 11/08/17 at 15:37:44

Serowbot wrote on 11/08/17 at 14:38:20:
Look it up,.. you won't like the answer..

Hear's a Idea, look up,
Knives,
 Clubs,
  Poison,
   Falling down steps/ladders,
    Drowning,
    Drugs,
     Booze.

Don’t seem to remember, any of those, being,
 Guaranteed, under the
Constitution, of this Nation ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/08/17 at 15:41:11

Serowbot wrote on 11/08/17 at 14:38:20:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/08/17 at 14:18:06:
What statement?.. all you did was cut-n-paste...
Look it up,.. you won't like the answer...

If you're dishonest at the core, you'll Choose to pretend that I didn't point to the statement
firearm controls in the world, illicit firearms remain the weapon of choice for criminals..

IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 11/08/17 at 21:48:17

Guys I was just thinking what if democrats stopped pushing for such strict gun control? I think they would be able to get more people voting for them what do you think the result would be?

Honestly I vote democrat but the only thing I cannot agree with them on is their gun views, it just does not make sense to pass laws that only restrict law abiding citizens and not criminals. Background checks should be more strict and peoples records should not omit records of abuse. However assuming you clear a comprehensive background check you should be able to own and carry guns.

I for one do not like the idea of being a sitting duck or a fish in a barrel here in CA and I wouldn't carry but I would feel more comfortable knowing other people might and maybe be able to fight back. Also the knowledge that some people may be concealed carry can deter offenders or give them less options to plan an attack if they know they will be outnumbered. Security forces are always too late to the scene so we need to arm ourselves.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/09/17 at 05:07:36

A completely sound, reasonable and logical position. (other than voting Democrof course...!)

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 11/09/17 at 08:52:25

ruckus430 wrote on 11/08/17 at 21:48:17:
Guys I was just thinking what if democrats stopped pushing for such strict gun control? I think they would be able to get more people voting for them what do you think the result would be?

Honestly I vote democrat but the only thing I cannot agree with them on is their gun views, it just does not make sense to pass laws that only restrict law abiding citizens and not criminals. Background checks should be more strict and peoples records should not omit records of abuse. However assuming you clear a comprehensive background check you should be able to own and carry guns.

I for one do not like the idea of being a sitting duck or a fish in a barrel here in CA and I wouldn't carry but I would feel more comfortable knowing other people might and maybe be able to fight back. Also the knowledge that some people may be concealed carry can deter offenders or give them less options to plan an attack if they know they will be outnumbered. Security forces are always too late to the scene so we need to arm ourselves.

WOW a  Democrat, who likes guns.
Who, Understands them, and understands,
why they are part of the FREEDOM of this Nation.

I know many democrats, who also like guns,
and I say to them:

“That’s Great you like guns,
but you don’t have the BALLS,
to climb on that platform, you love so much,
with a crowbar, and pry out that plank.”

Perhaps their is some hope.
The DFL party has imploded.
When pieces are picked up, and a new platform is built,
the builders, could, forget to put that plank back in?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/09/17 at 08:56:54

WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/17 at 05:07:36:
A completely sound, reasonable and logical position. (other than voting Democrof course...!)

Nice one webster haha  Grin (no sarcasm it was funny)

But I vote democrat even though they push for social services that result in me being heavily taxed. But I don't mind and let me explain.

The way I see it, if we have services that provide a basic baseline of living for the poor or the homeless even, it will give those people just enough subsistence to get by without resorting to having to take from others by theft. It can be looked at as a kind of insurance on the things we own.
Now many are worried that production will go down and there will be lazy folks with no incentives to work. Well in this situation if you have poor folk with just basic living you don't earn enough to buy the nice things in life, and seeing the people who do work and don't just accept the basic government subsistence and get to have motorcycles a big house nice clothes etc. those poor folks will be motivated to work and earn more. Essentially the keeping up with the joneses is part of american culture and will motivate people to work and earn and those people will be rewarded for it.

