Front tire pressure? (Read 50 times)
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Front tire pressure?
09/23/17 at 20:45:37

What does everybody think about front tire pressure?
I have a stock 2014, with of course the IRC tires. I find that running about 33 PSI an the front and 35 at the rear really helps with cracks  and grooves in the road surface. The standard 29 psi at the front really catches the longitudinal imperfections.

Any thoughts?

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Front tire pressure?
Reply #1 - 09/23/17 at 21:18:24

There's no Right pressure on the IRC tires. They suck regardless.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 09/24/17 at 07:10:37

I'm not on stock tires, but run at about 30 and 33 and it rides well. Stock bike weight and 150 lb rider.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #3 - 09/24/17 at 08:00:19

I used to have IRCs both front and rear.  Finally about a month ago, I replaced the front with a Michelin.  100% better!!

I want to replace the rear this coming spring but I am still undecided what I will purchase, would like to go Michelin, but I don't think they have the right size.

In answer to your question about pressure.  The only variable that you should NOT do is to over/under inflate based upon the restrictions on the tire itself.  The rest is up to you.  I have found that over-inflating will cause the ride to have too much "road feel," and too soft will be felt in the turns where the tires seem to "roll" too much.  Stay within the limits and experiment what what makes YOU feel good - both safe and comfortable.

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 10:55:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front tire pressure?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.