Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Replacing Stator Question? (Read 189 times)
Lucky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Replacing Stator Question?
Reply #15 - 09/28/17 at 10:39:39

All I know is on all 4 of my bikes, they all charge when running and testing at the battery, over 14 volts.

12.3 is not the normal for a battery sitting, should be closer to 12.7-12.8. in my experience.  

I took it for a ride yesterday just about 10 miles, didn't have time nor desire to ride it 50-100 miles, too small of a bike for me.  let it sit over night, going to see what voltage is today.  

also, just a side note, I don't know why a bike this simple has all the safety switch bull nuts on it, they've made the electrical system about 1000 times more difficult than it needs to be.  

Thanks for the replies

IP Logged
Lucky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Replacing Stator Question?
Reply #16 - 09/28/17 at 10:43:33

batman wrote on 09/27/17 at 13:04:41:
EDS,I thought we were talking about the charging system not batteries, but while we're on the subject .Why do you think the water level in your battery was so low? could it be that your voltage regulator/rectifier is on it's way out,over charging your battery and "boiling " the water out ? 12.7 volts sounds awfully  high to me, 12.3 being the norm.I'd have it tested.

12.7 is not high...  and 12.3 is NOT the norm.  12.3V is actually about 60% charged, 40% discharged.  (see 2nd hyperlink below)

https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/frequently-asked-questions/powersports-batter...

see this one after number 6, gives a good chart of what voltage should be.

https://www.batterystuff.com/kb/articles/battery-articles/battery-basics.html

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 13:42:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Replacing Stator Question?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.