But I know others feel differently but I live in an area where I have to leave my car or bike around areas with heavy population and I get by with how much I earn that if I need to be taxed a little more to help others get by and provide alittle insurance on my belongings and pesronal well being while traveling in the city then I'm ok with it.

But I understand someone who lives a quiet life in rural areas and don't have to deal with the general population this would not be of any benefit to them and their belongings and would just seem like a big tax burden. But maybe we should have tax zones for those who live closer to the city yeaaaa thats it cost of living is higher in the city areas, so are the wages and rent is higher so they should be taxed more but if you live far away you sometimes make less pay less and should be taxed less hmmmm idk i just made these up

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 11/09/17 at 09:12:20

I'm at LAX airport right now waiting to go home. I love LA and everything that goes along with it, but I wouldn't live here and fund all the social services they've installed. People generally don't steal because they're poor. If that were true, in my state of Missouri, the poorest counties would be rampant with crime. Bless you for wishfully thinking those taking government funds will see your example and change their ways. Does it happen? Sure. Enough? No.

IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 11/09/17 at 09:15:40

I get your point, but hey man if they don't want to work that means more employment opportunities for those that do. And since workers will become scarce in your belief then wages for workers will go way up. So that means good folks like me and you will be filthy rich wooo? Whaddaya think plausible?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 11/09/17 at 09:19:53

ruckus430 wrote on 11/09/17 at 08:56:54:
WebsterMark wrote on 11/09/17 at 05:07:36:

Nice one webster haha  Grin (no sarcasm it was funny)

But I vote democrat even though they push for social services that result in me being heavily taxed. But I don't mind and let me explain.

The way I see it, if we have services that provide a basic baseline of living for the poor or the homeless even, it will give those people just enough subsistence to get by without resorting to having to take from others by theft. It can be looked at as a kind of insurance on the things we own.
Now many are worried that production will go down and there will be lazy folks with no incentives to work. Well in this situation if you have poor folk with just basic living you don't earn enough to buy the nice things in life, and seeing the people who do work and don't just accept the basic government subsistence and get to have motorcycles a big house nice clothes etc. those poor folks will be motivated to work and earn more. Essentially the keeping up with the joneses is part of american culture and will motivate people to work and earn and those people will be rewarded for it.

But I know others feel differently but I live in an area where I have to leave my car or bike around areas with heavy population and I get by with how much I earn that if I need to be taxed a little more to help others get by and provide alittle insurance on my belongings and pesronal well being while traveling in the city then I'm ok with it.

But I understand someone who lives a quiet life in rural areas and don't have to deal with the general population this would not be of any benefit to them and their belongings and would just seem like a big tax burden. But maybe we should have tax zones for those who live closer to the city yeaaaa thats it cost of living is higher in the city areas, so are the wages and rent is higher so they should be taxed more but if you live far away you sometimes make less pay less and should be taxed less hmmmm idk i just made these up

Cheese and Rice, the sun just broke through the clouds, and a fresh wind is gently blowing through the pine trees.

ruckus430, your last paragraph, good idea.
I will respond later, after I need to do the things that I do today.
(On the surface, thinking it is a good Idea, but will outline the reasons, why I don't believe it would work, under 'current', government)

(My head is still reeling, a seed of a, 'discussion' has started,
let's see if we can keep from Burning it to a Crisp,
          by putting on to much Fertilizer)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 11/09/17 at 09:50:15

An economy burdened with the parasitic load of providing for a growing number of people who are not earning their own living can't be prosperous and provide good wages for the ones working, because they are paying for the ones who aren't.

A labor market flooded with hungry, unemployed people will not pay good wages, because there is someone waiting for you to quit.

Reverse the situation.
Employers begging for employees.
You're now a desirable and difficult to replace part of the profit making team.
You're in a position to negotiate as much of a paycheck as is
Economically Feasible
If Your Labor EARNS your employer ten bucks an hour, it's not possible to get paid fifteen.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #14 - 11/09/17 at 13:03:49

There are estimates that 30 to 50% of jobs will be taken over by robot/computers by 2030,...
What happens then???...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 12:50:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › At least they admit it

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.