Send Topic Print
Re: Ken Burns Vietnam (Read 214 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Ken Burns Vietnam
Reply #15 - 09/29/17 at 18:42:57

I could have been sent, possible, unlikely, we were coming out in 73.
Interesting that YOUR ignorantass is able to tell me what the military said was wrong.
That's pretty seriously arrogant.
I FIGURED they knew THEIR RULES.
I shoulda asked You.
You are so ignorant..
Learn to spell.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #16 - 09/30/17 at 14:13:49

thumperclone wrote on 09/29/17 at 17:51:25:
if you were not in Nam for 90 days you are a POSEUR  for wearing the ribbon
I don't care what the USAF told you

you want an  apology come up to the mountains and I'll get you one or two or more
MOGGOT

Now don't you feel like a man?
And WTF is a moggot?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 10/01/17 at 09:44:45

DeClone, DeJoke,

IP Logged
snels516

Reply #18 - 10/02/17 at 09:37:51

You were ordered to purchase and wear the Vietnam Service Medal having never been deployed to Vietnam or any qualifying locations? It sounds more like it should have been the National Defense Service Medal since you served during a eligible period but did not deploy.

I wore the NDSM Bc I joined in a time of war. I didn't wear the Iraq Campaign Medal until it was awarded after I actually deployed there. Is the VSM on your 214 or did they just tell you to wear it?

And to be clear I'm in no way trying to diminish your service. My questions are simply out of curiosity.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #19 - 10/02/17 at 10:58:03

Everyone who Served while we had men in Nam wore it.

IP Logged
snels516

Reply #20 - 10/02/17 at 16:00:32

"It" being the VSM? Was it reflected on everyone's 214?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 10/02/17 at 16:27:17

After 42years I should know?

IP Logged
snels516

Reply #22 - 10/02/17 at 17:39:57

I would think most folks would know if they were ever actually awarded a medal but forget it. I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to take anything away from another vet. As I said it was just my own curiosity that had me asking. I don't know why the other guy felt the need to attack you.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 10/02/17 at 18:19:28

It wasn't some Award ceremony.
We enlisted WHILE our guys were in Nam. Everyone in basic training was told to buy the medal and wear it on the dress blues. We did. Anyone who questions that just doesn't know how it works.

IP Logged
snels516

Reply #24 - 10/03/17 at 04:50:57

That answers my question, thank you. And you're correct that I don't know how it WORKED. I do know how it WORKS now though. And again I wasn't questioning your service or integrity. I enlisted while our guys were already in Iraq and Afghanistan and we wore the National defense right off the bat. Things just worked a little different 40 years ago I get it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 10/03/17 at 08:41:01

My Service was inspired by being an 18 yo kid who had no means to make enough money to live on and Not be single. The paycheck is what most of the people who enlist are after. Education, experience in a field that they can use to make a living once they get out.
A career and pension is something a minority are after.
Protecting our Freedoms?
Get real. You're looking at a tremendously narrow part of the people who enlist. Pat Tillman thought that was some part of the mission. Once he realized that farce and started telling people he was gonna tell America what was really going on when he got home, well, he got triple tapped..
If the military is protecting our Freedoms
I wanna know who is the THREAT.
And why does it look like they are losing?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 10/03/17 at 10:49:54

Last nights episode I watched took us up through 1973, right after the Watergate break-in was reported on. One of the most interesting things last night was the tape recordings between Nixon and Kissinger.  I have certainly heard about those recordings but never actually listened to them. Nixon demanding his "plumbers" break into the Brookings institute, cracked the safe to steal any compromising reports was incredible to listen to.

I was thinking while watching it, how often we justify the phrase "the end justifies the means".  answering that is not as easy as it first seems. Put yourself in the oval office back then. Those decisions aren't easy to make.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #27 - 10/03/17 at 12:25:25

After seeing other Documentaries,
I expected Bullshit.
I was right.
http://www.rense.com/general96/KBreinvents.html

We destroyed them and injured ourselves immeasurably, and still lost
All based on a LIE.

And the game works on the Dumbmasses over and over and over again.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 10/03/17 at 12:47:42

Burns’ Vietnam War episodes tried making America’s ugly past look respectable - ignorant individuals alone buying it.

I don't know how anyone who watched it could say Burns was trying to make the US government seem respectable. I didn't see that.

It begins quoting unindicted war criminal Henry Kissinger, deplorably saying America needs to “heal the wounds and put Vietnam behind us.” It ends with Beatles’ anti-war activist John Lennon’s “Let It Be” over the credits.

And in between, it puts Kissinger's comments in context and I don't think anyone watching it would have thought those comments were valid. To the contrary. Have no idea who this Stephen Lendman guy is, but I think he started out with an axe to grind and found it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 10/03/17 at 16:27:30

I find Lendman often, different places.
I don't agree with everything he says at all.
But, if the series didn't straight up state that we went in based on lies, then it's a LIE.
Kissinger is certainly a bad guy. Should be in prison or coffin, either one suits me. He may have croaked, I don't remember.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:57:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: Ken Burns Vietnam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.