Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hitting the nail on the head (Read 51 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

hitting the nail on the head
09/29/17 at 05:07:19

Very good essay on what Trump's appeal is, why he won and why he'd win again if an election were held next week.

It's no good anymore to put tiny, fringe groups on some moral pedestal and proclaim anyone who doesn't look up to them is somehow damaged goods.

That's what I saw in all those manufacturing facilities throughout the midwest leading up to this last election. That's why historical combatants like workers and management in a 3600 employee plant stopped to talk to one another about Trump "kicking ass last night" as if they were drinking buddies at the bar after work, which they most certainly are not. That's why the young kid in Whichita I saw who was literally yelling with joy that he scored Trump tickets.

There's a feeling that everyone else gets a free pass to be who they are, think like they think, and any consequences to society as a whole must be set aside so they can be free. Pardon the pun, but they thought civilized society agreed this group's needs trumped their own. Clearly they were wrong in the US and while Merkel won in Germany, her coalition is crumbling.

It's a complicated topic and requires unbiased thoughts which none of us have, but it's fair to say to those with the media and entertainment culture on your side, that may not be enough anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/sep/28/far-right-rightwing-nat...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: hitting the nail on the head
Reply #1 - 09/29/17 at 10:23:11

Web.....

I posted this article by Tony Blair.
His perspective is unique without being beholden to a party.
However, not a peep here on this board.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1506355128

I posted some other articles as well, crickets.

I think its no more complicated than coming to realize you can't defend the indefensible.....

You just retreat, sulk, pout, get angry, lash out, blame.....

Nothing there very constructive, eh?

Change is coming, 2018 will show exactly what the future will hold.
To keep the standard political arsenal, thinking it will win this time, if just repackaged, is to deny reality, and the facts that can be discerned from the past results.

I couldn't understand why Hillary got in the race so early.
I now believe I do.
She sensed the change was coming, this groundswell of "anti-Washington" politicians.....
As she had felt its early bite with having lost to Obama, which really was her moment to win.
She got in early so her political machine could narrate any opposition, better yet, avoid it all together....
A lot of elitist had as much of themselves at stake, as she did.
They still see people as inferior, for not having voted rightly.

The republicans will be shocked as well, Alabama was just a precursor to their destiny.

I believe in the end, tho it will seem the divide might be wider, it will finally break down these false barriers that have been scripted by the political and social Wizards of Ahs.....

And folks will dialogue as folks naturally do.  
The boogeyman will be discovered to be not real.
All the scare tactics, impotent......

In the end, we will find we really do not agree on everything, but even in that, it gives opportunity to expand our own knowledge, to things that we don't know.....
And in doing so, we become all the wiser.

The End  Grin    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/29/17 at 14:48:00

I actually agree with this...
Is that weird, or what?.... Grin

Basically,... I see the Trump phenomena as white resentment of a perceived minority privilege.
...but from the viewpoint of a "snowflake" liberal...
These "advantages", are merely a leg-up for any person that is in need.
We have a society, in order to assist each other as a community... as exampled in Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico...
These are urgent examples... but some are chronic, and less apparent on the surface...
If we aren't organized to help each other, I see no point in even having a government.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 09/29/17 at 15:32:37

In answer to "why have a government", our government is described by the below mentioned article based on its expenditures.

In one of the cited articles or perhaps a Bloomberg tract there was a great quote, which I will paraphrase as:  Our government is two large insurance agencies protected by a large army (they were discussing where most of the US budget is spent. (Social Security, Food stamps program, "Defense" Dept.) Grin Grin

The article was written by someone who was becoming less worried about our national debt -Title was something like "learning to live with a national debt"   If I can find it, I will give a better citation - it was a interesting article.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 09/29/17 at 15:53:46

Bot.....

Let me share this example/insight, maybe this will give a different perspective to things.

What makes life as a society great, as humans, is we are not driven by instinct of animals, who herd, with like.

We preach diversity as a good thing.....

Well, that is until it broaches upon our own comfort zone, beliefs, or understandings.
Then we get defensive.

You use to edit, censor, and delete post, when you didn't like them.
You could default to, "those are the rules" as reasoning, but you didn't apply it equally.

You even remarked you deleted mine because you were tired of my BS.....  Grin

Now, take your "feelings" and TRY and extend that to others, who DO NOT see, believe, feel, etc, the same way about issues that CNN, liberals, Hollywood, you, etc, feel, believe.

Should they be denied to have their own feelings and beliefs?

Your "rule" justifying why you censored free expression, that it must be upheld, is the same mentality of those "deplorable" who voted Trump, against policies that went against the rule of law, like illegal immigration, etc.

But I think the biggest factor is that they are tired of being ignored, and minimized, and shamed under the guise that political correctness creates a better, more fair, society....

