Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pride goeth before a fall (Read 10 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pride goeth before a fall
10/01/17 at 07:02:08

If I still road a Savage, I'd put this on the Café but I ride a Vstrom now and only check in on the TT so....

Last Sunday morning, kinda pissed at wife about something silly which I don't even remember what it way,  so decided to load up bike with fishing stuff and go find a place to wet a line. I'm maybe 50 miles from home and finally decide on a place to go and I'm mentally remembering which lure bag I grabbed and which one I'm gonna tie on first. darn!  I realized I didn't grab the bag with my reel in it. I had my rod, wadding boots, lures but no reel. darn! Pulled over, checked Googlemaps and found a Walmart 5 miles away. Went to start bike and dead as a doornail. Thing is, I knew battery was getting old and needed to be replaced.
Anyway, tried to bump start it but no luck. Called my brothers, got no answer from either. Called a tow truck for a jump and 30 minutes later, I was running. However, wouldn't stay running unless it was high RPM's. No problem, 95% of way home was highway miles so won't be a problem...... Yea, I was stupid. Didn't consider trucks and traffic would get in the way and force me to slow down. Below 6k rpm it would die.
Died on the freeway a dozen times on the way home. You want a '$hit in your pants' moment? Drop down a gear and bump start a bike on the freeway, in middle lane with trucks and cars on either side. Somehow, made it home. Stupid, stupid stupid.... Should have called wife, had her go by AutoZone or someplace, bought a battery and brought me tools to change it. But no.....

I'm very careful on the street, never stupid. On my dirt bike? Sure, the whole point is to be stupid in the dirt, but the pavement is hard so don't be stupid.

Good reminder; be careful. Pride goeth before a fall so says the good book.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:15:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pride goeth before a fall

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.