Send Topic Print
Piston (Read 66 times)
Thompson
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Piston
09/22/17 at 07:14:39

Do you guys know the weight of the stock piston?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Piston
Reply #1 - 09/22/17 at 13:13:06

Dave wrote on 01/04/16 at 08:03:05:
I used a postage scale and weighed the stock piston and the 97mm Wiseco and Woessner pistons and pins (no rings or clips).

The stock piston was 1LB - 0.8OZ, the 97mm Wiseco was 1LB-0.3OZ, and the 97mm Woessner was 1LB, 1.2OZ.

Since the difference between the stock 94mm piston and the 97mm Wiseco is only 0.07%, I believe it is not really noticeable. (I don't know the weight of the 95mm or 96mm Wiseco).

I currently have a 95mm Wiseco in my bike and I don't notice any difference in vibration when at a steady speed - but under full power the engine does make a more noticeable "pull" and the power pulses are more pronounced and vibrate the mirrors a bit more (until you roll off the throttle)....partial throttle seems to make very little difference in vibration - however the increased compression ratio makes the bike slow faster when you roll off the throttle.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Piston
Reply #2 - 09/22/17 at 15:28:34

I have a 97mm and it does pull harder and decel's harder as well, and the vibrationmay may be slightly more when on the power, but do not think it has to do with the slight difference in weight but instead to the harder power pulses from the increased compression and the increased fuel/air mix that the cam and carb are feeding to the cylinder.  That all makes for a bigger/harder bang and that can be felt.
Isn't that what we wanted ?  YEP.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 07:31:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Piston

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.