I say, its just plain, bullying into submission, Hollywood being a perfect example at the consequences if you don't do the herd thought....

I don't believe I'm wrong, but have it....
I'll listen.  

PS: The guy writing the linked article used the word, "combat" in going against the opposition.

That word alone is extremely telling to me.

It puts his whole motivation into context, about winning, not reaching any understanding.....

Just like war.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 09/29/17 at 16:51:07

You may not have seen it as fair or balanced,.. but the rule was, no personal insults.
I deleted post that went personal.  not posts that I disagreed with.
I still think personal insults detract from participation and diminish the discourse.
... but that's what everybody wanted.
The TT suffers for it.

...and it's still more civil than Trump...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 09/29/17 at 17:23:04

Serowbot wrote on 09/29/17 at 16:51:07:
You may not have seen it as fair or balanced,.. but the rule was, no personal insults.
I deleted post that went personal.  not posts that I disagreed with.
I still think personal insults detract from participation and diminish the discourse.
... but that's what everybody wanted.
The TT suffers for it.

...and it's still more civil than Trump...

You decided insults, that is my point.
PC is just a fancy ribbon on perceived insults, when not intended.

Of course you have ugliness of the likes of calling President Obama a Porch N.
But look at you, look at Michele Obama, it seems you guys hold contempt for anybody who voted for Trump, AND.....
You put them all in the same boat, racist, homophobe, sexist, etc....
And this is without even knowing these folks personally.

Why is that different than calling all Blacks, as/by one descriptive?

Tell me please, how does this lead to understanding?

I just don't see it.

Not anymore than as a believer, I get in your face, telling you that you are going to hell, because of......

How does that invite understanding Bot?

How does judging others by the actions of another, as in Trump is despicable, that you then condone such actions?

When the choice is between two, neither good, well......  

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 09/30/17 at 05:24:35

Serowbot wrote on 09/29/17 at 14:48:00:

Basically,... I see the Trump phenomena as white resentment of a perceived minority privilege.
We have a society, in order to assist each other as a community... as exampled in Houston, Florida, and Puerto Rico...
These are urgent examples... but some are chronic, and less apparent on the surface...
If we aren't organized to help each other, I see no point in even having a government.

Perception is reality as they say.

Suicide among white, under educated middle aged males has escalated so I've read. No one cares. National political figures pander to Ivory Tower media  and entertainment figures and OVER emphasize tny issues into national dividing points. If you object to Target capitulating to a letter from"an LBGTQxxxxxx spokesman" demanding unisex bathroom and changing rooms, you're a bigot; an outcast. But are you really? Does the majority of Americans really think like Miley Cyrus, Matt Damon or Matt Lauer? I don't think so, I don't see that.

I was in New York state this week, went to 6 mfg plants. As soon as I said I'm from St Louis, everyone had an opinion about the on going protest here which lead back to conversation about Mike Brown and Ferguson. How come I NEVER run into anyone who backs the BLM protest movemy? Never. Who are these people marching in the streets?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 09/30/17 at 09:18:25

WebsterMark wrote on 09/30/17 at 05:24:35:
Serowbot wrote on 09/29/17 at 14:48:00:

Perception is reality as they say.

Suicide among white, under educated middle aged males has escalated so I've read. No one cares. National political figures pander to Ivory Tower media  and entertainment figures and OVER emphasize tny issues into national dividing points. If you object to Target capitulating to a letter from"an LBGTQxxxxxx spokesman" demanding unisex bathroom and changing rooms, you're a bigot; an outcast. But are you really? Does the majority of Americans really think like Miley Cyrus, Matt Damon or Matt Lauer? I don't think so, I don't see that.

I was in New York state this week, went to 6 mfg plants. As soon as I said I'm from St Louis, everyone had an opinion about the on going protest here which lead back to conversation about Mike Brown and Ferguson. How come I NEVER run into anyone who backs the BLM protest movemy? Never. Who are these people marching in the streets?

Its the same question as to why Bot won't answer my questions posed in the post above yours.....

I think its because they can't.

They can only bring accusations, not facts, and when challenged to produce, go silent.

Think of it this way Web.....

If the puppeteer is being paid to use his hand puppet to lecture little kids about the dangers of smoking, etc.....
He has to remove his hand from the puppet, to go outside and have a smoke.....

The puppet now is limp, and silent.

The little kids that stayed outside instead of watching the puppet show, now grow up thinking smoking is ok.

The ones that stayed inside, go on to live healthy smoke free lives.

Bot is limp and silent.
He doesn't even sport enough sack to use the puppet to hold his smoke while he drags away in front of the kids  Grin

And Jane ran behind the puppet stage with Diick, because lil' Bot smelled like smoke........

While Bot gets stuck with Spot.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:53:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › hitting the nail on the head

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.