raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Not many like him.......
11/05/17 at 17:50:52

I grew up listening to this man.
I know of nothing ever leveled against him negatively.
I know of no scandals, nor was he ever given to political speak.  

This man is class.

I hope someone will consider what this man is saying, and decide perhaps kneeling is not the best avenue to address their concerns.

Vin Scully vows never to watch another NFL game amid protest controversy

Amid the ongoing controversy surrounding the NFL and players kneeling during the National Anthem, one key figure in the world of sports is vowing to never watch football again.

Famed L.A. Dodgers Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully spoke publicly on the issue of the anthem before games and made the decree that he’s officially done watching football. The 89-year-old sportscaster was giving a speech at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in California on Saturday when, according to ESPN, he was asked about the protests.

"During the fall and winter, I watch the NFL on Sunday, and it's not that I'm some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year, didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything, but I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing that I can do in my little way is to not to preach; I will never watch another NFL game."

As Obama once said, elections have consequences......he is absolutely right.
So do your actions.

Be it kneeling during the National Anthem, or deserting your post on duty.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:56:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Not many like him.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.